It's like the beginning of one of those "post-apocalypse" movies...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...the movie begins with the main characters watching TV news about a virus hitting various places in the world. In the next scene, zombies are crashing through the back door hungry for brains.

For some reason, I'm not even slightly worried about this. Maybe it's because I'm not really all that afraid of death. In reviewing my life, I've done more good than bad. If my time has come, I'm ready.

It's funny how people panic about a virus, but no one ever panics about car crashes.

It is more like a slow steady drip...drip...drip of unknowns, fear, and political loathing.
I'm at peace with myself. If a virus kills me, so be it. It will be either a virus or something else that kills me. If I die, I will no longer have to worry about saving for retirement.

...the movie begins with the main characters watching TV news about a virus hitting various places in the world. In the next scene, zombies are crashing through the back door hungry for brains.

I had this discussion with my son just this afternoon, this is always how it starts.

And now they have a "vaccine" maybe...and that is always the tipping point as it is worse than the illness.

For some reason, I'm not even slightly worried about this. Maybe it's because I'm not really all that afraid of death. In reviewing my life, I've done more good than bad. If my time has come, I'm ready.

It's not really about you.

It is more like a slow steady drip...drip...drip of unknowns, fear, and political loathing.
I'm at peace with myself. If a virus kills me, so be it. It will be either a virus or something else that kills me. If I die, I will no longer have to worry about saving for retirement.
You mean when you die because sure as hell you're gonna.

I posted on here yesterday that all these end-of-days prognostications by the media sound like they're pitching a screenplay for a prequel to 12 Monkeys, where the plot is based on Donald Trump being responsible for the apocalyptic virus that results in the extinction of human kind.

You shouldn't be too worried about this anyway, unless you are Asian.

I posted on here yesterday that all these end-of-days prognostications by the media sound like they're pitching a screenplay for a prequel to 12 Monkeys, where the plot is based on Donald Trump being responsible for the apocalyptic virus that results in the extinction of human kind.
Outside of China, the death rate for those who catch the virus is 0.7%. So, even if everyone in the world catches the virus, the human race will survive.

Right on time! Cue the political loathing....

Forum List

Back