It is illegal to classify things which shouldn't be

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
28 CFR § 17.22 - Classification of information; limitations.

The law also states that if there is a doubt, it should be classified in the lower category. It's also expressly illegal to classify in order to hide illegal activity, as well as to hide incompetence.

Opinions | I helped classify calls for two presidents. The White House abuse of the system is alarming.

Trump has put many conversations with foreign leaders in a highly protected server meant for top-secret info, and it is unlikely that all or even most of those discussions contained top-secret into. They could involve foreign election interference as well as deals for his Trump properties, which is illegal and cannot be classified.

If people weren't leaking everything that wasn't protected in secured servers--thereby damaging foreign policy by disclosing private conversations with foreign leaders--there wouldn't be any need to do it. He has every right to keep those materials secure from leaks. And that has been consistent with all such transcripts being stored there since the leaks started, not just this one.

The law also states that if there is a doubt, it should be classified in the lower category. It's also expressly illegal to classify in order to hide illegal activity, as well as to hide incompetence.

Opinions | I helped classify calls for two presidents. The White House abuse of the system is alarming.

Trump has put many conversations with foreign leaders in a highly protected server meant for top-secret info, and it is unlikely that all or even most of those discussions contained top-secret into. They could involve foreign election interference as well as deals for his Trump properties, which is illegal and cannot be classified.

The president is above it.

If people weren't leaking everything that wasn't protected in secured servers--thereby damaging foreign policy by disclosing private conversations with foreign leaders--there wouldn't be any need to do it. He has every right to keep those materials secure from leaks. And that has been consistent with all such transcripts being stored there since the leaks started, not just this one.
The leaks are to alert people of a criminal abusing his power.

----------------------- I think so , little know the President can classify or declassify anything on his whim XYZ .

The leaks are to alert people of a criminal abusing his power.

Of bidens ?

We agree.

----------------------- I think so , little know the President can classify or declassify anything on his whim XYZ .
Yes, the POTUS is perfectly capable of breaking the law.

From what I understand the President TRUMP is over and Above any laws on this particular issue of legally doing as he likes with classified info XYZ ,

Yes, the POTUS is perfectly capable of breaking the law.

It's not a law for the president

For some reason people can't comprehend we have three branches of government and one is not over the other.

Oh, yeah. it would have been much better if he had the documents stored on a homebrewed unsecured server stashed in the bathroom of one of his abodes. And just to be safe, he could have someone bleachbit it, with a cloth or something.

Oh, yeah. it would have been much better if he had the documents stored on a homebrewed unsecured server stashed in the bathroom of one of his abodes. And just to be safe, he could have someone bleachbit it, with a cloth or something.
How about if he'd stuck it up his ass? You'd like that, wouldn't you?

How about if he'd stuck it up his ass? You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Don't project your kinks and fetishes upon moi, bub.

He should of just stuck it in his secretary's office, it wouldn't of been found till years later.....

Like whitewater.

Forum List

Back