Ivermectin works for Covid and Per reviewed study from Peru proves it

TheYellowKing

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2023
Carcosa

Once again Fauci put profits over people like he did in the 80s with AZT. Wonder if the media will still call it horse paste?

Hydroxychloroquine is also very effective, all of the world leaders took it as prophylactic against covid, according to President Bukele, America's ally in El Salvador.

This is one of the reasons a lot of malaria stricken countries didn't have the covid death rates. People take the medicine there as both a treatment and preventative for malaria, its safe enough to give to people merely to prevent disease.

Once again Fauci put profits over people like he did in the 80s with AZT. Wonder if the media will still call it horse paste?
So..where's the link to the peer reviewed study?
Doesn't seem to be in the linked article.

Hydroxychloroquine is also very effective, all of the world leaders took it as prophylactic against covid, according to President Bukele, America's ally in El Salvador.

This is one of the reasons a lot of malaria stricken countries didn't have the covid death rates. People take the medicine there as both a treatment and preventative for malaria, its safe enough to give to people merely to prevent disease.
Yes, correct. RFJ Jr. documents prophylaxis in various countries in his The real Anthony Fauci.

This is a good article to analyze.
Nov 2022 Peru / Ivermectin

Its in the article at the bottom
Clever use of anecdotal information, I'll give them that. Oh, deaths went down, it must be because of ivermectin. :auiqs.jpg:
Gawd, what in the pandemic caused people to lose their minds?

Unfortunately for the OP, you've chosen to highlight the one country abroad where I know EXACTLY what
went on during the pandemic in this country as the company has had several major projects there for the last five years.
The restrictions the government put into place were reasons your deaths went down. They make what we went through here
look like an afternoon picnic.

But hey, if you get COVID and feel like de-worming yourself..go right ahead.
I won't stop you.

The Food and Drug Administration has not approved the use of ivermectin, an antiparasitic medication, to treat or prevent COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Ivermectin is approved for human use only to treat some conditions caused by parasites, such as intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, head lice, and skin conditions.

SciCHECKsquare_4-e1430162915812.png
Although the National Institutes of Health counts over 70 studies evaluating the safety and effectiveness of ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19 in humans, the FDA says “currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19,” and using the medication for this purpose in humans or animals “can be highly dangerous” in some instances.

Yet, at a town hall, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said the drug was not officially available because researchers were “unwilling to objectively study” the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 out of “hatred” for former President Donald Trump.

“The hatred for Trump deranged these people so much that they’re unwilling to objectively study it,” Paul told constituents on Friday, Aug. 27, after a woman asked why ivermectin wasn’t more available, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer’s report of the gathering. “So someone like me that’s in the middle on it, I can’t tell you because they will not study ivermectin.”

In a subsequent opinion piece published by the Enquirer on Sept. 8, Paul said the paper did not report what he said “accurately.” He said his point was that “we don’t yet know the full story on whether” ivermectin “is effective,” and he acknowledged the drug was in “several studies including a Phase 3 trial for COVID right now.” “I never recommended anyone take Ivermectin,” he wrote.

Paul’s remarks came almost a week after the FDA used Twitter to scold those who have been self-medicating with ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19, and a day after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a health advisory showing a rapid and worrisome increase of both ivermectin prescriptions and severe illness associated with its use.

The FDA said the agency received “multiple reports” of people requiring “medical attention, including hospitalization,” after ingesting ivermectin intended for livestock, which comes in doses that can be toxic for humans. Animal ivermectin, which is different from the one intended for people, helps prevent heartworm disease and other parasites in different animal species.

Both the World Health Organization and the National Institutes of Health have not recommended the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 outside of clinical trials, citing insufficient evidence. The Infectious Diseases Society of America also suggested against the use of the drug outside of a trial, since there is a “very low certainty of evidence” and “concerns with risk of bias (i.e., study limitations) and imprecision” on 15 studies reviewed by the end of July.

On Sept. 1, worried about an alarming increase of calls to poison control centers after ivermectin ingestion, the American Medical Association, American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists called for an “immediate end to the prescribing, dispensing, and use of ivermectin for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial,” adding that the use of the drug for this purpose “has been demonstrated to be harmful to patients.”

“My recommendation is, if people are interested in ivermectin and helping prove what its effect is — and is there a benefit or is there not a benefit — participate in a clinical trial,” Dr. David Boulware, a professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical School and a practicing infectious disease physician, told us in a phone interview. “That will help our society get the answers, you know, as quick as possible.”

Preliminary Results from International Trial​

Researchers in the U.S. and across the world have shown great interest in trying to find out if ivermectin, a cheap and widely used antiparasitic drug, could be effectively and safely used to treat COVID-19 patients. As of now, there are 77 studies assessing the use of ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19 registered in clinicaltrials.gov, and 139 trials listed in the WHO’s International Clinical Trials Registry Platform.

“Everybody wanted to do what they could when COVID first struck,” said Edward Mills, a Canadian researcher co-leading one of the largest clinical trials on repurposed treatments to be completed yet. “And those of us working in clinical research, we did what we could too.” Mills was speaking on Aug. 6 while presenting the results for the first time during an event sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.

Ivermectin binds to SARS-CoV-2’s spike protein, limiting the virus’ morbidity and infectivity.22 The drug, while best known for its antiparasitic effects, also has demonstrated antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. An in vitro study demonstrated that a single treatment with ivermectin effectively reduced viral load 5,000 times in 48 hours in cell culture.23

Studies have shown that ivermectin helps to lower the viral load by inhibiting replication.24 A single dose of ivermectin can kill 99.8% of the virus within 48 hours.25 A meta-analysis in the American Journal of Therapeutics also showed the drug reduced infection by an average of 86% when used preventively.26

Ivermectin has also been shown to speed recovery, in part by inhibiting inflammation and protecting against organ damage.27 This pathway also lowers the risk of hospitalization and death. Meta analyses have shown an average reduction in mortality that ranges from 75%28 to 83%.29,30

Additionally, the drug also prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 when taken before or after exposure.31 As the Cureus study noted, the latest data only adds further evidence that ivermectin has an important place in COVID-19 treatment:32

The average treatment cost for ivermectin is $58.35 Do you think this has anything to do with ivermectin’s vilification? The authors of the Cureus study certainly do:36

“The exceptional safety profile and low cost of IVM certainly support its use as in Peru’s operation MOT [Mega-Operación Tayta] and in Uttar Pradesh as an attractive national policy for COVID-19 mitigation. These significant reductions in mortality as achieved in Peru and Uttar Pradesh suggest that the impact of such a national IVM deployment would be observable within a relatively short period.
However, generic drugs have often fared poorly in competition with patented offerings in past decades, based upon the unfortunate vulnerability of science to commodification and regulatory capture … Such a potential bias against IVM was suggested by a February 4, 2021 press release from Merck, which was then developing its own patented COVID-19 therapeutic, claiming that there was ‘a concerning lack of safety data’ for IVM.
However, IVM is Merck’s own drug, found safe at doses considerably higher than its standard dose in several studies, as cited in the section on the background on IVM treatments of COVID-19, and the Nobel Prize committee specifically noted IVM’s safety record in honoring the discovery of this drug in its 2015 prize for medicine.”
these are the facts as we know it ...

Good luck proving that.
I don't have to prove it, ace, I lived it. Firsthand knowledge. Not of any other country, just Peru.

Again, I have zero idea why people just cling to any conspiracy theory out of desperation and a fear they're being completely lied to and mislead.
It must be something lacking in their personal fulfillment as human beings. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I don't have to prove it, ace, I lived it. Firsthand knowledge. Not of any other country, just Peru.

Again, I have zero idea why people just cling to any conspiracy theory out of desperation and a fear they're being completely lied to and mislead.
You dont know that the reason for low deaths was because of restrictions. Sorry for your luck.

its call lack of critical thinking ...
Yeah slick, I got it. The link actually was a footnote.
If the OP was genuine, it would have been included in the opening statement of the post.
well, skippy give it a try ... we aren't here to prove ourselves to be wrong ... thats your job skippy ....so google it ...

Forum List

Back