It is better to have dead victims than to fail women who can't pass firefighter test...

If men can't pass the test, standards should not be lower for women

If you change standards then there should be limits of what jobs women can have. Driving the truck, putting equipment in and out. Public education. Duties in the station. Office/radio calls and communication. If they can't carry the hose, use and ax to break a wall or carry a man down stairs, she has no business in the heat of the fire.

What an absolutely sexist post! :death:

You should be ashamed of yourself. With an atitude like that, you should definitely join the Hildabeast campaign. :dev3:

4e0d2946bafc44e656cf2886c0b75bb2_L.jpg

She could save me from a burning building any time!

Women are so stupid. They belong in the kitchen. Right cons?
They don't belong in a construction site or a battlefield, and they don't belong anywhere where physical strength is required to save a life.

They belong there as long as they can pass the same test, and meet the same qualifications as the men taking the test.
Which they can't.

Some of them probably can, but to pump up the numbers, the powers that be love to fudge the results to get more "appropriate" results.
I'm sure there are a few exceptions and I have no problem with those 1 out of 100s or whatever the number is, but to put peoples lives in jeopardy for the sake of PC is really messed up.

I don't care about your stupid bullshit. Give me a link that says that males don't get to retry the running test.

A more accurate question would be if a man would get 7 re-tries on a given test part.
I bet he would.

NOW who's assuming things without any backup?

Hypocrite much?
Have a tissue Marty, and may your new year be less stressful than 2015.

Sorry you don't like being called out for your hackery, u mad bro?
No, that's just what you think.

Just a casual search and you'll find discussions about this very topic. Here's one from 2008. It is possible to take the exam repeatedly.

How many times have you failed the exam? | Firehouse.com

Sucks to be you!

Women are so stupid. They belong in the kitchen. Right cons?
They don't belong in a construction site or a battlefield, and they don't belong anywhere where physical strength is required to save a life.

They belong there as long as they can pass the same test, and meet the same qualifications as the men taking the test.
Which they can't.

Some of them probably can, but to pump up the numbers, the powers that be love to fudge the results to get more "appropriate" results.
I'm sure there are a few exceptions and I have no problem with those 1 out of 100s or whatever the number is, but to put peoples lives in jeopardy for the sake of PC is really messed up.

Yes, but a lot of men can't pass the FDNY test either, myself included.

A more accurate question would be if a man would get 7 re-tries on a given test part.
I bet he would.

Hypocrite much?

Just a casual search and you'll find discussions about this very topic. Here's one from 2008. It is possible to take the exam repeatedly.

Sucks to be you!

Referencing a general post, about "exams", not failing a specific part of the FDNY physical performance test....

If your position is so clear and obvious, why do you have to resort to falsehoods to defend it?

Which they can't.

Yes, but a lot of men can't pass the FDNY test either, myself included.
True, and they should not be hired, but the test standards won't be lowered in order to enable them to pass.

I bet he would.

Hypocrite much?

Sucks to be you!

Referencing a general post, about "exams", not failing a specific part of the FDNY physical performance test....

If your position is so clear and obvious, why do you have to resort to falsehoods to defend it?
What falsehood do you refer to? And how many times did you fail the test?

Hypocrite much?

Sucks to be you!

Using some message board post about some "fire department test" as "proof" that men have taken and failed multiple times (and still remained in the system) the specific test being referenced by the OP. That is the falsehood, you ignorant hack.

Sucks to be you!

Using some message board post about some "fire department test" as "proof" that men have taken and failed multiple times (and still remained in the system) the specific test being referenced by the OP. That is the falsehood, you ignorant hack.
Bullshit. Why don't you call up NYFD and ask them how often one may test instead of acting like a moron?

Sucks to be you!

And why would it be okay to fail the mental portion of the test repeatedly and not the physical. That is what you are implying. The test in the OP was about RUNNING. :lmao:

Sucks to be you!

Bullshit. Why don't you call up NYFD and ask them how often one may test instead of acting like a moron?

Your so called "proof" is bullshit. You passed it off as "proof" that men take the test over and over, implying the test in the OP, which it is clearly not about.

You are a fucking liar, and a bad one at that.

Sucks to be you!

And why would it be okay to fail the mental portion of the test repeatedly and not the physical. That is what you are implying. The test in the OP was about RUNNING. :lmao:

And your post has nothing to do with it. IF she has been given 7 chances, and men have not been given 7 chances, do you see that as acceptable?

Fucking Hack.

Put a woman as one member of the paramedics. Give them inspections and fire investigations. Give them some other duty than in the heat of the fire if they don't meet strength and endurance standard of the men.

Women can do many things, but some jobs have high standards for life saving reasons and those should remain very high.

Many women can fight and shoot, but not all can spend 12 hours in the field with 60 lbs of gear in extreme weather and be mentally and physically alert even to the end. Woman might make great pilots but not so great in repair or replacing of a jet engine due to the size and weight. There might be a right job for everyone, but not everyone can do every job.k

Maybe women shouldn't be sumo wrestler but they might make highly agile ninjas. it is a matter of finding the right fit for the person and job, not changing standards just so women can be hired to do man's jobs.

I don't agree with lowering school scores just to say more kids complete school, especially is they complete school with only a 5th grade level education. Tests and skills should keep getting higher not lower. If they can't keep up they will end up their whole life with a mop and broom cleaning up someone else's mess for minimum wage.

We should all be getting smarter and stronger than our ancestors, not less.

Sucks to be you!

Your so called "proof" is bullshit. You passed it off as "proof" that men take the test over and over, implying the test in the OP, which it is clearly not about.

You are a fucking liar, and a bad one at that.
Where is your proof, Marty? Why all the deflection? LINK to proof that only women are given multiple chances to pass a running test or any other kind of test.

Sucks to be you!

And your post has nothing to do with it. IF she has been given 7 chances, and men have not been given 7 chances, do you see that as acceptable?

Fucking Hack.
No, I don't see it as acceptable. I also don't see it as true. That's why I asked for a link, dimwit.

If men can't pass the test, standards should not be lower for women

If you change standards then there should be limits of what jobs women can have. Driving the truck, putting equipment in and out. Public education. Duties in the station. Office/radio calls and communication. If they can't carry the hose, use and ax to break a wall or carry a man down stairs, she has no business in the heat of the fire.

What an absolutely sexist post! :death:

You should be ashamed of yourself. With an atitude like that, you should definitely join the Hildabeast campaign. :dev3:

I have to adapt to limitations and find ways around them. If it was a little person or someone with a disability or a 95 lb man with no muscle mass it would be the same. Find them the right job, don't just pass them because it looks good on paper.

I was a world class athlete but now I'm glad if I don't have pain after shopping. Everyone has to find what they do best at that point in their life, not expect everyone to adapt to them and make life easy. Soldiers that come back with some injury can't be put back in the field, they have to find what is better suited to their ability. If women are not as strong a men, find them a job they are able to do, don't redesign and retrofit every building and redesign all equipment just to make it easier for a woman to be a fire fighter so a fight department can say have have three women in staff of a hundred so it looks good for equal opportunity. Do you want a firefighter in a wheelchair? Do you want someone 80 yrs old trying to carry someone out of a burning building? It's about ability not sex.

There are many jobs a woman can do as well as a man or even better, IMHO a firefighter is not one of them unless she can prove to be a strong and have the same endurance as a man. Sorry but women's and men's bodies are designed different. Women have the brains and men have the brawn.

Link to prove males aren't allowed to retake the test.
Seven times?
"Firefighting candidates can re-take the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) as often as they like."

Candidate Frequently Asked Questions | National Testing Network
Wrong.......

"NTN TestsPhysical Abilities Tests for Law Enforcement and Corrections

The Physical Abilities Test (PAT) includes four components: push-ups, sit-ups, 300 meter run and 1.5 mile run.

If a candidate does not feel that they have achieved a passing score on their PAT (each department sets their own passing points), they have the option of scheduling and paying for a re-test of the PAT. They will return to a testing location that allows re-tests and take the same PAT. Not all departments accept re-test PAT results. Some departments require 6 months between submitting PAT results. Check the department requirements on this site or check with the departments you are applying to."
"Not all departments accept re-test PAT results. Some departments require 6 months between submitting PAT results"

Forum List

Back