I've been working with a therapist who was offered to me by the police. Was it a wise decision to work with her?

Why are the police involved?

Because I've been assaulted. Too many times to count. I worry that the police will work with my wife to railroad me though, the denial of the Police Report confirmed this when their reasons for denying these files conflicted with the Crown who said they haven't received anything/

I'm worried they are giving her time to fabricate through notes etc. She never had a notebook, she was on her tablet playing slots for hours a day.

Trust is at an all-time low, but I have to be suspicious, no?
What does he think?

images

Is the court ordering you to receive therapy?

No. I was working with Victim Services. They have been hit and miss with their assistance, but I definitely needed to deal with the PSTD. If anyone needs therapy it is her, she urinated on my pants when the Leafs were winning a hockey game for crying out loud, does that sound normal to you?

Listen, as much as I don't trust you, I am telling you with God as my witness that I am the victim. Moreso, I am struggling with all of the emotions, this isn't a process I would wish on anyone.

No. I was working with Victim Services. They have been hit and miss with their assistance, but I definitely needed to deal with the PSTD. If anyone needs therapy it is her, she urinated on my pants when the Leafs were winning a hockey game for crying out loud, does that sound normal to you?

Listen, as much as I don't trust you, I am telling you with God as my witness that I am the victim. Moreso, I am struggling with all of the emotions, this isn't a process I would wish on anyone.
You can trust me inasmuch as I wish you no harm or bad consequences.

Do you mean that the therapist urinated on your pants to make it look like you did it yourself?

Of course you don't have to tell me anything and it might be better if you don't.

You can trust me inasmuch as I wish you no harm or bad consequences.

Do you mean that the therapist urinated on your pants to make it look like you did it yourself?

Of course you don't have to tell me anything and it might be better if you ?? Not the therapist, my wife urinated on a pair of jeans of mine. Not today obviously.

?? Not the therapist, my wife urinated on a pair of my jeans and told me to get them. Not today obviously.

Get a male therapist. More likely than not a female therapist will simply gaslight you into thinking that you are at fault...

Get a male therapist. More likely than not a female therapist will simply gaslight you into thinking that you are at fault...

Too late, I chose a female. I have an easier time opening up to a female, it's been hell on earth for me.

The feeling of injustice is always worse when one if the target of such injustice.

Yeah... And we see how well that worked out for you last time. But it's your life. Keep taking the easy way out...

I understand, you're right, you are. I had to make a decision though, I'm trying to take the path of least resistance while maintaining my commitment to the truth. It isn't easy, you understand.

Try it out with an open mind. If you’re going to go into therapy with preconceived notions the therapy won’t benefit you.

It's just been a very long time in which I have been dealt a raw hand.

It's very difficult. I took four days to post it on here as I was embarrassed, nervous, confused even fearful of judgement. 20 Years ago I had confidence and clarity, I was essentially trapped with no good options once married and we bought the house together.

You guys are sadly the most trustworthy to me. I once reached out to the U.S military to see if I could join when you were fighting battles we weren't involved in, I respect liberty and standing up for principle. All of it is challenged when you suspect you will face lies and slander, while trying to process many years of insane physical abuse, threats and verbal attacks.

You don't need therapy. You already know the diagnosis. You need to get a divorce or reconcile yourself to the fact that this will be your life until you die. Therapy isn't going to change your circumstances one bit. And I feel your wife also has a story to tell.
You don't have post traumatic stress, you have reoccurring stress. If you choose to stay in that situation, then accept the consequences. I have a feeling you two are co-dependent and change scares you. What your therapist needs to tell you is your situation will only get better if you make the decision to get away from each other. Do you own your home? Sell it and get as far away from each other as you can. Remove yourself from the "trauma"...

Forum List

Back