It Is DONE - Welcome To Being Treated Just Like Every Other Business in the US Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

It's Done.... Twitter is now free to exercise whatever control it wants, run its company any way it wants....without any Government 'Liability Shield' just like so many other companies and businesses across this country have to do every day.....

'On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strip social media companies of their “liability shield” if they engage in censorship or political content.'

Welcome to being treated just like every other business, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

:)

It doesn't matter. Nothing is stopping them from controlling the content on their websites.

I don't have to let you into my business so you can make some political speech and I can tell you to leave or have you removed by the cops and that will not violate your first amendment rights because no private party can violate your first amendment rights as the first amendment applies only to the government.

"Congress shall make no laws...."
When the government protects your business from being sued because of what the people you let into your business say, then my constitutional rights are being denied.
Don't sue the company sue the person that said whatever it is that was libelous or slanderous.

Twitter is not responsible for what people post

You can't have it both ways.
They are if they start saying what is, real or not. That crosses the line from platform to something else. What if Twitter corrects someone and is wrong? Can we sue them now?

You agreed to the terms of service when you signed up for your user account did you not?

I suggest you read them then you might find the answer to your question
If the terms of service say that Twitter is allowed to conduct arbitrary censorship of your content, then they can be sued.

FAct checking is not censorship

It's Done.... Twitter is now free to exercise whatever control it wants, run its company any way it wants....without any Government 'Liability Shield' just like so many other companies and businesses across this country have to do every day.....

'On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strip social media companies of their “liability shield” if they engage in censorship or political content.'

Welcome to being treated just like every other business, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

It doesn't matter. Nothing is stopping them from controlling the content on their websites.

I don't have to let you into my business so you can make some political speech and I can tell you to leave or have you removed by the cops and that will not violate your first amendment rights because no private party can violate your first amendment rights as the first amendment applies only to the government.

When the government protects your business from being sued because of what the people you let into your business say, then my constitutional rights are being denied.
Don't sue the company sue the person that said whatever it is that was libelous or slanderous.

Lawyers will sue the company because they have all the money.

It sucks to be twitter and youTube without 230 protection, doesn't it?
Just because a lawyer will sue a company doesn't mean the suit will stand the rigors of the law.

Like I said you can't have it both ways.

You cannot tell a social media site that it can't censor and then say they are responsible for every word that people post
That isn't what Trump is saying, dumbass. Twitter is censoring. Therefore it's responsible. If it didn't censor, then it would be protected. Leave it to to TDS moron to get it exactly backwards.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

And FAct checking is not censoring
It is when you have the unchecked power to say what the facts are.

Just because a lawyer will sue a company doesn't mean the suit will stand the rigors of the law.

You cannot tell a social media site that it can't censor and then say they are responsible for every word that people post
That isn't what Trump is saying, dumbass. Twitter is censoring. Therefore it's responsible. If it didn't censor, then it would be protected. Leave it to to TDS moron to get it exactly backwards.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Of course it's censoring. It's definitely editorializing. And we never guessed that you didn't vote for Trump.

What law?

No social media provider is capable of violating your freedom of speech rights so they can censor anyone they want to for any reason.

But you don't want them to do that right?

Why doesn't the company that owns the social media site have the right to dispute anything that any user says?

If you people don't like what the social media company does don't use it.
Social media giants have agreed, in exchange for liability immunity, to not censor content creators,
which Facebook is not. Facebook is merely a publisher, like a phone book is.
The Big Tech Boys agreed to a certain set of rules which they now want to ignore. It's pretty simple.
Right because yo can't have it both ways
Yet you are letting social media do exactly that.
I'm not letting anyone do anything.

Twitter commenting on a post is not censorship

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Anyone can know what the facts are that's what makes them facts.

What law?

No social media provider is capable of violating your freedom of speech rights so they can censor anyone they want to for any reason.

Why doesn't the company that owns the social media site have the right to dispute anything that any user says?

Social media giants have agreed, in exchange for liability immunity, to not censor content creators,
The Big Tech Boys agreed to a certain set of rules which they now want to ignore. It's pretty simple.

It is when they are calling you a liar.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

If it's, that easy what the fuck do I need a fact checker for?

Dude your circular logic just totaled itself on dumbass lane.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Of course it's censoring. It's definitely editorializing. And we never guessed that you didn't vote for Trump.

It is not censorship.

Was anything posted redacted or removed?

If twitter wants to they can ban trump from their website.

What law?

Then sue for libel and see what the courts think

And FYI all politicians are liars. If Trump wrote an EO every time someone called him a liar there'd be millions of them

What law?

And FYI all politicians are liars. If Trump wrote an EO every time someone called him a liar there'd be millions of them
You can't. You have allowed them to enjoy platform status which prevents your legal recourse.

Oops. Der it is.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Who said you needed a fact checker?

Twitter did not censor any of Trumps posts they simply posted additional information regarding the subject matter

Why is that illegal?

What law?

You can't. You have allowed them to enjoy platform status which prevents your legal recourse.

Oops. Der it is.

I have done no such thing.

They are not a platform and never have been.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Twitter did not censor any of Trumps posts they simply posted additional information regarding the subject matter

Why is that illegal?
If you don't need a fact checker then why the fuck are you allowing Twitter to do that?

Fucking check please. You just don't understand any of this in a manner that isn't Trump centric.

What law?

Oops. Der it is.

You have because you don't understand how the law sees all this. Just how you do it emotionally.

Have a day.

What law?

Oops. Der it is.

The world disagrees. I now factcheck you.

Hilarious -- because Trump will now suffer the consequences of all his lies. He will no longer be able to post his nonsense, since Facebook and Twitter can now be held liable for his content!!! Well played, Trump, well played!

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Why is that illegal?
If you don't need a fact checker then why the fuck are you allowing Twitter to do that?

Fucking check please. You just don't understand any of this in a manner that isn't Trump centric.

I'm not allowing or not allowing anything.

IDGAF if Twitter fact checks every post.

IMO they have every right to do so.

What's the difference from some other user posting a link to information that contradicts Trumps ravings?

There is none.

There was no censorship whatsoever.

What law?

Oops. Der it is.

The world disagrees. I now factcheck you.

The world is wrong. Just like you are.

Hey FUCKSTICK

I didn't vote for Trump.

Why is that illegal?

I'm not allowing or not allowing anything.

IDGAF if Twitter fact checks every post.

IMO they have every right to do so.

What's the difference from some other user posting a link to information that contradicts Trumps ravings?

There is none.

There was no censorship whatsoever.
You don't even know what Twitter is yet you keep telling me you know what they have the right to do.

You funny, mang.

Forum List

Back