Israel / Palestine Peace Plan

Because you are incapable of discerning who is and is not a mental midget based on your own limitations.

I did not make the definition. Here is another:

Oxford English Dictionary
Ethnic
a[djective]

2.a. Pertaining to race; peculiar to a race or nation; ethnological. Also, pertaining to or having common racial, cultural, religious, or linguistic characteristics, esp. designating a racial or other group within a larger system; hence (U.S. colloq.), foreign, exotic.
b ethnic minority (group), a group of people differentiated from the rest of the community by racial origins or cultural background, and usu. claiming or enjoying official recognition of their group identity. Also attrib.
n[oun]

3 A member of an ethnic group or minority. orig. U.S.
—Oxford English Dictionary "ethnic, a. and n."[23]

Unlike Lutherans, Jews also defined themselves through matrilineal heritage. Unlike your condo association members - Jews do share a distinctive culture, religion and even language.

You can't have it both ways - you can't define yourself as an ethnic group for the purposes of minority protections against discrimmination on the one hand yet claim not be an ethnic group for the purposes of denying those same protections to another group by trying to claim they are all the same.

It amazes me the lengths you will go to defend a system that is inherently wrong.

Wow what an ignoramus you are. But we knew that already.
It doesn't matter whether you wrote the definition or not. You are the one quoting it to bolster your case. You are responsible for it. And it fails.
Israelis do not define themselves through matrilineal descent. The Law of Return allows anyone with a Jewish grandparent to become a citizen. That isn't Judaism. And I already pointed out that Ethiopian Israelis, Yemenite Israelis, American Israelis and FSU Israelis hardly share the same language, customs, foods or any other marker of an ethnic group.
The system (whatever that means) is not inherently wrong. It is only wrong to morons like you who want to see every conflict as a replay of some other conflict they may or may not understand.

You are hilarious. And stupid. But I'll forgive you that and assume it's only willful arrogance from a pretend Rabbi.

We were not talking about Israeli's as an "ethnic group". We were talking about Jews as an "ethnic group". Nothing you said changes anything thus far nor does it change the status Jews as an ethnic group and the non-Jewish Arab-Israeli as a seperate ethnic group.

Even if we go with your claim - notice that Israeli's still require some form of blood relation.

Keep moving those goalposts. Eventually you'll get it right.
Your claim is that Israel is an ethno-tyrrany or whatever you call it. I merely point out that "Israeli" refers to a nationality. There is nothing ethnic about it.
So "Israelis" have more rights in Israel than non-Israelis. Big furry deal. Every nation accords more rights to its own citizens than to non citizens.
You can spin it, slice it, dice it any way you want. But the more you do that,the more ignorant and foolish you look.

Keep moving those goalposts. Eventually you'll get it right.
Your claim is that Israel is an ethno-tyrrany or whatever you call it. I merely point out that "Israeli" refers to a nationality. There is nothing ethnic about it.
So "Israelis" have more rights in Israel than non-Israelis. Big furry deal. Every nation accords more rights to its own citizens than to non citizens.
You can spin it, slice it, dice it any way you want. But the more you do that,the more ignorant and foolish you look.

No. The problem we have here is a complete failure on your part to even find the goal posts.

Keep throwing out the red herrings.

The discussion was ethnic groups and defining them. You do realize that one nationality can have different ethnic groups right? And while they can all be "citizens" they might not all be treated differently? Now you tried the failed arguments of "what ethnic group are Jews" and "what ethnic group are Arabs" and "what is an ethnic group" and jumping to the topic of Israeli's as a whole. You're flailing.

There is no such thing as an Israeli citizen. There are Arab Israeli Citizens and Jewish Israeli Citizens. That is how they are classified.

They do not have the same rights in regards to land ownership, immigration, family reunification, right of return or military service.

You continiously ignore that to repeat the same old mantra.

And, like I said to Jose. Words are important. I have never used the term "tyranny".

Keep spinning it. Keep pretending you know what you're talking about. The more you post, the more idiotic you sound.

There is no such thing as an Israeli citizen. There are Arab Israeli Citizens and Jewish Israeli Citizens. That is how they are classified.

Wrong, dummy.

There are Israeli citizens. I live in Israel. You are an ignorant moron.

They do not have the same rights in regards to land ownership, immigration, family reunification, right of return or military service.

Wrong, again, dummy. Non-Jews have the same rights of land ownership, immigration and military service.

In fact, Bedouins have privileges not accorded to Jews in property ownership and leasing. Arabs haveleadership positions in the military, as well as in government, the judiciary and in academia.

You are utterly clueless.

That is the similarity I see with Apartheid.

for something to be 'apartheid', there has to be a separation of ones CITIZENS. Arab Israelis have all of the rights of citizenship except they have the right to opt out of military service, which Jews aren't allowed to do.

Apartheid in South Africa did not seperate citizens. Blacks were regarded as citizens of "homelands" - semi autonomous areas within South Africa (naturally - the poorest and most inhospitable areas).

From Wikipedia:
New legislation classified inhabitants into racial groups ("black", "white", "coloured", and "Indian"), and residential areas were segregated by means of forced removals. From 1958, Blacks were deprived of their citizenship, legally becoming citizens of one of ten tribally based self-governing homelands called bantustans, four of which became nominally independent states. The government segregated education, medical care, and other public services, and provided black people with services inferior to those of whites.

That has some similarity to the Palestinians in occupied territories and Arabs within Israel. When it comes to Arab Israeli citizens there is a de-facto segregation. Israeli communities have a say in who can and can't live there, Arabs have arab schools, usually with considerably less funding -(though it's not just with Arab Israeli's where this occurs, but certain Jewish Israeli groups as well) and the Jewish Israeli's have their schools which are better funded. While Israeli Jewish communities and enclaves can readily get permits to expand, Arab villages can not. How many new Arab villages have been built since statehood? How many Jewish villages?

you should also know, that's one of those phrases/words that have meanings that tell us, when reading them, that the person who makes that analogy has issues with Israel that have nothing to do with fairness...

I'm not calling it apartheid, but I do see similarities and that is how I said it - and those similarities shouldn't be ignored.

pals aren't israelis. they have no rights of citizenship because they aren't citizens... any more that controlling our borders makes us 'apartheid'.

South African blacks weren't citizens either.

The ambigous status of the Palestinians is a mess for Israel's desire for the moral highground here because they are there - they have no self-determiniation, no rights, no citizenship. That's a reality.

Apartheid in South Africa did not seperate citizens. Blacks were regarded as citizens of "homelands" - semi autonomous areas within South Africa (naturally - the poorest and most inhospitable areas).

Wrong. Blacks were separated from Whites under apartheid, including bathrooms and even the use of water fountains.

That has some similarity to the Palestinians in occupied territories and Arabs within Israel.

Wrong. Palestinians are not occupied. There is no sovereign Palestinian state and, indeed, Israel has legitimate legal and historical claims to the territory.

Under international treaties, Israelis may reside throughout the territories.

Furthermore, Israeli Arabs are accorded full freedoms, human rights and civil liberties.

You clearly have absolutely no insight into Israel, so, why are you even bothering to post?

When it comes to Arab Israeli citizens there is a de-facto segregation. Israeli communities have a say in who can and can't live there, Arabs have arab schools, usually with considerably less funding -(though it's not just with Arab Israeli's where this occurs, but certain Jewish Israeli groups as well) and the Jewish Israeli's have their schools which are better funded. While Israeli Jewish communities and enclaves can readily get permits to expand, Arab villages can not. How many new Arab villages have been built since statehood? How many Jewish villages?

Further evidence you are clueless about Israeli society. Arabs self-segregate into Arab communities, not unlike any other group throughout the world. In New York, there is Chinatown and Little Italy, where Asians and Italians choose to live.

I'm not calling it apartheid, but I do see similarities and that is how I said it - and those similarities shouldn't be ignored.

There are no similarities, whatsoever. Blacks were denied the vote in apartheid South Africa. Non-Jews in Israel can vote and, indeed, are well-represented in government.

There are Israeli Arab millionaires. Israeli Arab media. Israeli Arab businesses. Arab and Muslim universities. No such opportunities existed for Blacks in South Africa.

You really need to be educated.

South African Blacks lived in South Africa. Pallies do not live in Israel.

The ambigous status of the Palestinians is a mess for Israel's desire for the moral highground here because they are there - they have no self-determiniation, no rights, no citizenship. That's a reality.

Pallies do not have ambiguous status. They are occupiers in the West Bank and Gaza.

Last edited:
Israeli communities have a say in who can and can't live there, Arabs have arab schools, usually with considerably less funding -(though it's not just with Arab Israeli's where this occurs, but certain Jewish Israeli groups as well) and the Jewish Israeli's have their schools which are better funded. While Israeli Jewish communities and enclaves can readily get permits to expand, Arab villages can not. How many new Arab villages have been built since statehood? How many Jewish villages?

Dummy, Arab communities have a say on who can and cannot live there. There are Arab sections in Jerusalem where Jews are vulnerable to sniper fire if entered.

As for Arab schools receiving smaller budgets, this is a municipal issue, not an Israeli government issue. Arab schools receive less funding because Arabs do not pay their taxes. Arab communities are hundreds of millions of dollars in arrears, so, naturally, they will suffer when budgets are allocated.

You are one of the most uninformed people I've come across.

Wrong, dummy.

There are Israeli citizens. I live in Israel. You are an ignorant moron.

So you claim...that could explain your bias - if, indeed you do live there, anyone can claim anything on an internet messageboard and there is no way to prove otherwise. But you are right on one thing - I should not have said "citizens" - but nationality. There is no such thing as Israeli nationality.

Perhaps you can explain why Israeli law divides citizenship into two nationalities and why those two nationalities have different rights as citizens?

Wrong, again, dummy. Non-Jews have the same rights of land ownership, immigration and military service.

You are an idiot who can only repeat the same tired phrase over and over....

Can you support that claim?

I notice you did not claim they have the same right of family reunification.

As far as immigration, you are seriously stupid. For example - the Law of Return is limited to Jews only.

In addition, The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law (Temporary Order) 5763 makes inhabitants of the West Bank and Gaza Strip ineligible for the automatic granting of Israeli citizenship and residency permits that is usually available through marriage to an Israeli citizen. The law originated in a 2002 Cabinet order freezing the issuance of citizenship on family reunification grounds between Israeli citizens and residents of areas governed by the Palestinian Authority.

You claim they have the same rights of land ownership - yet, I have shown evidence that is not true. You show no such evidence.

In fact, Bedouins have privileges not accorded to Jews in property ownership and leasing. Arabs haveleadership positions in the military, as well as in government, the judiciary and in academia.

You are utterly clueless.

You say: "Arabs haveleadership positions in the military, as well as in government, the judiciary and in academia" - you realize what that sounds like don't you? Token positions. How many "leadership" positions do they have in relation to their overall population?

Nice deflection. I notice you do not address the Jewish Land Trust.

As far as the Bedouins, those "rights" sound suspiciously like the "rights" granted to blacks for their "homelands" in South Africa especially since there seems to be a prevailing "seperate but equal" mentality, and we know how well that works.

Some interesting articles on those Bedouin in Israel:
Amira Hass / Israeli Jewish worldview sanctifies West Bank inequality - Haaretz - Israel News

The Bedouin intifada: It's not if, but when - Haaretz - Israel News
The argument between the Bedouin and the government of Israel is part of an ongoing and worsening conflict over land in the Negev. The Bedouin claim that all 12 million dunams [three million acres] in the Negev are rightfully theirs. A total of 90,000 Bedouin were living in the Negev when Israel was established. During the War of Independence, most fled or were expelled to Egypt and Jordan, leaving 11,000 Bedouin within Israel's boundaries. In the `50s and the `60s, the Bedouin were forcibly moved to a "restricted area" in the northern Negev. One of the goals of concentrating the Bedouin population was to stop nomadic movement and create permanent settlements.

By the `90s, seven Bedouin townships were established, but with no employment infrastructure. These townships now have the highest unemployment rate in Israel. Al-Krenawi, a resident of the Bedouin city of Rahat, says that oppression, discrimination, neglect and inequality are the major causes of alienation in the Bedouin population in Israel.

Forum Hakara, a coalition of Israeli human rights and peace organizations that promotes Bedouin rights, published statistics in July 2003 listing the Bedouin population in the Negev as 140,000. Half of this population lives in the seven townships established by the Israeli government. The other half lives in 46 unrecognized villages called the p'zura [dispersion].

They now hold 300,000 dunams, and are struggling to retain lands still in dispute. The Bedouin are willing to settle for recognition of their ownership of an additional 1 million dunams. The argument involves the extent of compensation for lost land in the disputed area. The government is willing to come to a compromise with them and pay $85 per dunam for land of undetermined ownership. The Bedouin, who are currently demanding NIS 10 billion in compensation, consider this offer to be an insult.

Arab citizens of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prior to the establishment of Israel in 1948, there were an estimated 65,000-90,000 Bedouin living in the Negev.[52] The 11,000 who remained were relocated by the Israeli government in the 1950s and 1960s to an area called the siyag ("enclosure" or, "fence") made up of relatively infertile land in the northeastern Negev comprising 10% of the Negev desert.[52] Negev Bedouins, like the rest of the Arab population in Israel, lived under military rule up to 1966, after which restrictions were lifted and they were free to move outside the siyag as well. However, even after 1966 they were not free to reside outside of the siyag; they came to reside within 2% of the Negev[53] and never returned to their former range. Seven government-built townships were established in the siyag area where roughly half of Israel's Bedouin population live today,[52] centered around the largest legal Bedouin locality in Israel, Rahat. The Israeli government encourages Bedouin to settle as permanent residents in these development towns, but the other half of the Negev Bedouin population continues to live in 45 "unrecognized villages," some of which predate the existence of Israel.[52] These villages do not appear on any commercial maps, and are denied basic services like water, electricity, and schools. It is forbidden by the Israeli authorities for the residents of these villages to build permanent structures, though many do, risking fines and home demolition

Wrong. Blacks were separated from Whites under apartheid, including bathrooms and even the use of water fountains.

Are you really so stupid you can't even address the actual point?:cuckoo:

Let me dumb it down for you even more if that is possible:
Blacks were NOT citizens of South Africa. Just as the Palestinians are not citizens of Israel.

Can it be any plainer?

Apartheid was/is a complex system that was more than simple racial segregation and has come to mean more than South Africa.

Wrong. Palestinians are not occupied. There is no sovereign Palestinian state and, indeed, Israel has legitimate legal and historical claims to the territory.

Then that surely includes claims to the inhabitants of that territory that go along with it eh?

Under international treaties, Israelis may reside throughout the territories.

Under international law, so may the Palestinians.

Furthermore, Israeli Arabs are accorded full freedoms, human rights and civil liberties.

Prove it. You keep saying it but so far, your record of proof is abysmal.

You clearly have absolutely no insight into Israel, so, why are you even bothering to post?

Based on the one-sided simplicity of your own arguments, I seriously doubt you have any insight into Israel yourself much less stepped foot in it.

Further evidence you are clueless about Israeli society. Arabs self-segregate into Arab communities, not unlike any other group throughout the world. In New York, there is Chinatown and Little Italy, where Asians and Italians choose to live.

You do realize that same argument was used to justify continued policies of segregation in the U.S.?

Prove it. I've offered sources showing otherwise. You offer zip.

There are no similarities, whatsoever. Blacks were denied the vote in apartheid South Africa. Non-Jews in Israel can vote and, indeed, are well-represented in government.

There are Israeli Arab millionaires. Israeli Arab media. Israeli Arab businesses. Arab and Muslim universities. No such opportunities existed for Blacks in South Africa.

You really need to be educated.

To repeat your own phrase: you really need to be educated if you think simply voting (and the Palestinians in Gaza can't vote can they?), token positions in government and sporadic wealth are all that defines apartheid from not-apartheid you are seriously ignorant.

South African Blacks lived in South Africa. Pallies do not live in Israel.

Wrong.

...From 1958, Blacks were deprived of their citizenship, legally becoming citizens of one of ten tribally based self-governing homelands called bantustans, four of which became nominally independent states.

Pallies do not have ambiguous status. They are occupiers in the West Bank and Gaza.

:eusa_shhh: better not tell them that or they might move back to their homeland in Israel.

Last edited:
Dummy, Arab communities have a say on who can and cannot live there. There are Arab sections in Jerusalem where Jews are vulnerable to sniper fire if entered.

As for Arab schools receiving smaller budgets, this is a municipal issue, not an Israeli government issue. Arab schools receive less funding because Arabs do not pay their taxes. Arab communities are hundreds of millions of dollars in arrears, so, naturally, they will suffer when budgets are allocated.

You are one of the most uninformed people I've come across.

Yet again you oh-so-neatly side step the issue with an affirmation of seperate-but-equal.

Perhaps you can also explain why Jewish settlements and enclaves (which refuse entry to Arab citizens) are allowed expansion right and the rights to build new (legal) communities but Arabs are refused? Do you think that is "right"? Do you think then, that the way we used to do it in the U.S. - defacto segregation - was right? Should you, as a Jew, be barred from living in non-Jewish areas?

Your take on the Arab schools is bullshit - read the articles (which I know you didn't).

1) There are Israeli arabs who are full citizens and have representatives in the Israeli parliament

2) The arabs in judea and samaria don't want to be Israeli citizens

3) Their leadership Hamas is recognized by the US state dept to be a terrorist organization. They have targeted Israeli civilian

4) The PA refuses to go even to the negotiating table. Therefore, they are entitled to nothing.

5) They don't even recognize Israel's right to exist. Therefore, Israel giving a good chunk of the tinsy land it has, for some vague promises of peace, when their goal is the destruction of Israel is suicidal

Keep spinning it. Keep pretending you know what you're talking about. The more you post, the more idiotic you sound.

pointandlaugh.gif

Oops. Sorry. For a moment I thought you said something :)

Last edited:
Also on a case-by-case basis I would be for arabs living in judea and samaria being full Israeli citizens as long as they serve in the IDF and swear an oath to Israel like the rest of the Israeli citizens.

Also on a case-by-case basis I would be for arabs living in judea and samaria being full Israeli citizens as long as they serve in the IDF and swear an oath to Israel like the rest of the Israeli citizens.

Do the rest of Israeli citizens swear an oath to Israel?

Do the rest of Israeli citizens swear an oath to Israel?

I would imagine that they would when they join the army, but I don't know the exact process.

Here is the process. Also, they must be drafted into the IDF like normal Israeli citizens

Acquisition of Israeli Nationality

Adults may acquire Israeli citizenship by naturalization at the discretion of the Minister of the Interior and subject to a number of requirements, such as:

they must have resided in Israel for three years out of five years preceding the day of submission of the application;

they are entitled to reside in Israel permanently and have settled or intended to settle in Israel;

they have renounced their prior nationality, or have proved that they will cease to be foreign nationals upon becoming Israeli citizens.

The Minister of the Interior may exempt an applicant from some of these requirements.

1) There are Israeli arabs who are full citizens and have representatives in the Israeli parliament

Can you explain why Arab Israeli's do not have the same rights as Jewish Israeli's?

They do, and are represented in Parliament.

They do not enjoy the same rights of immigration, of return or family reunification as Jewish citizens nor do they have the right to buy government land held by the "Jewish Trust" - a right reserved for Jewish citizens. Perhaps you can explain the descrepency?

Representation in Parliament is not the sum and total of rights.

Forum List

Back