It is better to have dead victims than to fail women who can't pass firefighter test...

My brother is exceedingly fit and exercises two hours a day. He would jog with a weighted vest. If he sees a salt shaker or a grain of sugar he wants to clean the kitchen like jews before passover. He has run marathons and even competed in an iron man contest. He could not pass the fireman's training. He wanted to be a volunteer fireman in his area.

My son trained with rangers a few times a year and he couldn't pass the requirements for a volunteer firemen where he used to live.

It should not be easy.

Link to prove males aren't allowed to retake the test.
Seven times?
"Firefighting candidates can re-take the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) as often as they like."

Candidate Frequently Asked Questions | National Testing Network
Wrong.......

"NTN TestsPhysical Abilities Tests for Law Enforcement and Corrections

The Physical Abilities Test (PAT) includes four components: push-ups, sit-ups, 300 meter run and 1.5 mile run.

If a candidate does not feel that they have achieved a passing score on their PAT (each department sets their own passing points), they have the option of scheduling and paying for a re-test of the PAT. They will return to a testing location that allows re-tests and take the same PAT. Not all departments accept re-test PAT results. Some departments require 6 months between submitting PAT results. Check the department requirements on this site or check with the departments you are applying to."
"Not all departments accept re-test PAT results. Some departments require 6 months between submitting PAT results"
Nice try but that was law enforcement and corrections.

If men can't pass the test, standards should not be lower for women

If you change standards then there should be limits of what jobs women can have. Driving the truck, putting equipment in and out. Public education. Duties in the station. Office/radio calls and communication. If they can't carry the hose, use and ax to break a wall or carry a man down stairs, she has no business in the heat of the fire.

The fire won't lessen it's severity because the one fighting it is a female.

My house catches fire and I end up with a fractured skull and concussion because some dimwitted skirt HAD to be a firefighter and had to drag me down the stairs because she couldn't put me in a fireman's carry like a man could have, I'm suing.

Are you from NYC?

Is New York City the only place experiencing this ludicrous trend?

We have female firefighters here at Ft Campbell. They seem to have no problem pulling their own weight. Some women simply can't hack it....like the woman in the OP.
Some can, and if they can, should be allowed to. Standards should not change to make it easier for them to "hack it".

Referencing a general post, about "exams", not failing a specific part of the FDNY physical performance test....

If your position is so clear and obvious, why do you have to resort to falsehoods to defend it?
What falsehood do you refer to? And how many times did you fail the test?

Using some message board post about some "fire department test" as "proof" that men have taken and failed multiple times (and still remained in the system) the specific test being referenced by the OP. That is the falsehood, you ignorant hack.
Bullshit. Why don't you call up NYFD and ask them how often one may test instead of acting like a moron?

Your so called "proof" is bullshit. You passed it off as "proof" that men take the test over and over, implying the test in the OP, which it is clearly not about.

You are a fucking liar, and a bad one at that.
Where is your proof, Marty? Why all the deflection? LINK to proof that only women are given multiple chances to pass a running test or any other kind of test.

Still a fucking liar, but you can't admit it, so you go on blathering about "proof",

Wanker.

Referencing a general post, about "exams", not failing a specific part of the FDNY physical performance test....

If your position is so clear and obvious, why do you have to resort to falsehoods to defend it?

Using some message board post about some "fire department test" as "proof" that men have taken and failed multiple times (and still remained in the system) the specific test being referenced by the OP. That is the falsehood, you ignorant hack.
And why would it be okay to fail the mental portion of the test repeatedly and not the physical. That is what you are implying. The test in the OP was about RUNNING. :lmao:

And your post has nothing to do with it. IF she has been given 7 chances, and men have not been given 7 chances, do you see that as acceptable?

Fucking Hack.
No, I don't see it as acceptable. I also don't see it as true. That's why I asked for a link, dimwit.

Most applicants can't even get out of the academy without passing the running test. She did, and then was given 5 more tries to pass it.

and running for "link! link!" merely implies a desire not to debate the topic on merits, but to run away like a scared little twat.

And why would it be okay to fail the mental portion of the test repeatedly and not the physical. That is what you are implying. The test in the OP was about RUNNING. :lmao:

And your post has nothing to do with it. IF she has been given 7 chances, and men have not been given 7 chances, do you see that as acceptable?

Fucking Hack.
No, I don't see it as acceptable. I also don't see it as true. That's why I asked for a link, dimwit.

Most applicants can't even get out of the academy without passing the running test. She did, and then was given 5 more tries to pass it.

and running for "link! link!" merely implies a desire not to debate the topic on merits, but to run away like a scared little twat.

He's just being dishonest. It's very well known and accepted that standards in all walks of life have been lowered to accomodations...uh hum...."diversity". It's wrong everywhere. But especially in jobs where saving someone's life is at stake.

If I'm in a burning building and a lesbian transgender Muslim female firefighter is trying to pull me out and cant....at least I'll die knowing I was served by an inclusive and tolerant fire department.

Seven times?
"Firefighting candidates can re-take the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) as often as they like."

Wrong.......

The Physical Abilities Test (PAT) includes four components: push-ups, sit-ups, 300 meter run and 1.5 mile run.

If a candidate does not feel that they have achieved a passing score on their PAT (each department sets their own passing points), they have the option of scheduling and paying for a re-test of the PAT. They will return to a testing location that allows re-tests and take the same PAT. Not all departments accept re-test PAT results. Some departments require 6 months between submitting PAT results. Check the department requirements on this site or check with the departments you are applying to."
"Not all departments accept re-test PAT results. Some departments require 6 months between submitting PAT results"
Nope....it includes firefighters. I clicked on the link YOU provided, and firefighters were at the top of the list.

I guess you forgot to read your own link.

And here we have the left and their inability to understand truth, facts and reality, and their willingness to get people killed in order to satisfy their illness, which I have called "Reality Dyslexia."

New York Fire Department Gives Woman Seventh Chance On Running Test

The Fire Academy allowed Tapia to graduate in 2013 even though she muffed the relatively modest requirement to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes. Prospective firefighters unlucky enough to have a phallus normally flunk out if they fail that test.

After clocking in most recently at just over 12 minutes, Tapia was assigned to light duty at FDNY headquarters and then to a Queens firehouse. She never actually worked a shift and seems to have spent most of her time trying to pass the test. But she failed again and again and again and again and again.

How far are they willing to drop standards in order to impose their screwed up view of reality on the world.....this far.....

Nigro has loosened the standards to allow prospective firefighters to graduate from the academy even if they failed a rigorous “functional skills test,” which required them to run an obstacle course while wearing an oxygen tank and completing job-related tasks. Now, good grades can compensate for failing to demonstrate basic firefighting abilities, like running up six flights of stairs and raising a latter.

Gee, that is reassuring. The woman firefighter who arrives at your burning building might not be able to climb up the stairs to rescue you. But she can have an intelligent conversation with residents who managed to escape outside.

Wow....can't wait to see what they have to do to get women into the infantry in the Army and Marines......

I said in my first reply that I felt it unfair to lay this disgraceful pandering to "diversity" at the feet of lefties and their general acceptance of affirmative action as a partial solution to the generations old denials of opportunity minorities have been hampered with in America. I'm so far left Bernie Sanders would step back to let me get to my spot. Still if one of my daughters was in a situation where she needed rescue I wouldn't want her life depending on a rookie fireman who was only there because the fire department bureaucracy was so desperate for recruit diversity they lowered the physical requirements below rational norms. It's a tough job with rigorous demands while performing in real-life emergency. This youtube demonstration below of beginner's level testing shows a reasonable amount of fitness required by early candidates. And man or woman, if they pass these then good for them and they get to move on. If at any point in the progressive levels of training they meet a brick wall they just can't get through I say, hey they're trying, give them another chance or two, man or woman. After that? Better luck with your NYPD testing.

This woman in the OP who couldn't run 1.5 miles in 12 min? Hell I could do that until I got pretty sick after I turned 60. As far as I'm concerned women are more life-smart than men. And their brains aren't addled by overdoses of testosterone. Unfortunately for a woman who really wants to serve her community being a fireman, testosterone that may be a negative in subtle intellectual situations is more often than not a life-saving advantage in life or death confrontations with nature or another human being.
So can anybody show me an example of a woman who insists physical fitness standards for fire depts., police depts., armed forces combat roles, etc. should be lowered to accommodate females who just can't cut it? I think 95% of women would be in the rationalists camp.

Seven times?

Wrong.......

Nope....it includes firefighters. I clicked on the link YOU provided, and firefighters were at the top of the list.

No, that would be you. You obviously didn't understand what you read.

Seven times?

Wrong.......

No, that would be you. You obviously didn't understand what you read.
Oh I understand it. It's just a matter of clicking on the links. Try clicking on the link for firefighter applicant requirements and it will take you to the exact quote I posted. According your link, firefighters take the same PAT as police and corrections officers.....and the standards and requirements are the same......unless you can find a separate requirement somewhere.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back