It's time to take the W.

I could agree with thst, so long as it is made very clear that the moment it appears McCarthy is violating the deal or siding with Democrats he won’t be around to be a candidate in the next vote for Speaker.

Yeah. How much could he possibly let the Democrats get away with in only two more years?

I'm sure this whole affair has taught Biden and the congressional Democrats a lesson. They'll be good from now on.

I don’t know I assumed that was it because you’re just rambling nonsense lol

1672977505303.png

Um okay but without offering context or any specifics no one knows what the hell you’re talking about. What was her “joke”? Go ahead. I’ll wait. Take your time.

Your post said joke, my reply to your post said joke.

Sorry that you're slow. No, really.

Apparently there is a new deal with even more concessions.

It's time to take the win...give McCarthy 213 and the rest vote present to reduce the threshold.

We have reached the point of diminishing returns and risk a quagmire with no endgame or exit strategy.

You have won every concession you've asked for and some extra you haven't.

This is as good as it's going to get.

Take the win while the winds at your back. Don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

That's my advice.
"This is as good as it gets"? People were saying they should have caved to McCarthy on the first vote. They refused and now they are getting concessions. The idea that more consessions cant be squeezed out doesnt seem to be based on anything.

McCarthy shouldnt be speaker, but if we have no choice in that, at the very least we can make him completely powerless. I suggest as an additional concession McCarthy is never allowed to speak on the floor, ever. Maybe we will allow him to hire someone to stand in his place and read his written word, but he never utters a single syllable on the floor. Why? Because fuck him, thats why.

Last edited:
I could agree with thst, so long as it is made very clear that the moment it appears McCarthy is violating the deal or siding with Democrats he won’t be around to be a candidate in the next vote for Speaker.
What do you mean "he won't be around to be a candidate"? More subtle threats of physical violence?

Kevin will be the weakest Speaker this nation has ever seen, and that's if he's even elected...
I believe you are making the point the dissenters in the GOP are making.

A good leader would never have allowed the dissention to reach this point. S/he would have diffused these sticking points months ago.

Thread just cleaned up of Off-Topic and responses to off-topic. The topic is not Joe, or ped fantasy, or Obama. Stay on topic or will start banning some responders.

Last edited:
The deal...according to Fox...

This link you just posted, should have been included in your OP if you don't wish folks to get off topic.

I don't believe that the folks in the GOP that are stonewalling have gotten everything that they want.

This issue is about run-away spending on this over hyped Covid issue, and war in Europe garbage that hasn't had any financial oversight. The establishment GOP and DNC are not representing the people, and neither establishment party ever does anything about the border.

1673024322811.png

This link you just posted, should have been included in your OP if you don't wish folks to get off topic.

I don't believe that the folks in the GOP that are stonewalling have gotten everything that they want.

This issue is about run-away spending on this over hyped Covid issue, and war in Europe garbage that hasn't had any financial oversight. The establishment GOP and DNC are not representing the people, and neither establishment party ever does anything about the border.

View attachment 745296
If you could, please add both your link and mine to the OP to increase clarity.

Thanks for the suggestion. :thup:

McCarthy and his 202 Republican supporters would be better off with Jeffries as Speaker than with McCarthy as Speaker.

If McCarthy does get elected, the Freedom caucus will own him.

If Jeffries get elected, McCarthy and his 202 supporters will own Jeffries. McCarthy would be the DeFacto Speaker.

DO THE MATH!!!

McCarthy and his 202 Republican supporters would be better off with Jeffries as Speaker than with McCarthy as Speaker.

If McCarthy does get elected, the Freedom caucus will own him.

If Jeffries get elected, McCarthy and his 202 supporters will own Jeffries. McCarthy would be the DeFacto Speaker.

DO THE MATH!!!
...and prove without a shadow of doubt that they are indeed Republicans In Name Only.

Good plan. That will make them SO much easier to replace with actual Conservatives in 2024.

It's moving that direction anyway...but I'm all for speeding up the process.

...and prove without a shadow of doubt that they are indeed Republicans In Name Only.

Good plan. That will make them SO much easier to replace with actual Conservatives in 2024.

The Democrats are more Republican than the MAGA freedom Caucus nutcases.

The MAGA Freedom caucus QAnon nutcases are a strange mix of clowns, confederates and traitors. They are NOT Republicans in any sense.

It's moving that direction anyway...but I'm all for speeding up the process.

Your brand of "Conservatives" got rejected in 2018, 2020 & 2022, why would you think they'll do any better in the future?

Your entire basis for believing that they have any chance is based on Trump winning in 2016...and that was the biggest fluke in political history. YA GOT NOTHING!

Forum List

Back