It can't be my imagination.. People in last 3 yrs seem VERY angry/impatient/mean

I sense it in the lovely old church in my tiny town -- the peace.

I've gone to a larger church in the same pastorate and it was just more Protestant than anything. The priest is a dramatic actor who high fives the kids for the whole recessional. There is NOTHING there.

The Cathedral in Sioux Falls has intimidated the heck out of me my whole little non-Catholic life!

i believe I have been to the cathedral there... or am I thinking of WY? LOL. I sometimes travel a lot.

But yeh, a vague memory is returning and I think I know what you're saying.

Sigh

I say once again we have to pray to St Peter to SAVE OUR CHURCH

I'm sure he's working on it.. :)

I hear things are destined to come to a pretty ugly head before it's all over..

:(

i believe I have been to the cathedral there... or am I thinking of WY? LOL. I sometimes travel a lot.

But yeh, a vague memory is returning and I think I know what you're saying.

Sigh

I say once again we have to pray to St Peter to SAVE OUR CHURCH

I'm sure he's working on it.. :)

I hear things are destined to come to a pretty ugly head before it's all over..

:(

Here's the Cathedral in Cheyenne, WY

1702927651155.png

And here's the one in Sioux Falls.

1702927761138.png

Pretty big difference.

Only time I've been inside the one in SF is when I was a teenager, a funeral Mass for a friend of mine. Intimidating.

Here's the Cathedral in Cheyenne, WY

View attachment 874999

And here's the one in Sioux Falls.

View attachment 875001

Pretty big difference.

Only time I've been inside the one in SF is when I was a teenager, a funeral Mass for a friend of mine. Intimidating.

I've been to both. It is the inside of a Church that makes an impression on me.

Both were problematic for me, but it's not something you can put down as scientific....

Maybe I didn't make my point very clearly. That happens. Sorry.

Now that we're a bit down the road, I don't actually remember what I was trying to say.

LOL

been there... many times... don't feel like going back several posts to find out... I guess I have a short attn span or ... or...

What were we talking about again?

:)

In blue states it doesn't even take a driver's license.
Not sure of that, except in the misguided areas that allow on local election, which I don't agree with either. But it is their community choice, every bit as misguided as sanctuary cities, where they choose to disregard commitment owed to this country.

Confession time: I have also become all those things!

:( sad but true

You start feeling hatred toward people around you when all you see is hatred around you, nastiness, unwillingness to assist you even when it's the person's job to do so.... I could go on and on

I first noticed the change back in 2003. There seemed to be a sense of unity after 9/11, but then the debate over Iraq War intentions brought back the crap that it was unpatriotic if one didn't support the president. Then we had the Birther issue followed by these last two presidential elections where the losing sides have exhibited extraordinary talent in being cry-babies.

Forum List

Back