It’s Time to Unplug the Hype Over Electric Vehicles

EVs are inevitable. But not yet.
My son is in the market for a car for his wife, she wanted an EV... but decided it is not feasible. There are simply not enough chargers around plus a good home charger cost up to $4000 installed by a reputable electrician who will encourage you to put in a separate power supply from the house. People installing EV stations through the home power supply can be a fire hazard.

A Tesla charger will plug into a standard 240 outlet just like your dryer. Now that charger isn't going to charge your car 80% in 20 minutes like a fast charger but it most certainly will overnight in your garage.

EVs are inevitable. But not yet.
My son is in the market for a car for his wife, she wanted an EV... but decided it is not feasible. There are simply not enough chargers around plus a good home charger cost up to $4000 installed by a reputable electrician who will encourage you to put in a separate power supply from the house. People installing EV stations through the home power supply can be a fire hazard.
The EV infrastructure will get there
I hardly give a second look when I see EV parking spaces now

Homes will be upgraded over time. Much like central air. In ten years, not having EV charging capabilities will make it harder to sell a home.

A Tesla charger will plug into a standard 240 outlet just like your dryer. Now that charger isn't going to charge your car 80% in 20 minutes like a fast charger but it most certainly will overnight in your garage.
I am not sure I would recommend charging inside your garage, while you sleep at the other end of the house. Outside might be a better idea.

They went a 100 miles back then, today what 250 miles? So you saying an extra 150 miles in over a hundred years is a big deal?
A very big deal
Lead acid batteries were just not practical

Most owners will drive all day and recharge overnight. 250 miles is plenty. On a lengthy trip, you will have to find a fast recharge station and recharge while you are having lunch.

Some might go that far..........at 10 mph.
You saying you could drive faster in LA or NY traffic?

download.png

Whether electric cars become a viable and efficient and affordable mode of transportation is unimportant.

What it important is the control the state has over people to force them into various regulations and taxation regarding it as it will be lauded as "doing something" about global warming.
Exactly.

I have no problem with people buying an EV and in fact I think that EVs have their place in the mix.

Just don't use the might of the government to take choices away from people.

Last edited:
Part of it is idiot politicians with their empty claims that ICE vehicles will have to be phased out in X years.

The writing is on the wall
Politicians are just getting ready

Forum List

Back