Isn't the Police State what Progressives want?

Isn't the Police State was Progressives Want?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
I don't understand. If you want to pass countless laws and regulations and taxes, you need men with the authority to use lethal force to make your Big Gov work?

More laws = More police = more people in jail and/or dead.

Progressives mainly want an increased level of scrutiny and law enforcement on the economically/politically powerful and those with the greatest potential to do harm to society. The police are one such group that needs to be held accountable, no one should be above the law.

I don't understand. If you want to pass countless laws and regulations and taxes, you need men with the authority to use lethal force to make your Big Gov work?

Progressives mainly want an increased level of scrutiny and law enforcement on the economically/politically powerful and those with the greatest potential to do harm to society. The police are one such group that needs to be held accountable, no one should be above the law.

That all makes sense. But I'd extend that accountability to those who make the laws as well. In particular, their obligation to not abuse their legal authority by legislating on matters that government has no business meddling with.

That all makes sense. But I'd extend that accountability to those who make the laws as well. In particular, their obligation to not abuse their legal authority by legislating on matters that government has no business meddling with.
That's a matter of ideology and opinion rather than legality.

Yep. And ultimately a more important concern. We need to resolve it before we can effectively address the details of legal procedure and policy.

Progressives only want to crush the life out of the rich, and Conservatives....and Republicans....and Moderates.....and Independents....and Intolerant people....and people who ask too many questions....

Progressives only want to crush the life out of the rich, and Conservatives....and Republicans....and Moderates.....and Independents....and Intolerant people....and people who ask too many questions....
I'd like to crush the life out of the stupid and the GOP voters, which is the same thing, and that ain't happening either.

Yep. And ultimately a more important concern. We need to resolve it before we can effectively address the details of legal procedure and policy.
Resolve what? If people are being harmed, cheated, unduly exploited or otherwise being trod upon by those in power then it is our business to do something about it even if it happens to hurt the powerful's bottom line or position of power.

Resolve what? If people are being harmed, cheated, unduly exploited or otherwise being trod upon by those in power then it is our business to do something about it even if it happens to hurt the powerful's bottom line or position of power.

It depends on what that "something" is. All but the anarchist fringe sees a role for government in protecting people from harm. And as long as those efforts are focused on prosecuting the guilty, I'm right there with you. But when corporatism enters the picture, and we start persecuting and rewarding people on the basis of class-identity, rather than individual guilt or innocence, I think you've crossed a line.

When they see how many of their ambitions for government inevitably point to oppressive government, they'll come see that civil liberties are more important than social justice, and that the 'great society' is something we should create voluntarily.

I really, really, don't think that's gonna happen.

I think they have consciously and specifically decided that they are willing to give up civil liberties for social justice.

And 'social justice' is very narrowly defined within the prism of progressivism; i.e. they see social justice as one person justifiably being forced by law to serve another, but only the people THEY determine will be served will receive such service. For them social justice means some people they designate being protected from being offended while others have no such protection. For them social justice means cradle to grave security and benevolence for some at the expense of others who are expected to provide such security and benevolence. For them social justice means certain designated people will be excused and/or not held accountable for certain behaviors while the same behavior is not tolerated in others.

Elsewhere I am actively involved in an exercise to write a new Constitution for the USA. The very first thing we got bogged down on was the concept of 'unalienable rights' aka 'natural rights' aka 'God given rights'. Progressives are pretty well unified that such do not exist and the government assigns the rights we will have. And I do believe if that point of view becomes common, the trend to servitude to an all-powerful federal government will continue unabated.

Nice straw man.

I wrote my sig for people like you - binary hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.

You clearly don't know my politics.

Congratulations.

One can tell much about a person by observing those with whom they associate.

You associate with these morons.
opencarry640.jpg
Congrats.

These progressives are passing laws and instituting regulations designed to piss us off. They want us to hate the police and revolt against authority so they can create a vacuum into which they can pour their warped ideology. The same people that organized the Ferguson protests also organized the Arab Spring and Occupy Wall Street.

Organizing for Power Organizing for Change Resources Trainings

About Lisa Organizing for Power Organizing for Change

Alliance of Community Trainers Empowering Communities for Sustainable Transformation

Nice straw man.

I wrote my sig for people like you - binary hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.

You clearly don't know my politics.

Congratulations.

One can tell much about a person by observing those with whom they associate.

You associate with these morons.
opencarry640.jpg
Congrats.
I don't see sigs asswipe, and these are your little morons. As for politics, that is one thing I do know, I've been watching American politics for decades.

I don't see sigs asswipe, and these are your little morons.
Nope. But I realize how hardcore partisan ideologues like you need to keep things simple.
Those muffin-buying morons vote for your side, and I'm no partisan. I, unlike you, call it like it is.

Oh yeah, you're a real independent thinker.

:laugh2:

Yes asswipe I am, but you have no ability to judge since to can't get on the fucking level, any level so far.

Sigh. If the cons protect the police at all cost, we will have a police state.

Sigh. If the libs attack the police at all cost, we will have a police state.

As usual, the best path is Constitutional, so follow it.

Forum List

Back