Israel reaches deal with Hamas

Take it up with the mods. Their rules.

If It was up to me. There would just be a post with a summary, and a link.

So, since they insist on editorializing from the poster, you get my take on it.

If this upsets your feminine sensibilities, then disregard the editorial, and respond to the actual article.
You were doing OK till you went off the rails and your anti-Semitism started showing.....Thus: Retarded.

"Some" hostages"? How about the other 200 or more that are probably dead by now?

And why is Israel having to release a couple hundred Hamas-sympathizing Palestinians from prison in exchange?

Fuck that deal.

Here we go again, same as it ever was. :cool-45:

Human beings used as leverage. The currency used by these terror gangs. That and banditry.

The Israelis always having to give more. Years ago, they got one dead soldier in return for hundreds of Pal prisoners.

Some hostages released and a five day cease fire. More relief will be provided for Gaza during this period. It's a beginning. I am sure the WH was pushing for this.
"I am sure the WH was pushing for this.

Oh, were they? Well, hope it doesn't cause another banana split... 👼

Then what does the war resume while in the mean time Hamas has a little time to regroup and rearm or do both sides call it a day with Hamas having years to regroup and rearm and in a few years this whole thing starts up again. If some hostages are freed that is a good thing but it's far from ending this.

As long as the hate exists there is never any end to it.

As part of the deal, Israel and Hamas agreed to pause fighting in Gaza for four or more days, while Israel will also allow additional deliveries of aid, including fuel, into Gaza via a border crossing with Egypt, people familiar with the deal said. This deal would see Israeli women and children released in exchange for 150 Palestinian women and minors held in Israeli prisons, the people said.

It's taking so long because Hamas will not talk to Israel. Any deals for hostages will have to be brokered through third parties.

Netanyahu has a 75% disapproval rating with Israelis, and they blame him for not protecting their families when the attack came. He has more support with Republicans than he does Israelis. The families of the hostages don't care about, or give him any points at all for his quest for vengeance.

And as far as most Israelis are concerned, Evangelical Christians can take their second coming of Jesus, and stick it up their asses.
I guess Israel will never learn never give tghe enemy a chance to reload those vermin Hamas are licking their chops waiting on Iran to send more weapons.

I guess Israel will never learn never give tghe enemy a chance to reload those vermin Hamas are licking their chops waiting on Iran to send more weapons.

Exactly.

Hamas wants a Hudna. An opportunity to re-arm. It's a tactic used by the inventor of islamism. Those who know their koranology and Muhammud's concept of Hudna know that a tactic of Islamic gee-had Involves a temporary halt to hostilities in order to rearm before resuming the gee-had.

"For a hudna is not a "truce" in the Western sense of that word. As Dr. Denis MacEoin, writing in the Middle East Quarterly has observed, thereare more thanseven other Arabic words for truce or cease-fire in Arabic. A better understanding of the full cultural baggage attached to hudna is necessary in order to grasp what Marzouk has really said:

A hudna is always temporary, and not for a duration of more than ten years. As a concept, it does not carry within it the potential to develop into a full peace. Rather, it is arrived at during times of Muslim weakness, when it is perceived as desirable to seek a respite from open hostilities.

You were doing OK till you went off the rails and your anti-Semitism started showing.....Thus: Retarded.

Right. Pointing out the families of the hostages want their family members back over revenge, and most Israelis hate Netanyahus guts, is anti semitism.

So all of those Israelis are anti semites?

That the story you're sticking with?

Right. Pointing out the families of the hostages want their family members back over revenge, and most Israelis hate Netanyahus guts, is anti semitism.

So all of those Israelis are anti semites?

That the story you're sticking with?

The problem is that Israel always giving 5 to 10 times the numbers back just encourages more hostage taking.

At least this time they limited it to civilian women and children, and only 3 to 1.

The problem is that Israel always giving 5 to 10 times the numbers back just encourages more hostage taking.

At least this time they limited it to civilian women and children, and only 3 to 1.
Remember when they did the 1070 to 1 swap for one IDF solider? 280 were serving life sentences.

They interviewed the IDF guy they swapped for and he seemed perfectly OK with it....He seemed very "leftist" too but I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time with figuring out the Jewish infighting.

I guess I'm just cut from a different cloth but I don't know how he lives with himself with the knowledge that some of the released planned the 10/7 raid and others released on his behalf were killed that day and since the raid.

Remember when they did the 1070 to 1 swap for one IDF solider? 280 were serving life sentences.

They interviewed the IDF guy they swapped for and he seemed perfectly OK with it....He seemed very "leftist" too but I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time with figuring out the Jewish infighting.

I guess I'm just cut from a different cloth but I don't know how he lives with himself with the knowledge that some of the released planned the 10/7 raid and others released on his behalf were killed that day and since the raid.

I can understand it from a short term, humanitarian perspective, but the problem is it leads to weakness in the long term.

As part of the deal, Israel and Hamas agreed to pause fighting in Gaza for four or more days, while Israel will also allow additional deliveries of aid, including fuel, into Gaza via a border crossing with Egypt, people familiar with the deal said. This deal would see Israeli women and children released in exchange for 150 Palestinian women and minors held in Israeli prisons, the people said.

It's taking so long because Hamas will not talk to Israel. Any deals for hostages will have to be brokered through third parties.

Netanyahu has a 75% disapproval rating with Israelis, and they blame him for not protecting their families when the attack came. He has more support with Republicans than he does Israelis. The families of the hostages don't care about, or give him any points at all for his quest for vengeance.

And as far as most Israelis are concerned, Evangelical Christians can take their second coming of Jesus, and stick it up their asses.
While there are US hostages there I find it interesting that Biden & Co were heavily involved in negotiating the release of Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners.

While there are US hostages there I find it interesting that Biden & Co were heavily involved in negotiating the release of Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners.

Biden needs this whole thing to go away, it's fracturing his political coalition, and the Hamas supporters in the Dem party are scaring the independents.

Getting most of the women and children back lets Israel be more aggressive, as the remainders are probably soldiers or at least reservists.

Biden needs this whole thing to go away, it's fracturing his political coalition, and the Hamas supporters in the Dem party are scaring the independents.

Getting most of the women and children back lets Israel be more aggressive, as the remainders are probably soldiers or at least reservists.
All of the abuse of power Democrats have done in order to get Trump are coming back to bite them in the ass in the form of Karma. Karma is the absolute perfect definition for what has been happening to Biden and the Democrats.

Forum List

Back