It's a FELONY and They WILL Prosecute

You pussy-lovers should do a few months on a real, working farm (not a holiday farmstop!), and learn a bit about the treatment given to the animals that end up on your plate.
I don't give a fuck about some stupid cow. I care about the animal that is loyal to me and gives me a smile everyday he is alive.

Go pretend to be a hardass somewhere else asshat.

When I was a kid, my cow ran up the long drive to greet me when I got off the school bus.

They really are no different than dogs and other animals. We simply choose to call them stupid and we put up big tall walls around the slaughterhouses so we never have to face what our food choices really mean.

Above, Death whatever said a visit to a slaughterhouse will make you a vegetarian but even more, its getting to know so-called "food animals" that is the real eye opener.
I remember as a kid going to a sausage company in Lee's Summit Mo where my uncle worked. I watched as the pigs were shot in the head and hauled up a chain where they were cleaned and prepared for slaughter.

I love bacon! It's meat candy.

AvgGuyIA
Grampa Murked U

Everyone has a comfort level. I'm no different.

Looking at the other posts - we tell ourselves the lies that make it possible to live without feeling. We pretend that animals don't feel, physically, emotionally and mentally.

We have to tell ourselves those lies because if we didn't, we would have to admit we are monsters.

Last edited:
You pussy-lovers should do a few months on a real, working farm (not a holiday farmstop!), and learn a bit about the treatment given to the animals that end up on your plate.
I don't give a fuck about some stupid cow. I care about the animal that is loyal to me and gives me a smile everyday he is alive.

When I was a kid, my cow ran up the long drive to greet me when I got off the school bus.

They really are no different than dogs and other animals. We simply choose to call them stupid and we put up big tall walls around the slaughterhouses so we never have to face what our food choices really mean.

Above, Death whatever said a visit to a slaughterhouse will make you a vegetarian but even more, its getting to know so-called "food animals" that is the real eye opener.
I've been through two slaughterhouses, including the kill floors. I'll never again eat a dead animal.

I grew up on a farm and we ate the animals we raised but there's absolutely no relationship between a family farm (run by a halfway decent human being) and a factory slaughterhouse.

Animal welfare laws don't cover livestock or experimental animals. You can do pretty mucch anything you want and get away with it.

Oddly, horses are sometimes considered livestock, other times they're pets. Makess rescue really difficult sometimes.
Strange, isn't it that humans are like this.

AvgGuyIA
Grampa Murked U

Looking at the other posts - we tell ourselves the lies that make it possible to live without feeling. We pretend that animals don't feel, physically, emotionally and mentally.

We have to tell ourselves those lies because if we didn't, we would have to admit we are monsters.
. Luddly Neddite A cow doesn't even know it's a cow, let alone somebody's next meal.

Wtf? They won't let their pets into their cars or something? Disgusting.
Part of the problem would be Florida's staunch laws about leaving pets in a vehicle. They get down right ridiculous about it. If we went into town with the camper the dogs all went with us. One of us had to stay with the pickup camper at all times when we used it because of having the dogs with us. Even if when kept the air condition running for them when it was hot one of us stayed with the dogs. If it was cooler we couldn't have the dogs in the pickup even while it was parked. I had a cop get crappy with me down there while mom went into get groceries one day and I was sitting there in the pickup with the dogs and the windows were all down. It was hotter out of the pickup on the ground for the dogs that day than inside the pickup on leather seats. If it had been hot in the pickup I would have had the air running, very stupid cop but then that is their law. Not saying leaving the animals tied up is right but people are very limited in Florida traveling with pets.

I've been through two slaughterhouses, including the kill floors. I'll never again eat a dead animal.

I grew up on a farm and we ate the animals we raised but there's absolutely no relationship between a family farm (run by a halfway decent human being) and a factory slaughterhouse.

Animal welfare laws don't cover livestock or experimental animals. You can do pretty mucch anything you want and get away with it.

Oddly, horses are sometimes considered livestock, other times they're pets. Makess rescue really difficult sometimes.

AvgGuyIA
Grampa Murked U

. Luddly Neddite A cow doesn't even know it's a cow, let alone somebody's next meal.

The first can be argued but the second is true. Meaning, the cow knows what it needs to know in order to function as a cow. This isn't as unimportant as one might think.

But, if you say the animal but be able to compose sonnets in order to believe he/she FEELS, then of course the animal will be found wanting.

Luddly Neddite A cow doesn't even know it's a cow, let alone somebody's next meal.
ALL animals know when they're being threatened. They ALL feel fear, pain, happiness, and love. The only exception are some soulless humans.

If they're going to be killed, it should be done without inducing fear and pain. Humans have a responsibility to not abuse those in our care.

When I was a kid, I had a calf who behaved more like a dog. This photo could have been me. My calf and I would lay under the trees in the orchard. My head on her, reading and both of us munching pears.

e5724bffb0970fcd90a5021d252b6f0c.jpg

When I was a kid, I had a calf who behaved more like a dog. This photo could have been me. My calf and I would lay under the trees in the orchard. My head on her, reading and both of us munching pears.

We had one that thought she was a dog. She'd play chase with the Pekes. One day she got carried away in playing with the dogs and came running in the house, hit the tile and all four legs went every which way. After that she'd stop in the entry hall and wait for them to come back out.

Alaska considers pets to be "as children" our judges can award shared custody of pets in divorces; they decide custody based on the pets "best interests" just as they do with kids.

I don't think cows are stupid...just bored. One summer I was on a crew-job out in the mid-Michigan countryside. I'd take a break from listing the utility poles on my section map if I saw a bunch of cows by the fence near the road. Being alone all day and only having a couple AM music stations on the radio, I'd take the opportunity to address the cows about the news of the day. I'd stand there carrying on about whatever popped into my head and they'd gather around, looking interested and attentive. When I asked if there were any questions, a couple of them would make cow noises. I'm pretty sure they thought I had a snack for them or might unhook the wire to let them escape, which I considered doing but didn't. :cow:

I've lived on a farm. I've worked in slaughter houses & on chicken farms.

Food is food. Pets are family.

/Thread

Agreed. I think chickens are dumb enough to want to avoid contact, but do not believe in chicken fighting (a crime) and know a couple of people who treat them as pets, cattle also. I will stay with dogs and cats.

Hard to believe anyone with an animal would do this. But nothing humans do surprises me anymore

Dozens of dogs abandoned, left unable to escape as Irma bears down

It is no different than abandoning children, what POS they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

There is a special place in Hell for people that forsake their pets during these weather calamities.

These bastards should be shot. Right between the eyes. :evil:

The way some people treat their pets is some of the most disgusting behavior known to mankind.

Wow, everyone is so quick to condemn people for neglecting animals when we kill them by the thousands every day for food and research.

Could it be that in our current 'let-it-all-hang-out' society we have to have demographic groups to feel morally superior to so we can feel like we have some moral standards left at all?

Smokers, people rough or negligent with pets, parents that are harsh with their kids or people who refuse to accomodate sexual deviants are the permitted targets of hate and bile today.

Maybe if they just ate their pets instead of abandoning them everything would be OK?

roflmao

Not strange at all.

People are lazy, thoughtless and poorly organized.

It is the human condition and such people should never own pets to begin with.

But that is the cost of freedom; watching other people make idiots and brutes of themselves.

ALL animals know when they're being threatened. They ALL feel fear, pain, happiness, and love. The only exception are some soulless humans.

If they're going to be killed, it should be done without inducing fear and pain. Humans have a responsibility to not abuse those in our care.
And we are not supposed to kill each other either, but then that doesnt work too well does it?

AvgGuyIA
Grampa Murked U

No, we're not monsters. We are omnivores. When a great cat takes a antelope in the wilds of Africa I guarantee you that the antelope feels far more anguish as it has its life strangled out of it than the pig does that gets a hammer to the head. I have hunted for sustenance all over the world, and i have been to the slaughterhouses. Some are disgusting, some are quite well run. Temple Grandin has been an advocate for humane slaughterhouse design. Slowly but surely the industry is adopting her methods.

You all need to get a clue.

Hard to believe anyone with an animal would do this. But nothing humans do surprises me anymore

Dozens of dogs abandoned, left unable to escape as Irma bears down

It is no different than abandoning children, what POS they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

There is a special place in Hell for people that forsake their pets during these weather calamities.

These bastards should be shot. Right between the eyes. :evil:

The way some people treat their pets is some of the most disgusting behavior known to mankind.

Wow, everyone is so quick to condemn people for neglecting animals when we kill them by the thousands every day for food and research.

Could it be that in our current 'let-it-all-hang-out' society we have to have demographic groups to feel morally superior to so we can feel like we have some moral standards left at all?

Smokers, people rough or negligent with pets, parents that are harsh with their kids or people who refuse to accomodate sexual deviants are the permitted targets of hate and bile today.

Maybe if they just ate their pets instead of abandoning them everything would be OK?

roflmao

Feel better now that you got this silly rant off your chest?

Forum List

Back