It’s Time to Unplug the Hype Over Electric Vehicles

EXCUSE ME? How the hell do you think that all of this additional energy is going to get generated and transmitted to your house w/o major revamping of the grid? Do you really think the current grid is designed with twice the headroom as the present load to accommodate millions of cars all sucking in high amperage current?

Because the government is pushing this and everything the government does costs you money. Most people will not be able to afford an EV much less the upgrades to their homes to accommodate them, then there is the matter of all the folks who don't have a garage or a home and park on the street, etc.
Gee every single house already has a hook up to the grid. Power demands are far lower at night than during the day and it doesn't take that much power to charge an EV and all that's needed is a 240 volt line just like eletric ovens, dryers AC units etc

And so what if some people don't have a place to charge a car. I never said everyone has to own an EV all I ever said was that an EV can make sense to a large portion of the population as a daily driver.

Gee every single house already has a hook up to the grid.
Based on projected loads.

Power demands are far lower at night than during the day and it doesn't take that much power to charge an EV and all that's needed is a 240 volt line just like eletric ovens, dryers AC units etc
With millions charging at night, power loads at night will now be the highest load period with resulting higher costs to everyone, even if they don't have an EV. Besides, you can't just assume everyone is going to charge when other loads are low. As for power, it takes as much power as what a gasoline engine produces to move the car just as fast for just as long, and the faster the current can be dumped into the battery, the shorter the charge times. Networks must be designed for worse case scenarios and you are simply ignorant of the fact that it will take many years and trillions invested in new and more step down transformers, more lines, heavier lines, and all of the charging apparatus.

And so what if some people don't have a place to charge a car.
Then they must find one.

I never said everyone has to own an EV all I ever said was that an EV can make sense to a large portion of the population as a daily driver.
So then you expect to need to APPLY for a license to own an EV, with the government approving it IF they determine that the network can support your car. You may not have intended it, but this is what you will be getting.

Based on projected loads.

With millions charging at night, power loads at night will now be the highest load period with resulting higher costs to everyone, even if they don't have an EV. Besides, you can't just assume everyone is going to charge when other loads are low. As for power, it takes as much power as what a gasoline engine produces to move the car just as fast for just as long, and the faster the current can be dumped into the battery, the shorter the charge times. Networks must be designed for worse case scenarios and you are simply ignorant of the fact that it will take many years and trillions invested in new and more step down transformers, more lines, heavier lines, and all of the charging apparatus.

Then they must find one.

So then you expect to need to APPLY for a license to own an EV, with the government approving it IF they determine that the network can support your car. You may not have intended it, but this is what you will be getting.
Tell me how much battery life is lost on a daily commute that is an average of 40 miles.

How much power will it take to bring that battery up to 100% again?

Home Ev charging stations only draw enough power to bring a battery up to 100% then they stop drawing power

A 240 volt EV charger gives the battery about 24 miles in an hour so the average 40 mile a day charge can be replaced in less than 2 hours.

Tell me how much battery life is lost on a daily commute that is an average of 40 miles.

Home Ev charging stations only draw enough power to bring a battery up to 100% then they stop drawing power

A 240 volt EV charger gives the battery about 24 miles in an hour so the average 40 mile a day charge can be replaced in less than 2 hours.

What the EV cheerleaders don't get is the public doesn't want the hassle or stress of owning an EV....they'll stick to the dependability they've had with their ICE vehicle.

Too...these EV cars are the opposite of pug ugly. Americans hate vanilla looks....EV cheerleaders misperceive American car culture going back to the 60's. This isn't Europe. dOy
In fact, most who buy Tesla's want to virtue signal with the goofy looking front end. Nobody wants to buy a house with just a door and no windows.

What the EV cheerleaders don't get is the public doesn't want the hassle or stress of owning an EV....they'll stick to the dependability they've had with their ICE vehicle.

Too...these EV cars are the opposite of pug ugly. Americans hate vanilla looks....EV cheerleaders misperceive American car culture going back to the 60's. This isn't Europe. dOy
In fact, most who buy Tesla's want to virtue signal with the goofy looking front end. Nobody wants to buy a house with just a door and no windows.
Obviously some do. And more people will buy them because as a daily driver they fill a great niche

And ALL cars kind of look the same now.

All 4 door mid size sedans look like Camrys
All small to mid size SUVs look like Cherokees
All PU trucks look the same

A 4 door midsize EV looks no different than any other 4 door sedan

Obviously some do. And more people will buy them because as a daily driver they fill a great niche

And ALL cars kind of look the same now.

All 4 door mid size sedans look like Camrys
All small to mid size SUVs look like Cherokees
All PU trucks look the same

A 4 door midsize EV looks no different than any other 4 door sedan

Some will buy them...most won't. You'll see :bye1:

And let's face it.,.nothing looks more goofy than a Tesla Model 3. Nobody buying that car on its looks. Plus, at 50K, most Americans not even close to being able to afford one. Facts :funnyface:

Some will buy them...most won't. You'll see :bye1:

And let's face it.,.nothing looks more goofy than a Tesla Model 3. Nobody buying that car on its looks. Plus, at 50K, most Americans not even close to being able to afford one. Facts :funnyface:
Camry
1647615840292.png

Tesla 3
1647615862885.png

Like I said all 4 door sedans look the same

You clearly don't know the first thing you are talking about and just like to blow smoke so no point further discussing it with you.

You clearly don't know the first thing you are talking about and just like to blow smoke so no point further discussing it with you.
So you think that an EV charging unit pulls the maximum power the entire time a car is plugged in?

And you say i don;t know what I'm talking about?

That's funny

So you think that an EV charging unit pulls the maximum power the entire time a car is plugged in?

Where do you get this crap? Where did I ever say anything about that? How is it possible for idiots like you to dream up bullshit out of thin air, then think other people actually said anything close to that? And what does that even have to do with anything I originally said? Nothing.

You don't know shit about batteries, charging or electricity. Just face that face and stop while you are ahead.

Where do you get this crap? Where did I ever say anything about that? How is it possible for idiots like you to dream up bullshit out of thin air, then think other people actually said anything close to that? And what does that even have to do with anything I originally said? Nothing.

You don't know shit about batteries, charging or electricity. Just face that face and stop while you are ahead.
So when I tell you that topping off a battery after a 40 mile daily commute will take less than 2 hours you say I don't know what I'm talking about? When EV chrgers derect a full battery they stop charging but I don't know what I'm talking about right?

Somehow that 2 hour charging time is going to overload the entire grid right?

So when I tell you that topping off a battery after a 40 mile daily commute will take less than 2 hours you say I don't know what I'm talking about? When EV chrgers derect a full battery they stop charging but I don't know what I'm talking about right?

Where did I ever say ANY of that, fool?

Forum List

Back