Ivan Cantu was executed 2/28/2024

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Ivan was unique. He never admitted he killed his cousin nor his cousins fiancee.
The Judge who sentenced him to death later changed his mind.
3 of the Jury believe he is innocent.
Do yo think Ivan deserved to die today?

Incorrect, the Bible does cover where death is proscribed and prohibited
that’s the old testament. Not the New Testament.

The church of Jesus stands against the death penalty

Ivan was unique. He never admitted he killed his cousin nor his cousins fiancee.
The Judge who sentenced him to death later changed his mind.
3 of the Jury believe he is innocent.
Do yo think Ivan deserved to die today?

I don't know about this case, but a lot of cases they just want to find someone guilty, they don't really care who.

I don't know about this case, but a lot of cases they just want to find someone guilty, they don't really care who.
Cantu told them he knew who killed the two victims. When he was about to be put to death, he told the victims family he had not killed the person he was charged with and that he was wrongly put to death but felt bad for the two victims.

Cantu told them he knew who killed the two victims. When he was about to be put to death, he told the victims family he had not killed the person he was charged with and that he was wrongly put to death but felt bad for the two victims.

I'm sure plenty of people who are guilty will say they're innocent.

It is very unusual for inmates about to be executed to claim they are innocent. Behind bars is a lousy place to be when facing death. I am on the fence over this guy. He might have been a lifetime criminal. He might have been guilty of other murders. I dunno.

I read much more about his case and now know why they found him guilty. But his claim it was a Drug dealer who actually killed the victims does make sense. He was engaged to marry a woman who testified against him. I see why higher courts did not keep him alive this week.

Forum List

Back