It's a record high!

I want marijuana legalized.

But if what you say is true, how did the proposal in california to legalize it fail?

• Banned

But if what you say is true, how did the proposal in california to legalize it fail?

According to the farkheads, corporate money due to lawyer fear, something to do with on-the-job. Can't remember specifics. Also, the people who do want it legalized apparently do not vote in as great of numbers as those who want it to remain illegal.

Another Farker (alizeran) cracks me up.

Hey guys...

guys. Seriously.

Hey.

Guys guys... let's

..wait...

Man.

What?

Let me see if I can find the post I'm referring to.

Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use

More than half of Americans favor legalizing marijuana. Not that we stand a snowball's chance in hell of it actually happening (unless Ron Paul is elected).

I just thought it was cool that we've come so far.

75 percent of the population supported criminalizing alcohol, look where that got us.

I am sure if you word it right 50 percent of a poll would support burglary.

• Banned
Posted by Ow! That was my feelings!

one of the main reasons that legalization failed in Cali is that the initiative went after businesses that have anti-drug policies, creating an arbitration system for employees that were fired for weed smoking, etc. This triggered millions in corporate donations to defeat the prop due to "lawyer-fear" among business owners. It was not simply a "should it be legal or not" question. The ballot organizers got greedy. Haven't kept up on Colorado's 2012 initiative, but hopefully they are being smarter and just asking for simple possession/growth rights.

Cut the foreplay and legalize it already.

But legalize it for real; none of this guise of 'Medical marijuana.'

We dare to dream.

I also find it wildly ironic, with our budget in the shape it's in, that nobody has said "O hey now! I have an idea. I know where to get a MAJOR financial boost, and it's ongoing!!"

We dare to dream.

I also find it wildly ironic, with our budget in the shape it's in, that nobody has said "O hey now! I have an idea. I know where to get a MAJOR financial boost, and it's ongoing!!"

I would like it to be legalized just to watch the Libs go crazy doing a 180 on the topic.

As long as it's illegal, then smoking it is sticking it to the man, man. When it gets to be legalized, then it's just another form of smoking and it has to be both shunned and condemned as a foul and smelley habit of the uninformed.

Watching the holier than thou Libs go from exhorting the use of Grass to fighting against the dangers of a different kind of second hand smoke would be to rich to pass up.

I'll sign the petition. Where is it?

Experience. Californians had experience with legalizing medical marijuana. Seeing how well that worked out, they voted against full legalization.

We dare to dream.

The government doesn't want to tease the cartels with the US becoming just another cartel. I"d like to see it legalized just to see how many heads the cartels could take at a time.

Marijuana and opium poppy production climb to record levels in Mexico...
:eek:
Mexico’s drug war is giving growers a break
October 21,`11 |  Mexico's ongoing drug war continues to claim lives and disrupt order in the country.
The Mexican government is allowing domestic marijuana and opium poppy production to climb to record levels, as soldiers who once cut and burned illegal crops here in the vast Sierra Madre mountains are being redeployed to cities to wage urban warfare against criminal gangs. Since President Felipe Calderon ordered his troops into the streets in late 2006, the acreage dedicated to marijuana farming has nearly doubled in Mexico, according to technical reports by the U.S. government and the United Nations, data provided by the Mexican military, and interviews with law enforcement agents and growers. The acreage devoted to opium poppies has also soared, according to the U.S. State Department, making Mexico the second-leading heroin producer in the world, after Afghanistan, whose crop goes mostly to Europe and Asia.

Five years into the fight against Mexico’s drug cartels, the country’s sagging eradication efforts expose a major weakness in a U.S.-backed strategy whose leading goal for American officials has been a reduction in the amount of drugs on U.S. streets. With Mexican security forces busy fighting mafia gunmen in places such as Monterrey and Acapulco, their capacity — or commitment — to rip up rural marijuana and poppy plants has fallen off, sending a surge of fresh dope over the U.S. border. U.S. officials say they are worried about increased drug production in Mexico but have limited ability to push for a more aggressive eradication campaign, given the Mexican government’s urgent need to do something about violence and insecurity in the cities. And by trying to seize high-value shipments of South American cocaine from the cartels and capture or kill top mafia leaders, both governments hope they can do more damage to the cartels’ networks and finances.

Mexican troops hacked and burned 77,500 acres of marijuana in 2005, the year before Calderon took office. But last year they cleared just 43,000 acres, according to the Mexican army and marines. Marijuana seizures at the United States’ southwest border went from 1 million kilograms in 2006 to 1.5 million kilograms last year. As the acreage of poppies destroyed has dropped, Mexican heroin production has boomed, from 8 metric tons in 2005 to 50 metric tons in 2009, according to the U.S. government. Heroin seizures along the U.S.-Mexico border have tripled during the same period. In Mexico’s prime dope-growing region, known as the Golden Triangle, local farmers say the best cash crops are still the illegal ones. “Look at these mountains. What else are we going to do?” said grizzled, 79-year-old Sabino Juarez, waving his machete toward the steep green folds of the Sierra Madre in northwest Mexico’s Sinaloa state.

Juarez said most of the poor families in his nearby rancho grow marijuana, and the military has left them alone in recent years. Drought was the bigger worry this season. “It was bad for corn, bad for beans and bad for mota,” he said, using the slang in Mexico for marijuana. Come late October, the clandestine fields of sticky marijuana are head high and ready for harvest in Mexico’s rugged mountains, and the pretty red, white and purple poppy buds are fat with opium sap in the remote valleys.

MORE

Last edited:
I just don't get what the government has against it, for real. I mean in reality. If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, why does marijuana remain taboo. There is something they are not telling us.

I just don't get what the government has against it, for real. I mean in reality. If alcohol and cigarettes are legal, why does marijuana remain taboo. There is something they are not telling us.

Yea, cuz alcohol and tabacco have worked out real well for the masses, huh?

We have enough cost due to assholes who can't control their behavior, we really do not need the burden of yet more. One of the main reasons I don't support UHC is because it means I end up paying for other people's cretinous choices. I'm not funding stoners as well.

Forum List

Back