Ist of 3 SEALs Not Guilty

The continued attacking only reveals the depth of your silliness, Intense. Keep revealing yourself.

The continued attacking only reveals the depth of your silliness, Intense. Keep revealing yourself.

LOL Jake. You got me. Why not list all the things you have found me guilty of Councillor, without defense or trial. Who is the adult here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

When was the last time you had an original thought?

For some, it's about substance.

For some, it's about appearance.

I think we know where you fit in.

LOL

The second SEAL has also been found NG.

Any bets out there on the status of the 3rd SEAL??????

LOL Jake. You got me. Why not list all the things you have found me guilty of Councillor, without defense or trial. Who is the adult here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You remind of a statement by Henry Clay. You, my friend, will never have the appearance or the substance, but do keep trying.

You remind of a statement by Henry Clay. You, my friend, will never have the appearance or the substance, but do keep trying.

What a ray of sunshine and encouragement you are today Jake. You are so Precious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't need me to imagine and concoct what you will. Just go for it! You can do it Jake! How long have you been interested in fiction and fantasy? Does it just come naturally? Does the line of distinction between reality and fiction blur all of the time or just some of the time Jake? I know We've too easily become a medicated nation, but you might want to cut back a tiny tiny bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you do parties?

Thanks, Intense, I can keep in front of you anytime, anywhere, on any argument. You will always be far in the rear, simply because you don't understand the American narrative. But thanks for the compliment!

Thanks, Intense, I can keep in front of you anytime, anywhere, on any argument. You will always be far in the rear, simply because you don't understand the American narrative. But thanks for the compliment!

You do come off as pretty anal. What ever floats your boat Cowgirl. Still fighting your way out of that paper bag. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't let me interrupt. Carry on. ;)

You don't interrupt anything, Intense. You are good for grins and chuckles, a ray of sunshine. See, you can have a positive purpose here.

Just remember the two great commandments, Jake. Eye's open, chin up, Conscience is the filter, Substance over appearance. ;)

Virginia military jury found a Navy SEAL not guilty on charges of punching a suspected Iraqi terrorist.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class, was facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

The suspected terrorist McCabe was accused of punching is Ahmed Hashim Abed, who is the suspected masterminded the grisly killings of four American contractors in Iraq six years ago.

"I'm really happy right now," McCabe told Fox News. "It's an amazing feeling. I'm on cloud nine right now."

McCabe called the trial "troubling at time," adding "having your career on the line is not an easy thing to handle.

But, the 24-year-old from Perrysburg, Ohio, thanked the public for their continued support.

"It's been great everything they've done," he told Fox News. "But, don't worry about it anymore. We are putting this all behind us.. It's done and over with. I'm going to try not to think about this ever again."

This follows four days of pre-trial motions, jury selection and testimony before a Judge Advocate General, Captain Moira Modelewski, at the Naval Station Norfolk.

Another one of the Navy SEALs charged, but acquitted in connection with the Abed case, Petty Officer First Class Julio Huertas, took the stand for the defense Thursday morning.

He said that he and the other two Navy SEALs, McCabe and Jonathan Keefe, did visit the detention facility where Abed was being held on the night of the alleged incident.

But, he insists, there was no assault. Huertas and Keefe were found not guilty last month in separate trials in Baghdad.

The defense called an oral surgeon Thursday who testified by phone from Baghdad. He said Abed might have bitten an ulcer on his lip, causing it to bleed. Defense attorneys hope this validates their position that no assault occurred and that Al Qaeda detainees are trained to injure themselves then claim abuse.

Earlier, after the prosecution and defense both rested their cases, prosecutors Thursday announced they needed time to present a rebuttal. They were basically trying to rehabilitate their key witness, Petty Officer 3rd Class Kevin Demartino, who claims he saw McCabe punch the prisoner in the stomach. Demartino’s character and credibility had been questioned by a string of defense witnesses Wednesday, many of them Navy SEALs. A rebuttal witness Thursday morning, Demartino’s former superior officer, called Demartino “one of my top sailors—I can depend on him for anything.”

Defense witnesses on Wednesday had painted a picture of Demartino as unstable, unreliable and, after the incident with Abed, “distraught.” According to testimony, Demartino was worried his career would be ruined because a prisoner claimed abuse on his watch, and that he would no longer have a chance for his dream job with the California Highway Patrol. This, the defense claims, gives Demartino a motive to lie.

Demartino did not immediately report the alleged assault to his superiors and admits to dereliction of duty. The defense suggested that since Demartino initially said nothing, then later described seeing McCabe punch Abed, he’s an unreliable witness.

The defense also continued throughout the trial to cast doubt on the English translation of Abed’s audio-taped testimony, claiming it’s unreliable, which creates an element of doubt. As in civilian courts, a defendant—in this case McCabe--must be found not guilty if there’s a reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors.

Thursday afternoon, prosecutors suffered an apparent setback when a witness they called supported the defense position on disputed statements submitted in writing by two Navy SEALs in Iraq shortly after the alleged assault. The prosecution claimed the two SEALs, Jonathan Keefe and Matthew McCabe, colluded to get their stories straight, because their statements appeared to be identical. But the witness whose testimony backfired for the prosecution acknowledged the statements of two SEALs on the same mission often coincide.

Abed was captured in a surprise raid by the Navy SEALs in Fallujah, Iraq, in September of last year. The murders he’s accused of masterminding were a turning point in the Iraq war, galvanizing the U.S. military to launch a major offensive against the insurgents in Fallujah. The bodies of the four Americans were burning and dragged through the streets, and two of them were hanged from a bridge over the Euphrates River.

FOXNews.com - Navy SEAL Found Not Guilty of Assaulting a Suspected Terroristyeah,

A terrible day for liberals.

The UCMJ is a democratic liberal document, cmike. You are being :cuckoo: Do you ever think before you post.

Wait a minute. The Uniform Code of Military Justice is a Liberal Document? What the ?

Sure. It includes the protections for the accused that have been expressed in our liberal democratic documents since 1787. The UCMJ is not a conservative code at all.

Last edited:
The UCMJ is a democratic liberal document, cmike. You are being :cuckoo: Do you ever think before you post.

Wait a minute. The Uniform Code of Military Justice is a Liberal Document? What the ?

Sure. It includes the protections for the accused that has been expressed in our liberal democratic documents since 1787. The UCMJ is not a conservative code at all.

The UCMJ is neither Liberal nor Conservative. I suppose some may translate certain parts either way. But it would be the court or the Commander if under Article 15 or Captains mast that might be considered liberal or conservative not the Law itself.

Sure. It includes the protections for the accused that has been expressed in our liberal democratic documents since 1787. The UCMJ is not a conservative code at all.

The UCMJ is neither Liberal nor Conservative. I suppose some may translate certain parts either way. But it would be the court or the Commander if under Article 15 or Captains mast that might be considered liberal or conservative not the Law itself.

The provisions certainly are elements of liberal democracy, as are those of the Constitution and the Declaration. The commanders, as well as Supreme Courts, range from conservative to liberal.

Forum List

Back