Its only my opinion, but the Transfer Portal is bad for college football

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019
There are rumors that OU coach Lincoln Riley has been offered $96 million to coach LSU

This is bad enough, but his starting qb calab williams may enter the trans portal to join Riley

The TP will only get worse each year

If you like college football this is a serious problem

Yes, but I did still chuckle.

While the transfer policy is bad, I see a college coach being offered 96 million as the bigger problem of the two. His job in the system is no more important than the guy teaching biology.

There are rumors that OU coach Lincoln Riley has been offered $96 million to coach LSU

This is bad enough, but his starting qb calab williams may enter the trans portal to join Riley

The TP will only get worse each year
It is just going to be a free agent market. If the player feels dissed, he'll leave, especially for endorsements

Wat a crooked mess developing

Yes, but I did still chuckle.

While the transfer policy is bad, I see a college coach being offered 96 million as the bigger problem of the two. His job in the system is no more important than the guy teaching biology.
I see the 96 million as the lesser problem when a professor of economics earns much less

College football is big business thats worth billions of dollars to the schools

A football coach makes money for the greedy administrators whereas the womens study person is mostly a liability

But the administrators are fools who dont know or dont care that so much money is hurting their sport

I see the 96 million as the lesser problem when a professor of economics earns much less

College football is big business thats worth billions of dollars to the schools

A football coach makes money for the greedy administrators whereas the womens study person is mostly a liability

But the administrators are fools who dont know or dont care that so much money is hurting their sport

The biology teacher trains doctors. This all started with paying coaches millions of dollars.

The biology teacher trains doctors. This all started with paying coaches millions of dollars.
Sure

But lets be realistic

The return on investment for a winning football coach at a big school is much higher than a biology professor

Star football players in the NFL make more than Nobel Prize winning scientists also

We should understand the motive that drives the greedy college presidents and athletic directors and make rules to limit their ability to ruin a great sport

Sure

But lets be realistic

The return on investment for a winning football coach at a big school is much higher than a biology professor

Star football players in the NFL make more than Nobel Prize winning scientists also

We should understand the motive that drives the greedy college presidents and athletic directors and make rules to limit their ability to ruin a great sport

In the end it doesn't affect me so.......I quit going to professional sporting events and expensive college games. We do go to the games where my daughter goes to college. She is in the band. Ticket prices are $5 (but we get in free) and the coach still makes in the 5 figures.

In the end it doesn't affect me so.......I quit going to professional sporting events and expensive college games. We do go to the games where my daughter goes to college. She is in the band. Ticket prices are $5 (but we get in free) and the coach still makes in the 5 figures.
Its a bit depressing that so many members here only care if it touches them personally

Knute Rockne and Darryl Royal will roll over in their graves

Last edited:
Its a bit depressing that do many members here only care if it touches them personally

Knute Rockne and Darryl Royal will roll over in their graves

I said I disliked the way things were going but it also noted I do not participate in it.

Forum List

Back