It's Time the Tone Policing Stopped White Folks

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
It's time the tone policing stopped. It's time for all people of color to stop telling each other it's wrong to be angry about how we get treated. Whites get angry about things they make up and demand that we must join them in their outrage or we are not American. 1-6 is proof of how far they will take an imaginary wrong and turn it into outrage. We as blacks, original nations, Asians of all ethnicities, hispanics and all women have 245 years of documented reasons to be angry and no longer shall we allow the creators of our anger to gaslight us into silence.

Representative Bullock spoke a home truth here. We should come together and use our collected outrage to rearrange the American system to meet those words inscribed on parchment in Philadelphia way back in the day. No longer can we be allowed to be shamed about justified anger by people who make up fake reasons to be angry all the time.

America, I am an angry Black woman. I’m OK with that. You should be too.
Donna Bullock

1615153559477.png

“I’m angry.” I finally said these words at a Black Lives Matter rally, the words that had been buried deep inside me, and a burden was lifted.

Following the murder of George Floyd, members of the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus successfully led the charge to pass several commonsense police reform bills, but as the legislative term ended, many of our bills remained untouched in Republican-controlled committees. As a state legislator, I wonder if we are doing enough to close the racial and economic divide that puts Black lives at risk. Will we ever move meaningful bills to address gun violence, keep Black mothers alive or reduce lead exposure in schools? It’s frustrating.

I seldom admit to anger. Doing so would mean I am the angry Black woman and can be discredited for that simple fact. But the lack of progress on issues that matter to me as a Black woman and mother of two Black boys has worn down my soul.

It happened in my first few weeks in office. I was sitting next to an elder statesman, an older white man whom I respected and who I believed wanted to be a mentor. Colleagues were debating a budget impasse. He leaned in to talk. “I like you,” he said. “You’re approachable. You’re not loud like those other Black women.” He peered over his glasses in the direction of a colleague who was at the podium, speaking passionately about her constituents.

His comment, well-intended or not, was a warning. It forced me to strategically determine when and how to express myself. Like many Black women in white male spaces, I avoided at all costs the perception of being the angry Black woman. I tried to assimilate, work across the aisle, ignore racial and gender divides. It was exhausting. Eventually, the “compliment” from that elder statesman and all that followed, silenced me.

When I dared to break that silence, I learned that the voices of Black legislators, specifically Black women, were too often dismissed. It was depressing and traumatizing. That comment haunted me as I walked the halls of the Capitol. “You, Black woman, don’t belong here.” For my first five years in office, there have only been nine Black women in the General Assembly at any given time. There are 253 state representatives and senators.

My experience in the Pennsylvania Legislature is a microcosm of what our country is going through. Today, people demanding representation and accountability from our government are demonized. We are told that protesting is bad, and we should return to law and order or just get back to normal. Exactly whose normal is this of which we speak? In other words, you can’t get angry if you’re Black, yet we have every right to be, and to be heard.

And the expected dumb whiteness has begun.

It's time black men were allowed to live their lives and enjoy simple pleasurable pursuits.

He did nothing wrong.

It's time the tone policing stopped. It's time for all people of color to stop telling each other it's wrong to be angry about how we get treated. Whites get angry about things they make up and demand that we must join them in their outrage or we are not American. 1-6 is proof of how far they will take an imaginary wrong and turn it into outrage. We as blacks, original nations, Asians of all ethnicities, hispanics and all women have 245 years of documented reasons to be angry and no longer shall we allow the creators of our anger to gaslight us into silence.

Representative Bullock spoke a home truth here. We should come together and use our collected outrage to rearrange the American system to meet those words inscribed on parchment in Philadelphia way back in the day. No longer can we be allowed to be shamed about justified anger by people who make up fake reasons to be angry all the time.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

“I’m angry.” I finally said these words at a Black Lives Matter rally, the words that had been buried deep inside me, and a burden was lifted.

Following the murder of George Floyd, members of the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus successfully led the charge to pass several commonsense police reform bills, but as the legislative term ended, many of our bills remained untouched in Republican-controlled committees. As a state legislator, I wonder if we are doing enough to close the racial and economic divide that puts Black lives at risk. Will we ever move meaningful bills to address gun violence, keep Black mothers alive or reduce lead exposure in schools? It’s frustrating.

I seldom admit to anger. Doing so would mean I am the angry Black woman and can be discredited for that simple fact. But the lack of progress on issues that matter to me as a Black woman and mother of two Black boys has worn down my soul.

It happened in my first few weeks in office. I was sitting next to an elder statesman, an older white man whom I respected and who I believed wanted to be a mentor. Colleagues were debating a budget impasse. He leaned in to talk. “I like you,” he said. “You’re approachable. You’re not loud like those other Black women.” He peered over his glasses in the direction of a colleague who was at the podium, speaking passionately about her constituents.

His comment, well-intended or not, was a warning. It forced me to strategically determine when and how to express myself. Like many Black women in white male spaces, I avoided at all costs the perception of being the angry Black woman. I tried to assimilate, work across the aisle, ignore racial and gender divides. It was exhausting. Eventually, the “compliment” from that elder statesman and all that followed, silenced me.

When I dared to break that silence, I learned that the voices of Black legislators, specifically Black women, were too often dismissed. It was depressing and traumatizing. That comment haunted me as I walked the halls of the Capitol. “You, Black woman, don’t belong here.” For my first five years in office, there have only been nine Black women in the General Assembly at any given time. There are 253 state representatives and senators.

My experience in the Pennsylvania Legislature is a microcosm of what our country is going through. Today, people demanding representation and accountability from our government are demonized. We are told that protesting is bad, and we should return to law and order or just get back to normal. Exactly whose normal is this of which we speak? In other words, you can’t get angry if you’re Black, yet we have every right to be, and to be heard.

.....yes--that's your go to --ANGRY and violent ...no wonder black culture is self destructive and their communities shitholes like Africa

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

Poor kneegrow....your life must be so hard.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

1. at a BLM rally--RACIST and BLM doesn't make sense
2. Floyd was not murdered = you people think with your emotions and not your brains

It's going to be very interesting how racial dynamics change when Latinos eventually become the majority. Latin America has plenty of people of African descent, and how race relations are handled are a bit different from here. There is a considerable amount of racial tension between certain Latino and black communities in the US, sometimes as a result of Latinos moving into areas that were historically black. Latinos overall tend to have a lot less racial guilt than non-Latino whites, so certain narratives aren't going to work well with them.

Eventually, non-Latino whites won't be a significant enough part of the population to blame for current ills, and Latinos aren't going to sympathize with the current narratives, because they have heritages that aren't related to Jim Crow. At that point, it's very likely that all individuals will have to accept responsibility for their successes and failures.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

oh no anyway.jpeg

You don't get that this angry bullshit has been served up by an old white guy. Soros is your BLM. He's the one beating the drum your dancing to.
White people died to stop slavery. My family hid you. White people marched to give you the civil rights you deserve in this country, and now white people go to work, and come home and get dinner and do laundry, and watch tv, and put their kids to bed. We didn't spend today tying you up or putting you down or making you pick something, or anything else you are so angry about. I feel bad for you. I've had a lovely day, and your day is filled with anger, same as yesterday, same as tomorrow...

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

You just made the same biased mistake of dismissing grievances as "invalid"
if you don't understand the conflicts behind the DC attacks.

Instead of the distracting arguments about "fraud" that aren't necessary to make or prove,
the REAL issue was people and states did NOT agree on the use of UNNOTARIZED mail-in
ballots by the MILLIONS, which are IMPOSSIBLE to verify with accuracy in the timeframe
and deadlines set for elections, especially with such NARROW margins (fewer than
20-50K vote differences in KEY states with close races).

Adding together the issues of
* MILLIONS of people voting by mailin ballots instead of NOTARIZED absentee
ballots due to the Pandemic that obstructed voting in person
* the CLOSE margins in several states divided almost evenly 50/50
* over 150 million people voting nationwide, again with record high totals
of over 75-80 million voting for Democratic/Liberal Candidate Biden and
over 74-75 million for Republican/Conservative Candidate Trump
* the already CONTESTED issues of Electoral College votes going all to
one party per state instead of splitting proportionally, and the EXCLUSION
of third party candidates from the media duopoly favoring the two major parties

And you have PLENTY of reasons to contest the rules, changes and results of the election.

There are REASONS why the outrage escalated when the Courts
REFUSED to hear cases arguing against accepting the election process and consequences.

IM2 I agree that African American, Native and Slave Descendants should not be
demeaned and dismissed for longstanding grievances over economic/political/social
oppression that has yet to be addressed and only made worse by the genocidal system
of targeting, prosecuting and imprisoning minorities, especially Blacks, without
equal legal defense as needed to protect due process and rights from violation.

However, two wrongs don't make this right.

And it is equally shortsighted and biased to dismiss the complaints and
protests in DC that represent OTHER GROUPS and MILLIONS of VOTERS also left out of representation.

This isn't just a "white man's" problem, or "Conservative Republicans."

The issue of defending Representation affects EVERYONE.

The Greens and Libertarians, and Progressives against the Liberal Elitists hijacking the Democratic Party,
have ALL been fighting similar battles.

Not until it affected people on the farther right, did the protests get this much media attention.

Even back when Sanders got bulldozed over by Clinton and had to go to Court to sue the Democratic Party for violating its own policies,
that was the first time I saw the fight for representation against Corporate Democrats got mainstream media coverage.
The rest has been going on behind the scenes,
similar to the fights WITHIN the Democrats to suppress and abuse the Black votes
which finally came out in public with Clinton and Biden and the arguments against
Democrats for pushing the Crime Bill that caused more damage to the very populations they claimed to defend and represent.

These are ongoing battles.

The main difference is once these far right activists got involved,
now the Democrats are abusing THAT angle to project blame externally and avoid responsibility
for redressing the original grievances which was against unnotarized mailin ballots in the millions per state.

Perhaps IM2 you are calculating that siding with Democrats against Republicans will get you to your goal
by faster political expedience and pressure than aligning and uniting Black leadership on both left and right.

If so, how is that any different than people excusing Slavery for economic convenience even though it violated human rights.

Blacks have been thrown under the bus and exploited for votes by Democrats.

So if you do not see a problem with that, but are okay "excusing" it and dismissing it for political expedience,
then how is that any different from "white men abusing individualism" for their own privilege
and ignoring the negative impact and damage done to others for expedience?

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

You just made the same biased mistake of dismissing grievances as "invalid"
if you don't understand the conflicts behind the DC attacks.

Instead of the distracting arguments about "fraud" that aren't necessary to make or prove,
the REAL issue was people and states did NOT agree on the use of UNNOTARIZED mail-in
ballots by the MILLIONS, which are IMPOSSIBLE to verify with accuracy in the timeframe
and deadlines set for elections, especially with such NARROW margins (fewer than
20-50K vote differences in KEY states with close races).

Adding together the issues of
* MILLIONS of people voting by mailin ballots instead of NOTARIZED absentee
ballots due to the Pandemic that obstructed voting in person
* the CLOSE margins in several states divided almost evenly 50/50
* over 150 million people voting nationwide, again with record high totals
of over 75-80 million voting for Democratic/Liberal Candidate Biden and
over 74-75 million for Republican/Conservative Candidate Trump
* the already CONTESTED issues of Electoral College votes going all to
one party per state instead of splitting proportionally, and the EXCLUSION
of third party candidates from the media duopoly favoring the two major parties

And you have PLENTY of reasons to contest the rules, changes and results of the election.

There are REASONS why the outrage escalated when the Courts
REFUSED to hear cases arguing against accepting the election process and consequences.

IM2 I agree that African American, Native and Slave Descendants should not be
demeaned and dismissed for longstanding grievances over economic/political/social
oppression that has yet to be addressed and only made worse by the genocidal system
of targeting, prosecuting and imprisoning minorities, especially Blacks, without
equal legal defense as needed to protect due process and rights from violation.

However, two wrongs don't make this right.

And it is equally shortsighted and biased to dismiss the complaints and
protests in DC that represent OTHER GROUPS and MILLIONS of VOTERS also left out of representation.

This isn't just a "white man's" problem, or "Conservative Republicans."

The issue of defending Representation affects EVERYONE.

The Greens and Libertarians, and Progressives against the Liberal Elitists hijacking the Democratic Party,
have ALL been fighting similar battles.

Not until it affected people on the farther right, did the protests get this much media attention.

Even back when Sanders got bulldozed over by Clinton and had to go to Court to sue the Democratic Party for violating its own policies,
that was the first time I saw the fight for representation against Corporate Democrats got mainstream media coverage.
The rest has been going on behind the scenes,
similar to the fights WITHIN the Democrats to suppress and abuse the Black votes
which finally came out in public with Clinton and Biden and the arguments against
Democrats for pushing the Crime Bill that caused more damage to the very populations they claimed to defend and represent.

These are ongoing battles.

The main difference is once these far right activists got involved,
now the Democrats are abusing THAT angle to project blame externally and avoid responsibility
for redressing the original grievances which was against unnotarized mailin ballots in the millions per state.

Perhaps IM2 you are calculating that siding with Democrats against Republicans will get you to your goal
by faster political expedience and pressure than aligning and uniting Black leadership on both left and right.

If so, how is that any different than people excusing Slavery for economic convenience even though it violated human rights.

Blacks have been thrown under the bus and exploited for votes by Democrats.

So if you do not see a problem with that, but are okay "excusing" it and dismissing it for political expedience,
then how is that any different from "white men abusing individualism" for their own privilege
and ignoring the negative impact and damage done to others for expedience?
I dismissed the DC attacks because they were based on lies.

Look Emily your anti democrat bullshit isn't going to work here. The republican party of right now is antagonistic to black progress. And you assume a lot of shit because of how things have gone for you but in general blacks are working with blacks and political parties have nothing to do with it. Bernie Sander got beat, and he got beat again by Biden. And if trump had won, we would not be hearong all this crap like the shit you posted. So spare me the lecture.

Blacks were republicans for 100 years and kept getting fucked. Nothing but broken promises and republican pandering to racists. And I 'm talking about from reconstruction intil 1964, when they ran a presidential candidate that voted against civil rights.

Blacks supported the crime bill because a republican administration put crack in black communities and that is what did the damage those racists you suck up to put on the crime bill. So go to hell Emily because all you are is a sellout Asian blaming black democrats for not turning the world upside down for your personal project.

You don't get that this angry bullshit has been served up by an old white guy. Soros is your BLM. He's the one beating the drum your dancing to.
White people died to stop slavery. My family hid you. White people marched to give you the civil rights you deserve in this country, and now white people go to work, and come home and get dinner and do laundry, and watch tv, and put their kids to bed. We didn't spend today tying you up or putting you down or making you pick something, or anything else you are so angry about. I feel bad for you. I've had a lovely day, and your day is filled with anger, same as yesterday, same as tomorrow...
No, Soros has nothing to do with this.

Donna Bullock

View attachment 465192

View attachment 465205
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Best reply evah!

The expected white trash responses. Hopefully the more responsible and intelligent whites her will comment.

A person that is angry all the time is hurting himself.
Black people are not angry enough.

I've always said I don't want black people to hate white or non blk ppl. I want black people to stop fkin loving them so much.

Black people have done nothing to white people, nothing to Asian people, nothing to Latino.

But what have black people done to whites ?

I'll wait

I think what whites fear most is that many of you know, on some deep buried level, that if they were in our position, they would feel a murderous rage towards whites.

I think on a level that is so buried it’s in their deep-subconscious, you're aware of the violence, and the THREATENED violence, it takes to keep a system like this going and you are aware of the collective privileges you get from it and you also know, again subconsciously, that Black rage is justified.

Black people are not angry enough.

I've always said I don't want black people to hate white or non blk ppl. I want black people to stop fkin loving them so much.

Black people have done nothing to white people, nothing to Asian people, nothing to Latino.

But what have black people done to whites ?

I'll wait

I think what whites fear most is that many of you know, on some deep buried level, that if they were in our position, they would feel a murderous rage towards whites.

I think on a level that is so buried it’s in their deep-subconscious, you're aware of the violence, and the THREATENED violence, it takes to keep a system like this going and you are aware of the collective privileges you get from it and you also know, again subconsciously, that Black rage is justified.
You don't have to worry about black people loving non-blacks too much. The American National Election Studies did a study on ingroup bias by race in America and found that blacks have the highest ingroup bias of any race in America. Whites had the least. Only the most conservative whites had a higher ingroup bias than the average black person. And white liberals were the only group to have an outgroup bias (bias against their own group).

Granted, I'm not blaming blacks for that. Having an ingroup bias makes sense, not just from a historical perspective but also from an evolutionary one. Ingroup bias has often been a matter of survival for many cultures. The outgroup bias that white liberals have is very unhealthy.

It's time black men were allowed to live their lives and enjoy simple pleasurable pursuits.

He did nothing wrong.

If you knew anything about this story ( unlike you, I happen to live here and my brother is a cop for Metro) you would know that man has a history of mental illness and his race has dick to do with what happened. Then again, the truth isn't really your forte, is it?

You don't have to worry about black people loving non-blacks too much. The American National Election Studies did a study on ingroup bias by race in America and found that blacks have the highest ingroup bias of any race in America. Whites had the least. Only the most conservative whites had a higher ingroup bias than the average black person. And white liberals were the only group to have an outgroup bias (bias against their own group).
If the majority of white people have no racial bias then how come they are never in the courtroom when they're given blk men these million years sentences ? Or letting off some white supremacist cop that killed a black man ?

I don't focus on what white people say. I focus on what white people do.

You see If what you say was the case; that whites have the least in group bias and blacks the most in group bias then we would not have the racial problems we have today.

Forum List

Back