I've Been Shot

shrugs bug I will remain unvaccinated and you'll remain subjugated as long as leftists in charge need you. After they no longer need you they will disregard you like Hitler did the brown shirts who no longer had any usefulness.
WTF are you on? The vaccine was first promoted by Trump. Who knows what you think it has to do with "leftists?"

:cuckoo:

WTF are you on? The vaccine was first promoted by Trump. Who knows what you think it has to do with "leftists?"

:cuckoo:
sheep saul alinsky tactics are dead to those who know what they are. So stop being ignorant dumbass just continue being a sheep I don't care. And as far as the vaccine being president Trumps I still wouldn't take the shit
Because I'm not a sheep

sheep saul alinsky tactics are dead to those who know what they are. So stop being ignorant dumbass just continue being a sheep I don't care.
LOL

What "Saul Alinsky" tactics? Is Alinsky hiding under your bed, con? Again, it's not the left, it's not Alinsky... it started with Trump.

I'm not a young guy anymore and I have some serious health issues that SHOULD have been addressed a YEAR ago!---- in the hospital with tests and/or maybe surgeries. This whole thing with Covid just drags on and on. I'm afraid that it is placing me in a rather sticky widget where:
  1. I will be forced around doctors, offices and hospital facilities soon whether I want to or not, the LAST place I want to be, and get Covid from them.
  2. I will be discriminated against, denied, shunned or persecuted for NOT getting the vaccine.
Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.

It's a personal decision that no one has proven affects others that every person ought to be FREE to make. But I didn't feel very free.

It's not that Covid isn't real, just that the risks have been politically exaggerated. It's not that the vax doesn't help or work, just that you are being asked to take something that HAS caused many to get very ill, isn't even approved by the FDA and which you have no legal recourse if it hurts you.

I finally went to see my doctor the other day for the first time in over a year because it could not be avoided. I resolved that it was counterproductive to expose myself to places where sick people were going in and out the door 50 times a day and either was exposing myself to a potential Covid infection that under my circumstances might be a serious event for me, or expose myself to growing friction, discrimination, frustration, scorn and obstinance from doctors, medical staff and society in general.

The nurse at my doctors office insisted I get the 15 minute antigen Covid test. She sneered when I told her it was a waste of time that I couldn't possibly have Covid. And the results indeed came back negative. I told her I could have told her that with my eyes closed. She sneered again. They made me wear a stupid cheap mask while there and I wonder if my test had come back positive whether my doctor would have refused me treatment for being sick? :smoke: Everyone's an irrational asshole these days.

So I relented and called my pharmacist buddy up and told him I wanted the shot. So I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday.

I had to fill out papers essentially giving away all my rights. I rationalized that if I haven't gotten sick from Covid yet, I probably never will, and if the Vaccine hasn't hurt most people, it wouldn't likely hurt me, and mostly nothing ever bothers me. I'm generally as tough as dried leather. I don't like any of this but I know when one is fighting against diminished returns.

I was told the shot would leave my arm sore, that if I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it would come on near immediately, and to hang around for 15 minutes before driving. I had the pharmacist come out and give me the shot as I waiting in the parking lot in my car.

I rationalized that if nothing else, it would free my life up a bit and make things easier with one thing left not to worry about.

Nothing at all happened in my 15 minute wait there, but by last night, my arm where I got the shot was indeed sore. Like I had gotten a knuckle punch there. Other than that, I'm fine.

So that's it. I still feel Covid is a huge political football with questions of its origins and how last year was handled that beg to be answered, and I don't like getting the Covid shot at all, but I felt I had to make the best decision for myself and take my chances. I'm probably at low risk to get the virus now (more so in a month to six weeks) and probably at a low risk to get ill from the vaccine.

But I also felt that it would be dishonest and hypocritical not to admit getting it. But I'm in no way advocating for the shot, each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.

I don't glow under UV light and I haven't sprouted a third head. But that doesn't make what has gone on for the past 16 months OK, neither.

More power to you whatever your decision. May you not get Covid or have a bad reaction to the vaxx whether you decide to get the shot or not. If I were ten years younger and in better health not likely to soon be at ground zero with doctors and hospitals, there is no way I would have ever agreed to get the vaccine.
Wait till they hook you up to the 5G.

LOL

What "Saul Alinsky" tactics? Is Alinsky hiding under your bed, con? Again, it's not the left, it's not Alinsky... it started with Trump.
1627836263283.jpeg

I

I agree but the problem doing this is we weren't prepared. To quarantine, you would have to be able to test people when the epidemic was in it's infancy in March of 2020, but we didn't have working test kits. We didn't have enough trained personnel. We didn't have enough equipment or masks. And most important we did have any plans to deal with an epidemic and the chain of responsibility was not well defined.

I disagree.
There is only a short period like a day or 2 when a person may be infectious but not yet symptomatic, so you don't need tests. You just quarantine anyone with the symptoms, and do contract tracing for those before the symptoms. Training, equipment, and masks are not at all needed.
All that was required was the will to stop travelers.
And that was not the fault of Trump, but the courts who overruled him.

But again, full quarantine was only 1 of many possible ways to end it last March.
Another would have been accelerated infection, variolation, to deprive the epidemic of easy local hosts.
Using young and healthy volunteers, the death rate would have been a tenth what it ended up.

They just didn't dream up the vaccines last year fella. They have been working on coronaviruses since the SARS out break 20 years ago. Hell the company Moderna is named after it.

Irrelevant.
They do not know how the immune system works, they do not know why the immune system is killing people with allergic over reactions, they do not know if the vaccines work, they do not know why the vaccines are not making the allergic reactions worse, and they do not know if the vaccines will increase deadly allergic reactions in the future with covid or other coronaviruses.

There are good reasons the FDA has not approved these risky vaccines.

Hardly the worse strategy as it allows our medical field to react and not be overrun with seriously ill people.

Smart people know that, why did you not?

Totally wrong.
Epidemics progress geometrically, so the MAIN battle is always against time.
The longer the epidemic, not only the more deaths, but it become geometrically harder to end it, as it has time to spread further and wider.
No trained person would EVER "flatten the curve".
It is a ridiculously ignorant thing to do, and ensures you overrun health care facilities, as the sick accumulate.

Why did you say something so obviously wrong?

Bullshit, and what city was that again?

Not only were no health facilities ever over run anywhere, but "flattening the curve" is the best way to ensure they will be overrun, because the number of ill needing hospitalization increases geometrically with time.
And "flattening the curve" ensures the epidemic last longer.

The morality rate of COVID-19 is .001%?

As quoted by you by your ass.

Originally covid-19 had a mortality rate of about 0,018%, but by keeping it around over 10 times longer than it should have been around, they increased the mortality rate by a factor of 10, but it still is lower than 0.18%.

More people are killed every year by medical mistakes than by covid-19.

UPDATE: I suppose I will post this though I have no idea if there is any connection at all, but after getting the shot about a week ago, until a couple days ago, I noticed the backs of my hands and maybe the tops of my feet sore. Even light touch of the skin on the backs of my hands was very tender, but it is gone now.

The shortage of ventilators is irrelevant since the Germans, Russians, Israelis, French, etc., have proven you have at least a 10 times better survival rate if you do NOT induce a chemical coma and intubate a ventilator.
What is better to drain the lungs and prevent drowning in their own fluids, is constant shifting from side, to side, to front, and never on their back. In fact, when possible, treadmills help move air and fluid.

Wrong, that is just a generic Covid consent form. It is not the one I was forced to sign in order to get the shot. I've already detailed the release of all responsibility in an earlier post.

I got my Modera shots at Walmart and the consent form warned that the vaccine was not FDA approved, and waived your rights to sue if anything went wrong.

Forum List

Back