Israel Opens Dam Gates to Flood Gaza?

Lebanon once had a population of over 100,000 jews in the Beirut area, now there are less than 100 in the whole country and most of them hidden in christian dominated areas. Synagogue might be being rebuilt but there is not one rabbi. By law Jews should have representation in Parliament but no one to fill that seat.
Afghanistan too used to have a large jewish population, I think just recently the last native jew in the country died.
Islamists in Syria are trying to trades stolen Judaic items from the Damascus Synagogue to the Assad regime for the release of prisoners. There were only a hand full of jews still in Syria before the fighting.
Alexandria used to be a center of torah scholarship.
Tunisia once held the oldest torah scroll in the world, from the first temple. Now I think only the silver handles might remain.

The Jews were all over the Middle East at one time. In fact, they were also in places in Southeast Asia. One Pakistani Muslim journalist was recently writing about an old synagogue in Karachi. Let's face it; there were even more Christians in the Middle East than you see now. Aris, being a very smart person, is sure to realize that there are posters who are using the Jews as scapegoats for their own failures in life.

Who is an Arab Jew? by Albert Memmi
See if you can stay on topic this time

"Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding, saying it caused Wadi Gaza to overflow and flood residential neighborhoods by opening dams outside the Strip. Palestinian sources said these dams normally keep the water level in Gaza low.

Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Gaza floods, thousands evacuated - but get reprieve from blackouts - National Israel News | Haaretz

Lebanon once had a population of over 100,000 jews in the Beirut area, now there are less than 100 in the whole country and most of them hidden in christian dominated areas. Synagogue might be being rebuilt but there is not one rabbi. By law Jews should have representation in Parliament but no one to fill that seat.
Afghanistan too used to have a large jewish population, I think just recently the last native jew in the country died.
Islamists in Syria are trying to trades stolen Judaic items from the Damascus Synagogue to the Assad regime for the release of prisoners. There were only a hand full of jews still in Syria before the fighting.
Alexandria used to be a center of torah scholarship.
Tunisia once held the oldest torah scroll in the world, from the first temple. Now I think only the silver handles might remain.

The Jews were all over the Middle East at one time. In fact, they were also in places in Southeast Asia. One Pakistani Muslim journalist was recently writing about an old synagogue in Karachi. Let's face it; there were even more Christians in the Middle East than you see now. Aris, being a very smart person, is sure to realize that there are posters who are using the Jews as scapegoats for their own failures in life.

"Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding, saying it caused Wadi Gaza to overflow and flood residential neighborhoods by opening dams outside the Strip. Palestinian sources said these dams normally keep the water level in Gaza low.

Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Gaza floods, thousands evacuated - but get reprieve from blackouts - National Israel News | Haaretz

Why, Mr. George, they blame the Jews for everything, even if there happens to be an earthquake. In many incidents here in the U.S. dams have been opened because the levels have been so high as a result of heavy rains and dams have even overflowed. Did the levees protect everyone during Katrina? Some times dams manage to collapse. What do you think happened to the Baldwin Hills Dam where people are gathering on the 50th anniversary of that catastrophe. Did you blame the Jews for that too when you were a kid?

Why, Mr. George, they blame the Jews for everything, even if there happens to be an earthquake. In many incidents here in the U.S. dams have been opened because the levels have been so high as a result of heavy rains and dams have even overflowed. Did the levees protect everyone during Katrina? Some times dams manage to collapse. What do you think happened to the Baldwin Hills Dam where people are gathering on the 50th anniversary of that catastrophe. Did you blame the Jews for that too when you were a kid?
Jews weren't occupying Baldwin Hills fifty years ago.
Jews are the Occupying Power in Gaza and they are responsible for things like opening dam gates in order to flush as many Arabs as possible into the Mediterranean. Something all good hasbara would endorse, right?

You think?

"Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed.

"Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Dams? This guy is hillucinating.

If we tried drowning Gaza, we obviously were masochistic, since the waters covered the intire area completely, blocking towns near the strip.

Hamas don't know anything but lying.

We transported tons of fuel and pumps and first aid to Gaza starting this very weekend. Their thanks is to say we drown them?

What a bunch of pigs.

And the fact that you take this 'source' to be Ha'aretz is laughable.
"BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- The Gaza government's Disaster Response Committee announced late Friday that Israeli authorities had opened up dams just east of the Gaza Strip, flooding numerous residential areas in nearby villages within the coastal territory.

"Committee chairman Yasser Shanti said in a press conference that Israeli authorities had opened up dams just to the east of the border with the Gaza Strip earlier in the day. He warned that residential areas within the Gaza Valley would be flooding within the coming hours.

"He said that the move by Israeli authorities would flood areas in Moghraqa and other parts of Deir el-Balah in central Gaza, and he called upon residents of areas near the Gaza Valley to evacuate their homes in preparation for the anticipated flooding.

"The Gaza Strip is currently under a state of emergency due to severe weather conditions caused by a historic storm front moving south across the Levant."

Are there multiple dams controlled by Israel that are located just east of the Gaza strip?

Israel 'opens dams' flooding Gaza Strip near Deir al Balah | Maan News Agency

I have nothing more to add. My post was clear enough, I believe.

No more than you can expect me to believe Bibi.
There is no doubt in my mind Zionists have been engaged in a conscious plan to colonize Palestine (including Gaza) since long before you or I were born.

I don't believe Bibi most of the time.

Which doesn't change the fact that I don't believe a single word Hamas says.

When putting such dramatic title, you should do some self checking. Those 'officials' count on Pro-Palestinian ignorance and people just like you who swallow their words as truth without the most basic fact-checking.

Those dams he talks about don't exist.

If they did, kindly you or others who follow this report mention their name, exact location, a photo, perhaps?

I know Tze'elim, and such dam near that place doesn't exist.

So before blaming, check first- the Gazans are pulling one over on you, people.
Do you know Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli in charge of the drainage system in part of the northern Negev who claimed there was one dam in the Tze'elim area that was breached? Why would Nehemia lie?

That is not what Nehemia Shahaf said. Nehamia Shahaf said that near Tze'elim there's 'inhibition' clearing the watersource from Tze'elim (Israel!) from one side to aonther. This is like a passage from one side to the other. Since this was malfancutioned due to the storm, the water rose and covered Tze'elim road, and into the Gaza strip as well. Tze'elim was completely blocked by water for more than 50 hours. This wasn't any "dam" separating Israel and Gaza, this passage is completely inside Israel, its malfunctioning infulenced Gaza as well.

Any attempt to paint it like Israel opened a "dam" is wrong at the best case, simply propagandonist lie at worst.

Jews are the Occupying Power in Gaza and they are responsible for things like opening dam gates in order to flush as many Arabs as possible into the Mediterranean. Something all good hasbara would endorse, right?

It is amusing how posters get so much from the hate sites. So tell us, Mr. Georgie, when did the word "hasbara" get into your vocabulary and from which site did you first hear it? My goodness, I never heard this word before the anti-Semites started dragging it up like it was something precious. I don't think you actually read the article clearly enough, but naturally you will jump on the Jews for what is happening in Gaza. By the way, Mr. George, your new friends might not to flush you into the Pacific Ocean, but they would love you to get down five times a day on a prayer mat.

I don't believe Bibi most of the time.

Which doesn't change the fact that I don't believe a single word Hamas says.

When putting such dramatic title, you should do some self checking. Those 'officials' count on Pro-Palestinian ignorance and people just like you who swallow their words as truth without the most basic fact-checking.

Those dams he talks about don't exist.

If they did, kindly you or others who follow this report mention their name, exact location, a photo, perhaps?

I know Tze'elim, and such dam near that place doesn't exist.

So before blaming, check first- the Gazans are pulling one over on you, people.
Do you know Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli in charge of the drainage system in part of the northern Negev who claimed there was one dam in the Tze'elim area that was breached? Why would Nehemia lie?

That is not what Nehemia Shahaf said. Nehamia Shahaf said that near Tze'elim there's 'inhibition' clearing the watersource from Tze'elim (Israel!) from one side to aonther. This is like a passage from one side to the other. Since this was malfancutioned due to the storm, the water rose and covered Tze'elim road, and into the Gaza strip as well. Tze'elim was completely blocked by water for more than 50 hours. This wasn't any "dam" separating Israel and Gaza, this passage is completely inside Israel, its malfunctioning infulenced Gaza as well.

Any attempt to paint it like Israel opened a "dam" is wrong at the best case, simply propagandonist lie at worst.

Lipush, even if you were able to get a group of Muslims living in that area telling the readers that Israel did nothing wrong, you would still have the bigots claiming that the Muslims are lying and the Jews really did such a dastardly deed.

It is amusing how posters get so much from the hate sites. So tell us, Mr. Georgie, when did the word "hasbara" get into your vocabulary and from which site did you first hear it? My goodness, I never heard this word before the anti-Semites started dragging it up like it was something precious. I don't think you actually read the article clearly enough, but naturally you will jump on the Jews for what is happening in Gaza. By the way, Mr. George, your new friends might not to flush you into the Pacific Ocean, but they would love you to get down five times a day on a prayer mat.
Jews are the Occupying Power in Gaza, remember.
That means they're responsible for protecting civilians from crimes against humanity.
Do you remember when you first heard the word "yellow?"

"Is the use of the color yellow a sign of racial and genocidal hatred targeting Jews?

"Israel’s foreign ministry is suggesting it is, after a 'pro-Israel activist' discovered a sticker in a Dublin supermarket that states 'For Justice in Palestine - Boycott Israel.'

"The sticker, as can be seen in the photograph published by Israel’s Ynet, was attached to a package of dates that were produced in an illegal Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank."

Is the color yellow anti-Semitic? (Israel says yes) | The Electronic Intifada

Eat your dates, Sally.

That means they're responsible for protecting civilians from crimes against humanity.

"Is the use of the color yellow a sign of racial and genocidal hatred targeting Jews?

"Israel’s foreign ministry is suggesting it is, after a 'pro-Israel activist' discovered a sticker in a Dublin supermarket that states 'For Justice in Palestine - Boycott Israel.'

"The sticker, as can be seen in the photograph published by Israel’s Ynet, was attached to a package of dates that were produced in an illegal Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank."

Eat your dates, Sally.

Electronic Intifada??? Eat your soul food, Mr. George. By the way, Mr. Georgoe, you seem to be stuck on the Jews. There are plenty of forums on this USMessageBoard. Do you ever bring up the Occupation of Tibet by the Chinese where they are forcing young Tibetan girls to have abortions so that the Tibetan culture is wiped out? How about Cyprus? Have you ever brought up the Occupation of part of Cyrpus by the Turks? If not I am really surprised because it seems like you really are obsessed with occupations?

George,
I'll tell you what.
You're right.
You're right about every Jew-Hating sentence you post.
What's the problem?
I just can't believe that a collection of geniuses like the Jews haven't accomplished their goal in 50 years.
Explain to me, somehow, how these evil Jew geniuses haven't wiped out the Jordanian West Bank Arabs, the Gazan Arabs, the Syrians, Egypt.
Are the Jews THAT incompetent? I refuse to believe it.

Eat your dates, Sally.

Electronic Intifada??? Eat your soul food, Mr. George. By the way, Mr. Georgoe, you seem to be stuck on the Jews. There are plenty of forums on this USMessageBoard. Do you ever bring up the Occupation of Tibet by the Chinese where they are forcing young Tibetan girls to have abortions so that the Tibetan culture is wiped out? How about Cyprus? Have you ever brought up the Occupation of part of Cyrpus by the Turks? If not I am really surprised because it seems like you really are obsessed with occupations?
Are you capable of remembering what Forum this is?
Israel-Palestine.
Remember?
I suppose deflection is all you have when it comes to the hundred year Zionist colonization of Palestine.

You should know the story was a lie. You could have check your facts before post if you were honest.

>>Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza. <<

Do any of you really care about the facts or what is really happening in the region? This seems to be a group of ignorants living on an IV of propaganda. Do you know how to do a search on the internet? Do you bother to check facts before spreading this garbage? Did any bother to find out about the dam in question or just believe the worst because it somehow feeds you bias and hate? Do any of you know the area at all or just arm chair critics that can't even pick up a map? There are people posting on this forum that don't even know east from west or where gaza is located.

Of course no one care about the lives in Israel lost to the storm or how many have been saved in gaza or the efforts taken by Israelis to help palestinians. They don't care about how many have died in the region because of this storm, how it has affected other countries.
Tell me how you already know "the story was a lie."
Are you telepathic?
Jewish?
Both??
We aren't likely to know the facts of this particular story for days, at least.
Are you afraid those who have been stealing Arab land and water in Palestine for nearly a century may have used floods and a thin cover of "humanitarian relief" to annex a few more dunams in Gaza?
Stay tuned if you have the slightest interest in finding the Truth about this matter.

What part of " the dam can not be opened or closed" don't you understand? The concept to complicated for you?

Eat your dates, Sally.

Israel-Palestine.
Remember?
I suppose deflection is all you have when it comes to the hundred year Zionist colonization of Palestine.

Bu, Mr. George, for someone so interested in oiccupations that you babble about it so much and forums for you to post on about the occupations in other parts of the world, your silence on these forums tells an awful lot about you. I thought one of the heads of Hamas said that Gaza is not occupied, and I was under the impression that the Palestinine Authority was in charge of a lot of the goings on in the West Bank. However, there is still the issue of occupations elsewhere of which you have no interest because the Jews are not involved for you to blame.

I am in consent contact and get news reports from around the middle east and the world in at least three languages, or I also get translations when needed.
I grew up in the middle east and have family there and well as school friends. I know or knew most of the military leaders, politicians and heads of state in the region.
I get reports from people in Syria, Lebanon, the PA and Israel by twitter often before the western press.
A quick search online confirms most stories when eastern and middle east press come out.
I know because I care and I bother to check facts, all views and multiple reports as soon as possible. If you know what you are doing it takes only seconds to verify.
As a global citizen I think it my responsibility to care and seek truth.
It should be everyone's responsibility.

I am in consent contact and get news reports from around the middle east and the world in at least three languages, or I also get translations when needed.
I grew up in the middle east and have family there and well as school friends. I know or knew most of the military leaders, politicians and heads of state in the region.
I get reports from people in Syria, Lebanon, the PA and Israel by twitter often before the western press.
A quick search online confirms most stories when eastern and middle east press come out.
I know because I care and I bother to check facts, all views and multiple reports as soon as possible. If you know what you are doing it takes only seconds to verify.
As a global citizen I think it my responsibility to care and seek truth.
It should be everyone's responsibility.

I think the readers who are interested in the Middle East are very lucky to have a poster like Aris around. She knows her stuff from her personal contacts in the Middle East as well as from her thorough researching.

Is it possible Israel enhanced the destructive impact of the recent storm ravaging the Levant by deliberately opening dam gates and thereby making a bad situation even worse for civilians under IDF occupation?

"Israeli regime authorities have opened up dams just east of the Gaza Strip, flooding a slew of residential areas in nearby villages within the coastal territory and forcing thousands of residents to evacuate their homes.

"Israeli authorities opened up dams just to the east of the border with the Gaza Strip earlier on Friday, said Chairman of the Gaza government's Disaster Response Committee Yasser Shanti in a press conference.

"He warned that the move by Israeli authorities would flood areas in Moghraqa and other parts of Deir el-Balah in central Gaza.

"Gaza's rescue service has evacuated more than 4,000 people from homes flooded after Israeli authorities opened up the dams."

Israel opens dams to flood Gaza, forcing evacuations

Remember that thousands claimed that the same (or a similar) thing occurred after Katrina. It would certainly be very effective if one groups wants another to leave, seeks ill-gotten gains, etc... But if that is true-that it was done to...flush them out-truth always prevails. And deception (if any exists) will melt like cotton candy . Have faith; and smile. :eusa_shifty: ;)

Last edited:
Is it possible Israel enhanced the destructive impact of the recent storm ravaging the Levant by deliberately opening dam gates and thereby making a bad situation even worse for civilians under IDF occupation?

"Israeli regime authorities have opened up dams just east of the Gaza Strip, flooding a slew of residential areas in nearby villages within the coastal territory and forcing thousands of residents to evacuate their homes.

"Israeli authorities opened up dams just to the east of the border with the Gaza Strip earlier on Friday, said Chairman of the Gaza government's Disaster Response Committee Yasser Shanti in a press conference.

"He warned that the move by Israeli authorities would flood areas in Moghraqa and other parts of Deir el-Balah in central Gaza.

"Gaza's rescue service has evacuated more than 4,000 people from homes flooded after Israeli authorities opened up the dams."

Israel opens dams to flood Gaza, forcing evacuations

Remember that thousands claimed that the same (or a similar) thing occurred after Katrina. It would certainly be very effective if one groups wants another to leave, seeks ill-gotten gains, etc... But if that is true-that it was done to...flush them out-truth always prevails. And deception (if any exists) will melt like cotton candy . Have faith; and smile. :eusa_shifty: ;)
Disaster capitalism will always exploit misery to its fullest extent.
Gaza beachfront is highly sought after by Jew, Arab, and Gentile alike.
Here's hoping Shifty knows best:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

You should know the story was a lie. You could have check your facts before post if you were honest.

>>Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza. <<

Do any of you really care about the facts or what is really happening in the region? This seems to be a group of ignorants living on an IV of propaganda. Do you know how to do a search on the internet? Do you bother to check facts before spreading this garbage? Did any bother to find out about the dam in question or just believe the worst because it somehow feeds you bias and hate? Do any of you know the area at all or just arm chair critics that can't even pick up a map? There are people posting on this forum that don't even know east from west or where gaza is located.

Of course no one care about the lives in Israel lost to the storm or how many have been saved in gaza or the efforts taken by Israelis to help palestinians. They don't care about how many have died in the region because of this storm, how it has affected other countries.
Tell me how you already know "the story was a lie."
Are you telepathic?
Jewish?
Both??
We aren't likely to know the facts of this particular story for days, at least.
Are you afraid those who have been stealing Arab land and water in Palestine for nearly a century may have used floods and a thin cover of "humanitarian relief" to annex a few more dunams in Gaza?
Stay tuned if you have the slightest interest in finding the Truth about this matter.

What part of " the dam can not be opened or closed" don't you understand? The concept to complicated for you?
Almost.
The part I'm most confused about is how many dams under Israeli control actually exist?
I don't pretend to know if Jews gave mother nature a hand in flooding Gaza; however, based on the past century of "creeping annexation" practiced by Zionists in Palestine, I think it's worth investigating.

Israel-Palestine.
Remember?

Bu, Mr. George, for someone so interested in oiccupations that you babble about it so much and forums for you to post on about the occupations in other parts of the world, your silence on these forums tells an awful lot about you. I thought one of the heads of Hamas said that Gaza is not occupied, and I was under the impression that the Palestinine Authority was in charge of a lot of the goings on in the West Bank. However, there is still the issue of occupations elsewhere of which you have no interest because the Jews are not involved for you to blame.
"The cold snap, storms and flooding are expected to be a disaster as well for Gaza agriculture. Since the Israeli blockade had already rendered 56% of the Palestinians there food insecure and caused widespread anemia in children and expectant mothers, the further shortfall in food production could be calamitous.

"Israel, which has sent emergency aid teams to disaster areas like Haiti and the Philippines, so far is more like the earthquake or typhoon itself for the hapless residents of Gaza, most of them refugees from what is now Israel whose families were expelled from their homes by Jewish settlers in 1948.

"As for Americans’ support for keeping nearly 2 million Palestinians in a concentration camp, most people in the region want to know what makes them so cruel."

Are you American, "Sally?"

Gaza: 5000 Palestinians evacuated from Flooded Homes, Israeli Blockade Hampers Rescue | Informed Comment

Israel-Palestine.
Remember?

"The cold snap, storms and flooding are expected to be a disaster as well for Gaza agriculture. Since the Israeli blockade had already rendered 56% of the Palestinians there food insecure and caused widespread anemia in children and expectant mothers, the further shortfall in food production could be calamitous.

"Israel, which has sent emergency aid teams to disaster areas like Haiti and the Philippines, so far is more like the earthquake or typhoon itself for the hapless residents of Gaza, most of them refugees from what is now Israel whose families were expelled from their homes by Jewish settlers in 1948.

"As for Americans’ support for keeping nearly 2 million Palestinians in a concentration camp, most people in the region want to know what makes them so cruel."

Are you American, "Sally?"

Gaza: 5000 Palestinians evacuated from Flooded Homes, Israeli Blockade Hampers Rescue | Informed Comment

Born and raised here, Mr. George, and unlike you who hates America, I love it. To tell you the truth, I don't believe all the stuff you drag up, Mr. George, because so much of it isn't true. And, don't forget, Mr. George, if Americans were so cruel, they wouldn't be the main ones who pay into the UN which has been supporting these Palestinians for years. Naturally you don't care about the other starving people who could certainly use some help.

Forum List

Back