It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

Go take the loan out and buy a place. Your housing costs will remain fixed for thirty years. Of course you will have to pay for all of the upkeep and repairs and you'll have to pay the increased cost of those as dictated by inflation--then you can blame the people responsible--Brandon.
CONT. Then you can add the increased taxes that the democrats put on property as the value increases because, hey, you're a property owner--you can afford it.

I do not believe anybody's rent was increased 300% unless maybe it was over like 50 years. My own rent went up about 10% last year, inflation hits everybody including rental owners. But 300%? That's ridiculous. If your rent was $1000 and now it's $4000? Bullshit.
You can disbelieve all you like but you can also come to Tampa and see it with you're own eyes. Or you can go to the websites of Tampa apartment complexes and see their rents of $2000/month for a 1 bedroom apartment. The you cam look up what these guys were charging 2-3 years ago, and you will KNOW what I'm talking about, instead of speculating it.

This is the apartment I moved out of 2 years ago. I was paying $550/month. The internet ad shows $1200/month, but a former neighbor still living there says the ad is old, and the azaela apartment is now renting for $1390/mo. That is a 153% increase, and this is small compared to many others in Tampa, where almost all 1 bdrm apartments rented for less than $700/month 3 yrs ago. There were no 1 bdrm apts for $1000/mo 3 yrs ago.

Here > Take a look >>

My own rent went up about 10% last year, inflation hits everybody including rental owners.
NOBODY'S rent is going up 10% around here. My rent increase last year (I moved New Years day) went from $600/mo to $850/mo (42% increase), and that is by far, the smallest increase I have heard of, to this day, in Tampa.

This guys been whining about rent for six months. He seems to think that rental owners should just do it out of the kindness of their hearts. He doesn't understand that their costs go up along with everyone else.
HA HA HA. Oh, so the landlords just came upon "costs" necessitating 100%, 200%,
300% rent increases huh ? What happened ? They just passed a law requiring all plumbing fixtures to be solid gold ?
All apartments requiring original Picasso paintings ?
Wy di you keep talking about conventional rental scenarios ?.... when I'm talking about a scenario that has NEVER existed before, or anything close to it.

Move there. Rental owners are not charities. They don't owe you. If you want to live there, pay the rent, apparently there are people who will or they couldn't charge those amounts.
I wouldnt live in New Your City right now, if you paid me $1000/day.

Added: OK. I did a little research and some people are saying or have said in the past that their rent went up 300%. Maybe that's true, but I doubt there are that many cases of such, probably instances where the rental property owner wants to sell the place and build something different on the site. Which actually is their right although there may be some legal and zoning issues.
The 300% I mentioned is around the top of the increases (although there could be some even higher) Increases of $600/month to $1800 are not at all rare. Closer to common than rare. 200% increases quite common.

Link? Increases of that magnitude would not fly if people were either unable or unwilling to pay them. That is called a free market, a product sells (or rents) for whatever the market will bear.
Has nothing to do with people living in the apartments (for many years). They're being evicted or moving out with nowhere to go. I was lucky to find an exceptionally nice (brand new) apartment complex (over 55 ; low income required)
Thousands of people are going homeless. Ask Metropoltan Ministries in Tampa. They'll tell you.

I don't believe HOUSING, being a fundamental human necessity, should be anywhere near the free market, and this current situation is the perfect example of why. As a conservative Republican, I applauded Trump;s many deregulations of 2017, but this is a whole nother ballgame.

The reason why apartments renting at the rate s that they are is because we have a POTUs whose brains are falling out of his head, combined with him pandering to the progressive lunatics of his party. This has him opening up the Mexican border (217K apprehensions of illegal aliens in March ; 67K gotaways), all of whom are being allowed in, and even airlifted to Tampa. Many of these people are from vrious countries, are wealthy, and can afford high rents. The poor ones from Mexico, just cram a dozen people into an apartment, and split the rent. So, increases of these magnitudes are flying.

General inflation has increased by over 8% this year. Fuel prices have increased over100% in the past year and you want to limit rental properties to 5%? That is ridiculous.
8% would be OK. But that's not the increase magnitude we're talking about here. If my rent had been increases 8%, I would have not moved. It was 42%, and that was the smallest hike I have ever heard of in the past 2 years here.

Go take the loan out and buy a place. Your housing costs will remain fixed for thirty years. Of course you will have to pay for all of the upkeep and repairs and you'll have to pay the increased cost of those as dictated by inflation--then you can blame the people responsible--Brandon.
I've been blaming him since the beginning of this thread, and still am.

CONT. Then you can add the increased taxes that the democrats put on property as the value increases because, hey, you're a property owner--you can afford it.
I was looking to buy a house. Got pre-approved for a loan but just came up with a better deal.

That was three years ago and that was extremely low--rents were more than that anywhere in CA. Tampa has just joined the real world .
Tampa is (or was) the real world. California is lunatic land. Just compare Florida's new Stop WOKE Act with all the nutjob things going on every day in California, that loonlibs consider normal.

Here in Florida, we did not consider our rents 2/3 years ago to be low. They were that way for years before Biden (worst president ever) came along.

Has nothing to do with people living in the apartments (for many years). They're being evicted or moving out with nowhere to go. I was lucky to find an exceptionally nice (brand new) apartment complex (over 55 ; low income required)
Thousands of people are going homeless. Ask Metropoltan Ministries in Tampa. They'll tell you.

I don't believe HOUSING, being a fundamental human necessity, should be anywhere near the free market, and this current situation is the perfect example of why. As a conservative Republican, I applauded Trump;s many deregulations of 2017, but this is a whole nother ballgame.

The reason why apartments renting at the rate s that they are is because we have a POTUs whose brains are falling out of his head, combined with him pandering to the progressive lunatics of his party. This has him opening up the Mexican border (217K apprehensions of illegal aliens in March ; 67K gotaways), all of whom are being allowed in, and even airlifted to Tampa. Many of these people are from vrious countries, are wealthy, and can afford high rents. The poor ones from Mexico, just cram a dozen people into an apartment, and split the rent. So, increases of these magnitudes are flying.
While I agree with your description of the Biden admin, housing costs are increasing nationwide due to Clinton's loan policies and the bubble in 2008 and the lack of construction for 15 years. Which has resulted in a housing shortage. You should see the single family housing purchase price in Coeur d'Alene ID--2500 sq ft, 20 yr old const., $640K. The cost of a sheet of poor quality plywood is $40. These builders have to pay the price for materials and the purchaser has to pay that plus labor and reasonable profit markup. The costs have to be passed onto the renter. The old saw, "shit rolls down hill" comes home to roost.

They were that way for years before Biden (worst president ever) came along.
It the democrats/globalists/WEF remain in power, we will all be in the same boat. Real property will cease to be owned by private owners--they will be priced out and then taxed out for the few hangers on. "YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY."

While I agree with your description of the Biden admin, housing costs are increasing nationwide due to Clinton's loan policies and the bubble in 2008 and the lack of construction for 15 years. Which has resulted in a housing shortage. You should see the single family housing purchase price in Coeur d'Alene ID--2500 sq ft, 20 yr old const., $640K. The cost of a sheet of poor quality plywood is $40. These builders have to pay the price for materials and the purchaser has to pay that plus labor and reasonable profit markup. The costs have to be passed onto the renter. The old saw, "shit rolls down hill" comes home to roost.
I've moved on to other threads. Said all I need to say.

Forum List

Back