It's Fall, y'all...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
They are beginning to pick corn and soy beans in my part of the world. Walnut tree leaves have all fallen and others are beginning to show signs of turning colors. Some of the bucks are beginning to chase the does. Getting a little bit chilly at night but no frost just yet. Wife has been talking about putting an extra quilt on the bed at night. She fixed hot chocolate last night and was wearing her heavier robe over her jammies - which have changed from something pretty nice to the yucky flannel things that kill any thought of romance. It's fall, y'all... Damn it. Where did summer go?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but Autum doesn't kick in until September 23. I'm holding on to the last few days of summer with all my might!

Granted, there are signs already. Like when my thermometer read 41 degrees when I left for work yesterday morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Autumn is the time of quiet and the harvest.

of course, if you are the harvest, it can be sad, but new seeds are in the ground, and there is hope in the advancing dark

Strange how Count Draaaacula wants to be a Big Black Dog for Halloween. :eusa_eh:

Fall is natures time to prepare for the next year, to plant the possibilities that will rest, waiting through the comforting sleep of winter to finally explode in exuberant perfusion when spring arrives then sun in the warmth of summer, gaining strength to repeat the cycle once more in the never ending choreograph of life.

Fall is natures time to prepare for the next year, to plant the possibilities that will rest, waiting through the comforting sleep of winter to finally explode in exuberant perfusion when spring arrives then sun in the warmth of summer, gaining strength to repeat the cycle once more in the never ending choreograph of life.

Ok, now that sounds ripped off from somewhere...

If it was I would have posted credit and or a link so no, I didn't rip it off.

If it was I would have posted credit and or a link so no, I didn't rip it off.

Well, kudos then on some well written verse.

They are beginning to pick corn and soy beans in my part of the world. Walnut tree leaves have all fallen and others are beginning to show signs of turning colors. Some of the bucks are beginning to chase the does. Getting a little bit chilly at night but no frost just yet. Wife has been talking about putting an extra quilt on the bed at night. She fixed hot chocolate last night and was wearing her heavier robe over her jammies - which have changed from something pretty nice to the yucky flannel things that kill any thought of romance. It's fall, y'all... Damn it. Where did summer go?

They're only picking corn now?

I've been eating it since early summah!

You eat field corn, i.e., dent corn????????

You eat field corn, i.e., dent corn????????

It's delicious!!!

A season of contrasts and beauty.

Frost in the air
Leaves aflame
Smoke inhabits the wind
like water inhabits ice.
Feet of children
scamper to and from school
kicking the piles of leaves
with squeals of joy.
A season blessed
with the paradox of the seasons