Israel Opens Dam Gates to Flood Gaza?

Bu, Mr. George, for someone so interested in oiccupations that you babble about it so much and forums for you to post on about the occupations in other parts of the world, your silence on these forums tells an awful lot about you. I thought one of the heads of Hamas said that Gaza is not occupied, and I was under the impression that the Palestinine Authority was in charge of a lot of the goings on in the West Bank. However, there is still the issue of occupations elsewhere of which you have no interest because the Jews are not involved for you to blame.
"The cold snap, storms and flooding are expected to be a disaster as well for Gaza agriculture. Since the Israeli blockade had already rendered 56% of the Palestinians there food insecure and caused widespread anemia in children and expectant mothers, the further shortfall in food production could be calamitous.

"Israel, which has sent emergency aid teams to disaster areas like Haiti and the Philippines, so far is more like the earthquake or typhoon itself for the hapless residents of Gaza, most of them refugees from what is now Israel whose families were expelled from their homes by Jewish settlers in 1948.

"As for Americans’ support for keeping nearly 2 million Palestinians in a concentration camp, most people in the region want to know what makes them so cruel."

Are you American, "Sally?"

Gaza: 5000 Palestinians evacuated from Flooded Homes, Israeli Blockade Hampers Rescue | Informed Comment

Born and raised here, Mr. George, and unlike you who hates America, I love it. To tell you the truth, I don't believe all the stuff you drag up, Mr. George, because so much of it isn't true. And, don't forget, Mr. George, if Americans were so cruel, they wouldn't be the main ones who pay into the UN which has been supporting these Palestinians for years. Naturally you don't care about the other starving people who could certainly use some help.
What do you love most about America, Sal?

So, the Israelis opened the flood-gates on the dam(s) and tried to drown the Palestinians?

Some front-man for Hamas?

If Hamas told me that the sun rose in the East and set in the West, I'd get at least three (3) confirming independent opinions before believing them...

So, the Israelis opened the flood-gates on the dam(s) and tried to drown the Palestinians?

If Hamas told me that the sun rose in the East and set in the West, I'd get at least three (3) confirming independent opinions before believing them...
That's because you're not very smart.

So, the Israelis opened the flood-gates on the dam(s) and tried to drown the Palestinians? Some front-man for Hamas? If Hamas told me that the sun rose in the East and set in the West, I'd get at least three (3) confirming independent opinions before believing them...
True.

Smart enough to see through your bullshit, though, so, I am content.

You are the one claiming a simple dam with no lock mechanism was somehow opened to flood the poor oppressed Muslims.

You are the one claiming a simple dam with no lock mechanism was somehow opened to flood the poor oppressed Muslims.
No.
I'm not.
I'm not sure how many dams are even in question yet.
Are you?

So, the Israelis opened the flood-gates on the dam(s) and tried to drown the Palestinians? Some front-man for Hamas? If Hamas told me that the sun rose in the East and set in the West, I'd get at least three (3) confirming independent opinions before believing them...
True.

The truly sad part is you're content to believe Zionist bull shit.

Gaza claimed it was a dam east of gaza that Israel opened to cause the flooding, there is only sea to the east. There is one dams Wadi Sofa Dam east of Rafah in the southern Gaza but the one that overflowed is a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim in the Negev that does not open.

True.

Only because we (The West, at large) like Jews better than we like Muslims.

Always have.

Always will.
We in the West don't prefer colonization over democracy.
A majority of Americans take the Jewish side in Palestine for pretty much the same reasons they endorsed ethnic cleansing in their homeland. A majority of Europe, on the other hand, with access to a much broader media picture of the Israeli occupation believes Israel is acting contrary to its purported Democratic values.

"While European governments individually and collectively pay regular homage to Israeli democracy - they say it is the only democracy in the Middle East - their public is reluctant to do so. Thirty-four per cent of the 7,045 people polled believe Israel is not a democracy, while less than half, or 45 per cent, believe it is."

Europeans divided on Israel - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Gaza claimed it was a dam east of gaza that Israel opened to cause the flooding, there is only sea to the east. There is one dams Wadi Sofa Dam east of Rafah in the southern Gaza but the one that overflowed is a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim in the Negev that does not open.
Could you post a map showing the sea that's east of gaza?

https://www.google.com/search?q=map+of+gaza&oq=map+of+gaza&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j0l4.5139j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Resevoir.jpg

Map showing the dam location from Gaza

Wadi nahal oz collapsed 9 years ago. There was some flooding of agricultural land at the time

nahal%2Boz.jpg

Last edited:
Wadi nahal oz collapsed 9 years ago. There was some flooding of agricultural land at the time

nahal%2Boz.jpg
What do you know about Wadi Gaza?

"Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding, saying it caused Wadi Gaza to overflow and flood residential neighborhoods by opening dams outside the Strip. Palestinian sources said these dams normally keep the water level in Gaza low.

"Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Gaza floods, thousands evacuated - but get reprieve from blackouts - National Israel News | Haaretz

Is it possible Israel enhanced the destructive impact of the recent storm ravaging the Levant by deliberately opening dam gates and thereby making a bad situation even worse for civilians under IDF occupation?

"Israeli regime authorities have opened up dams just east of the Gaza Strip, flooding a slew of residential areas in nearby villages within the coastal territory and forcing thousands of residents to evacuate their homes.

"Israeli authorities opened up dams just to the east of the border with the Gaza Strip earlier on Friday, said Chairman of the Gaza government's Disaster Response Committee Yasser Shanti in a press conference.

"He warned that the move by Israeli authorities would flood areas in Moghraqa and other parts of Deir el-Balah in central Gaza.

"Gaza's rescue service has evacuated more than 4,000 people from homes flooded after Israeli authorities opened up the dams."

Israel opens dams to flood Gaza, forcing evacuations

Hmmmm....sounds a bit like flushing the toilet. Hope they have a big plunger,because Gaza is full of shit.

The length of the Wadi is about 105 km from its source, and extends from the Truce line in East Gaza to the coast where it discharges into the sea. It is located centrally along the Gaza Strip coast, and is bordered in the north-west by the sea, the south-east by the Bureij Camp, the south-west by the Nuseirat Camp, and the north by Al-Zahra’ City. The maximum elevation of the Wadi is 30 meters above sea level, dropping to sea level where it reaches the Mediterranean Sea. Its circuitous route through the Gaza Strip reaches 7 km.

whc.unesco.org/fr/listesindicatives/5722/

The wadi controls the wetland and agriculture within Gaza. six other wadis in gaza feed into it.

Always have.

Always will.
We in the West don't prefer colonization over democracy...
There is nothing Democratic about Islam, nor the various Militancies such as Hamas and Hezbollah that fester and thrive under its aegis.

"...A majority of Americans take the Jewish side in Palestine for pretty much the same reasons they endorsed ethnic cleansing in their homeland..."
Incorrect.

A majority of Americans take the Jewish side in Palestine because they feel sorry-for and guilty-about the Jews and the 6,000,000 deaths they suffered, and figure that it's about time that the poor bastards get a break for the first time in 2000 years.

A majority of Americans take the Jewish side in Palestine because most Americans are part-of and descendants of and inheritors of the broad, ancient, loose European cultural affiliation known as Christendom.

Being part-of and the inheritors of Christendom - or, The West - a.k.a. Secularized Christendom - most Americans look at Judaism as the Spiritual Mothership of Christianity and their own European-descended culture - and most Westerners remember on some level the centuries of Western struggle against a Militant and Aggressive Islam (the Crusades, et al).

"...A majority of Europe, on the other hand, with access to a much broader media picture of the Israeli occupation believes Israel is acting contrary to its purported Democratic values..."
Europe is already taking a decidedly anti-Islamic turn; as evidence by pronouncements by leaders in the UK, France, Germany, etc.

It's about time.

The realize now that they've admitted vipers into their midst, that multi-culturalism isn't working, that Islam is incompatible with their own culture, and that Islam in their midst is a poison pill.

They are desperately scrambling for ways to correct their error and to overcome the results of their earlier naive and blinkered foolishness.

I wouldn't count on too much more drift towards sympathy for the Palestinians in the coming years if I were you.

Things have changed - again - and not in your favor.

It's what happens when Idiot Internationalists and MultiCulti Types temporarily gain the upper hand, screw things up to an alarming extent, and have to be slapped down again - hard.

Israel will ride the crest of that wave as easily as an expert surfer catching a tall one.

"..."While European governments individually and collectively pay regular homage to Israeli democracy - they say it is the only democracy in the Middle East - their public is reluctant to do so. Thirty-four per cent of the 7,045 people polled believe Israel is not a democracy, while less than half, or 45 per cent, believe it is..."
Europe is also the Home of the Jewish Pogrom and the Home of the Jewish Persecution and the Home of the Holocaust... "Killing Jews on a gigantic scale for fun and profit since 50 A.D." - they are also the Home of the Fascists and Nazis and the like - all within the boundaries of Still-Living Memory.

I don't think the Jews of Israel are overly-concerned about how 'democratic' their own government is perceived, vis a vis those of the Europeans who are still recovering from the aftereffects of Fascism and Totalarianism and Autocracy and Dictatorship.

Last edited:

Always have.

Always will.
We in the West don't prefer colonization over democracy...
There is nothing Democratic about Islam, nor the various Militancies such as Hamas and Hezbollah that fester and thrive under its aegis.

Incorrect.

A majority of Americans take the Jewish side in Palestine because they feel sorry-for and guilty-about the Jews and the 6,000,000 deaths they suffered, and figure that it's about time that the poor bastards get a break for the first time in 2000 years.

A majority of Americans take the Jewish side in Palestine because most Americans are part-of and descendants of and inheritors of the broad, ancient, loose European cultural affiliation known as Christendom.

Being part-of and the inheritors of Christendom - or, The West - a.k.a. Secularized Christendom - most Americans look at Judaism as the Spiritual Mothership of Christianity and their own European-descended culture - and most Westerners remember on some level the centuries of Western struggle against a Militant and Aggressive Islam (the Crusades, et al).

"...A majority of Europe, on the other hand, with access to a much broader media picture of the Israeli occupation believes Israel is acting contrary to its purported Democratic values..."
Europe is already taking a decidedly anti-Islamic turn; as evidence by pronouncements by leaders in the UK, France, Germany, etc.

It's about time.

The realize now that they've admitted vipers into their midst, that multi-culturalism isn't working, that Islam is incompatible with their own culture, and that Islam in their midst is a poison pill.

They are desperately scrambling for ways to correct their error and to overcome the results of their earlier naive and blinkered foolishness.

I wouldn't count on too much more drift towards sympathy for the Palestinians in the coming years if I were you.

Things have changed - again - and not in your favor.

It's what happens when Idiot Internationalists and MultiCulti Types temporarily gain the upper hand, screw things up to an alarming extent, and have to be slapped down again - hard.

Israel will ride the crest of that wave as easily as an expert surfer catching a tall one.

"..."While European governments individually and collectively pay regular homage to Israeli democracy - they say it is the only democracy in the Middle East - their public is reluctant to do so. Thirty-four per cent of the 7,045 people polled believe Israel is not a democracy, while less than half, or 45 per cent, believe it is..."
Europe is also the Home of the Jewish Pogrom and the Home of the Jewish Persecution and the Home of the Holocaust... "Killing Jews on a gigantic scale for fun and profit since 50 A.D." - they are also the Home of the Fascists and Nazis and the like - all within the boundaries of Still-Living Memory.

I don't think the Jews of Israel are overly-concerned about how 'democratic' their own government is perceived, vis a vis those of the Europeans who are still recovering from the aftereffects of Fascism and Totalarianism and Autocracy and Dictatorship.
There's "nothing Democratic about Islam" except the free elections HAMAS won in Gaza in 2006, remember? The one where that paragon of mid-east democracy (Israel) promptly arrested 20 Hamas MPs and 8 ministers?

How about the 6 June letter from Hamas to "the decider" offering a long term truce with Israel in exchange for a Palestinian state?

Surely you recall the democratic initiative exhibited by Israel and the US when they cut funds to the PA following the election, and the Jews withheld tax revenues amounting to $50 million per month?

You are on exceptionally thin ice criticizing anyone else for a failure of democracy in the Middle East, Kondor.

Palestinian legislative election, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back