It isn't the gun, it is the kid.......teens and pre-teens who know how to use guns and use them for sport and hunting...

1638671884413.jpeg
1638671955803.jpeg
1638672049980.jpeg
1638672131642.jpeg
1638672218355.jpeg

You post this eating chicken, steak, or hamburgers.....and see no irony...............

Better the animals are marched calmly to mass slaughter than having a chance to escape....right?
There is a difference between hunting for “sport” and hunting for food, when I was in the Army, I had a squad leader who bow hunted for bear. Unlike most bow hunters he refused to carry a pistol. Now I consider that sport, he had a ranged weapon, the bear had claws, teeth and better senses. That’s even odds, or even giving the bear an advantage. Shooting a deer or elk from three hundred yards away isn’t sport to me.

There is a difference between hunting for “sport” and hunting for food, when I was in the Army, I had a squad leader who bow hunted for bear. Unlike most bow hunters he refused to carry a pistol. Now I consider that sport, he had a ranged weapon, the bear had claws, teeth and better senses. That’s even odds, or even giving the bear an advantage. Shooting a deer or elk from three hundred yards away isn’t sport to me.

As long as they eat what they kill I dont see a problem with hunting.
Now if you were talking about the buffalo being slaughtered for their fur alone yeah that sucks.
But the indians were no great masters of nature. Those savages used to run whole herds over a cliff by burning the prairies and left the vast majority of the meat rot.

A lot of people are saying youngsters shouldn't use guns......

14 year old pistol competitor...

Tell that to these kids...

16 year old...

Teens and pre-teens...

11 year old skeet shooter....

More kid trap shooters...

"It isn't the gun, it is the kid.......teens and pre-teens who know how to use guns and use them for sport and hunting..."

and killing classmates.

You post this eating chicken, steak, or hamburgers.....and see no irony...............
You made an ASSUMPTION. I'm vegetarian/vegan

God gave Man the green plants as food and medicine

And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

You made an ASSUMPTION. I'm vegetarian/vegan

God gave Man the green plants as food and medicine

And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Funny you forgot the part about giving us the animals to eat too….

Genesis 9:3 ESV / 743 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful​

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Leviticus 11:1-47 ESV / 412 helpful votes​

And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ...

Romans 14:1-23 ESV / 335 helpful votes​

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

"It isn't the gun, it is the kid.......teens and pre-teens who know how to use guns and use them for sport and hunting..."

and killing classmates.

Hmmmm....when I was growing up everyone had and knew how to shoot guns before they were teenagers.
Maybe you can give us your reason why kids nowadays are far less likely to own firearms yet they're far more likely to go on mass shooting sprees?
I'm really interested in hearing your logic for the phenomena.

Hmmmm....when I was growing up everyone had and knew how to shoot guns before they were teenagers.
Maybe you can give us your reason why kids nowadays are far less likely to own firearms yet they're far more likely to go on mass shooting sprees?
I'm really interested in hearing your logic for the phenomena.

Good point.

What is "sport"? To far too many folks these days it consists of sitting around watching somebody else do something. If the "something" involves a ball or a puck the person claims to be into sports .If it involves people pretending to be other people they are into art. The actual activity is watching. As opposed to actually being involved. This is why there are so many fat people. They aren't into sports; they are into watching.

I shoot at a range that has a 1,000 yd target berm.

We have a group of about 20 really good long range shooters. It takes tremendous skill and good equipment to be competitive. We have competitions a couple of times a year.

In the last two competitions a 14 year old girl has won. She is really good. Not only does she have the skill to shoot but she also loads her own cartridges. Her loads are like +/- 3 FPS standard deviations. She knows how to break in a competition barrel, how to adjust a scope and compensate for mirage.

We also have three high school kids (two boys and one girl) that are very good at Three Gun.

Forum List

Back