It's Time the Tone Policing Stopped White Folks

Whites get angry about things they make up

Not me. When things don't go my way, I just pull out my card and the world is OK again.

privweb.jpg

It's time the tone policing stopped. It's time for all people of color to stop telling each other it's wrong to be angry about how we get treated. Whites get angry about things they make up and demand that we must join them in their outrage or we are not American. 1-6 is proof of how far they will take an imaginary wrong and turn it into outrage. We as blacks, original nations, Asians of all ethnicities, hispanics and all women have 245 years of documented reasons to be angry and no longer shall we allow the creators of our anger to gaslight us into silence.

Representative Bullock spoke a home truth here. We should come together and use our collected outrage to rearrange the American system to meet those words inscribed on parchment in Philadelphia way back in the day. No longer can we be allowed to be shamed about justified anger by people who make up fake reasons to be angry all the time.

America, I am an angry Black woman. I’m OK with that. You should be too.
Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

“I’m angry.” I finally said these words at a Black Lives Matter rally, the words that had been buried deep inside me, and a burden was lifted.

Following the murder of George Floyd, members of the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus successfully led the charge to pass several commonsense police reform bills, but as the legislative term ended, many of our bills remained untouched in Republican-controlled committees. As a state legislator, I wonder if we are doing enough to close the racial and economic divide that puts Black lives at risk. Will we ever move meaningful bills to address gun violence, keep Black mothers alive or reduce lead exposure in schools? It’s frustrating.

I seldom admit to anger. Doing so would mean I am the angry Black woman and can be discredited for that simple fact. But the lack of progress on issues that matter to me as a Black woman and mother of two Black boys has worn down my soul.

It happened in my first few weeks in office. I was sitting next to an elder statesman, an older white man whom I respected and who I believed wanted to be a mentor. Colleagues were debating a budget impasse. He leaned in to talk. “I like you,” he said. “You’re approachable. You’re not loud like those other Black women.” He peered over his glasses in the direction of a colleague who was at the podium, speaking passionately about her constituents.

His comment, well-intended or not, was a warning. It forced me to strategically determine when and how to express myself. Like many Black women in white male spaces, I avoided at all costs the perception of being the angry Black woman. I tried to assimilate, work across the aisle, ignore racial and gender divides. It was exhausting. Eventually, the “compliment” from that elder statesman and all that followed, silenced me.

When I dared to break that silence, I learned that the voices of Black legislators, specifically Black women, were too often dismissed. It was depressing and traumatizing. That comment haunted me as I walked the halls of the Capitol. “You, Black woman, don’t belong here.” For my first five years in office, there have only been nine Black women in the General Assembly at any given time. There are 253 state representatives and senators.

My experience in the Pennsylvania Legislature is a microcosm of what our country is going through. Today, people demanding representation and accountability from our government are demonized. We are told that protesting is bad, and we should return to law and order or just get back to normal. Exactly whose normal is this of which we speak? In other words, you can’t get angry if you’re Black, yet we have every right to be, and to be heard.

Anger is a perfectly acceptable emotion

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's time the tone policing stopped. It's time for all people of color to stop telling each other it's wrong to be angry about how we get treated. Whites get angry about things they make up and demand that we must join them in their outrage or we are not American. 1-6 is proof of how far they will take an imaginary wrong and turn it into outrage. We as blacks, original nations, Asians of all ethnicities, hispanics and all women have 245 years of documented reasons to be angry and no longer shall we allow the creators of our anger to gaslight us into silence.

Representative Bullock spoke a home truth here. We should come together and use our collected outrage to rearrange the American system to meet those words inscribed on parchment in Philadelphia way back in the day. No longer can we be allowed to be shamed about justified anger by people who make up fake reasons to be angry all the time.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

“I’m angry.” I finally said these words at a Black Lives Matter rally, the words that had been buried deep inside me, and a burden was lifted.

Following the murder of George Floyd, members of the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus successfully led the charge to pass several commonsense police reform bills, but as the legislative term ended, many of our bills remained untouched in Republican-controlled committees. As a state legislator, I wonder if we are doing enough to close the racial and economic divide that puts Black lives at risk. Will we ever move meaningful bills to address gun violence, keep Black mothers alive or reduce lead exposure in schools? It’s frustrating.

I seldom admit to anger. Doing so would mean I am the angry Black woman and can be discredited for that simple fact. But the lack of progress on issues that matter to me as a Black woman and mother of two Black boys has worn down my soul.

It happened in my first few weeks in office. I was sitting next to an elder statesman, an older white man whom I respected and who I believed wanted to be a mentor. Colleagues were debating a budget impasse. He leaned in to talk. “I like you,” he said. “You’re approachable. You’re not loud like those other Black women.” He peered over his glasses in the direction of a colleague who was at the podium, speaking passionately about her constituents.

His comment, well-intended or not, was a warning. It forced me to strategically determine when and how to express myself. Like many Black women in white male spaces, I avoided at all costs the perception of being the angry Black woman. I tried to assimilate, work across the aisle, ignore racial and gender divides. It was exhausting. Eventually, the “compliment” from that elder statesman and all that followed, silenced me.

When I dared to break that silence, I learned that the voices of Black legislators, specifically Black women, were too often dismissed. It was depressing and traumatizing. That comment haunted me as I walked the halls of the Capitol. “You, Black woman, don’t belong here.” For my first five years in office, there have only been nine Black women in the General Assembly at any given time. There are 253 state representatives and senators.

My experience in the Pennsylvania Legislature is a microcosm of what our country is going through. Today, people demanding representation and accountability from our government are demonized. We are told that protesting is bad, and we should return to law and order or just get back to normal. Exactly whose normal is this of which we speak? In other words, you can’t get angry if you’re Black, yet we have every right to be, and to be heard.

Hi flan. I see you figured it out. There are some nasty racists in here, but at least you can express how you feel about them without getting badgered by a double standard.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

Why don't Black men simply obey the police? Enough of them have been shot that you'd think they would pay attention. Does everyone think they're going to get Rodney King money or what?

My "lies:" are documented fact.
Your lies are a documented fact. They're documented right here in your post history. It's big of you to admit that, kid.
I put quotation marks around the word lies you fucking idiot.There are no lies being posted by me and if you think there is post the quote and support it with what you claim is truth.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

They're always all angry, that's why they loot and burn their own neighbourhoods?

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

She's angry she's black and UR2. Who wouldn't be? But who cares?

It's going to be very interesting how racial dynamics change when Latinos eventually become the majority. Latin America has plenty of people of African descent, and how race relations are handled are a bit different from here. There is a considerable amount of racial tension between certain Latino and black communities in the US, sometimes as a result of Latinos moving into areas that were historically black. Latinos overall tend to have a lot less racial guilt than non-Latino whites, so certain narratives aren't going to work well with them.

Eventually, non-Latino whites won't be a significant enough part of the population to blame for current ills, and Latinos aren't going to sympathize with the current narratives, because they have heritages that aren't related to Jim Crow. At that point, it's very likely that all individuals will have to accept responsibility for their successes and failures.
That is the way how I feel about the situation. In the future, the Blacks in the US will have even less that they do today.

Moreover, I think that in the future, alongside with demographic shift, there will be 'macro-regions' inside the US based on racial/national composition which will be formed because of changing demography and migration.

I put quotation marks around the word lies you fucking idiot.There are no lies being posted by me and if you think there is post the quote and support it with what you claim is truth.
What do you think putting quotation marks around a word means? That it's untrue? Lol.
Your lack of commas, poor grammar, and use of run-on sentences reveal a poor education, kid.
Instead of getting triggered, try getting your GED.

Last edited:

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

Halleluiah ... She's Angry ... Welcome the club, and damn it took a while for the ignorant twat to figure that out ... :thup:

You don't have to worry about black people loving non-blacks too much. The American National Election Studies did a study on ingroup bias by race in America and found that blacks have the highest ingroup bias of any race in America. Whites had the least. Only the most conservative whites had a higher ingroup bias than the average black person. And white liberals were the only group to have an outgroup bias (bias against their own group).
If the majority of white people have no racial bias then how come they are never in the courtroom when they're given blk men these million years sentences ? Or letting off some white supremacist cop that killed a black man ?

I don't focus on what white people say. I focus on what white people do.

You see If what you say was the case; that whites have the least in group bias and blacks the most in group bias then we would not have the racial problems we have today.

President Biden passed mandatory sentencing laws when he was in the Senate and Vice President Harris earned a reputation throwing young black men in jail with ridiculous sentences over minor drug offense instead of pursuing more thorough and aggressive investigations against Catholic Priests regarding underage sex allegations.

Ask your Masters why black people are treated like crap ... :thup:

Last edited:
Whites get angry about things they make up

Not me. When things don't go my way, I just pull out my card and the world is OK again.

View attachment 465302
Y'oughta gitcha one of these, too

View attachment 465612
Whites have used that card now for almost 250 years. And idiots like you want to ignore document and recorded facts to try gaslighting.
No, you angry little man, I will NOT kiss your ass.

Leftists here have spoiled you.

You don't have to worry about black people loving non-blacks too much. The American National Election Studies did a study on ingroup bias by race in America and found that blacks have the highest ingroup bias of any race in America. Whites had the least. Only the most conservative whites had a higher ingroup bias than the average black person. And white liberals were the only group to have an outgroup bias (bias against their own group).
If the majority of white people have no racial bias then how come they are never in the courtroom when they're given blk men these million years sentences ? Or letting off some white supremacist cop that killed a black man ?

I don't focus on what white people say. I focus on what white people do.

You see If what you say was the case; that whites have the least in group bias and blacks the most in group bias then we would not have the racial problems we have today.

President Biden passed mandatory sentencing laws when he was in the Senate and Vice President Harris earned a reputation throwing young black men in jail with ridiculous sentences over minor drug offense instead of pursuing more thorough and aggressive investigations against Catholic Priests regarding underage sex allegations.

Ask your Masters why black people are treated like crap ... :thup:

Biden didn't pass shit. The congress did. Bernie Sanders voted for it, republicans voted for it, blacks in congress supported it due to the crack reagan put in our community to fund a revolution in South America. So just drop the dumb shit, because we know the deal.

Forum List

Back