It's All A Matter Of Perception

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I just finished watching one of my favorite movies called Shallow Hal. Now that movie gets a bad reputation because a lot of people see it as making fun of obese people. However, what I see is having a lesson about the fact that what's on the inside of a person should matter more than the outside and doing it in a humorous way. Bruce Almighty is another one of my favorite movies, but that gets a bad reputation because a lot of Christians find it to be making fun of God when I see it as just showing how difficult it is to be God. It seems like people will find every little thing to complain about. :rolleyes:

For reasons that defy logical scrutiny, it is politically unpopular to recognize the fact that obesity itself is repulsive. Surely, there are obese people who are wonderful and were it not for their corpulence they would be popular and beloved by all. That doesn't change the fact.

More power to people who can set aside this physical issue and love tubbies in spite of it.

My problem with Shallow Hal was that the male protagonist (asshole) was just as repulsive to me as the fat lovely woman.

I LOOOOVE BOTH OF THOSE MOVIES!!!!

I thought Jack Black should have won some kind of award for Shallow Hal!!! That is such a freeking AWESOME movie!!!

Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty..........both really good!!!! Morgan Freeman as God.....what PERFECT casting!

A movie series along the same lines as these movies that I love a lot, are the Oh God movies, with George Burns as God!!!

I just finished watching one of my favorite movies called Shallow Hal. Now that movie gets a bad reputation because a lot of people see it as making fun of obese people. However, what I see is having a lesson about the fact that what's on the inside of a person should matter more than the outside and doing it in a humorous way. Bruce Almighty is another one of my favorite movies, but that gets a bad reputation because a lot of Christians find it to be making fun of God when I see it as just showing how difficult it is to be God. It seems like people will find every little thing to complain about. :rolleyes:
There is a song that illustrates how perceptions can and do change.

It's called, "There goes My life". It is sung by Kenny Chesney.

It would be far easier to explain the song by playing it then by My typing it out long form.

It goes like this:

Forum List

Back