Isn't it time you yanks grew up regarding your gun death epidemic?

stupid thread by ignorant troll! all I can say is this

1590462349486.png

AR's are modeled directly on war weapons. Sure someone can shoot people with a deer rifle. But how many bullets can you load into that rifle at a time? Does it have that cool handle so you can spray bullets all cool-like as if you were Rambo? Magazine size DOES have to be part of it. There is absolutely no excuse for AR's with 30 round mags in civilian society.
So you admit that it is the appearance of the guns that scare you.

The adjustable stock - a feature that provides for a more proper fit and, thus, a better aim - because you prefer poor aim and bullets going into random things or people rather than a reliable aim and hitting the intended target.

The Supreme Court has ruled that the intention of the 2nd Amendment is to protect weapons of war. But AR-15s are not weapons of war. Under the 1994 assault weapons ban, this was the definition of an assault rifle:

• Folding or telescoping stock - An adjustable (telescoping) stock ensures better accuracy and hitting the intended target rather than random targets. It's a safety feature.
  • Pistol grip - Purely an ergonomic feature; most modern target rifles use them as well. They allow a more natural hand and wrist angle; once again, helping to ensure that only the intended target is hit.
  • Bayonet mount - banned because of all the bayonet murders happening?
  • Flash hider or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one - again, a safety device. A flash hider is not a flash eliminator. It makes the gun absolutely zero more dangerous and the cops can see the reduced flash if they're looking for a bad guy. But it does keep the shooter's eyes from being blinded by the light and allows them to hit their target rather than random strangers.
  • Grenade launcher - banned due to all of the grenade murders.
Other definitions include things like a barrel shroud - nothing more than a heat shield.
Or a magazine that attaches behind the pistol grip - because that looks even more scary to the pussies on the left.

None of the things you seem to object to make a gun any more dangerous. They simply prove that a serious side effect of TDS is hoplophobia and you have it bad.

All killed by coronAR14's

BREAKING: 36 Shot and 9 Dead in Chicago over the weekend, making it one of the deadliest ever.

I wonder if they had masks on

blackie joe.jpeg

Which means then that government can say FUCK the Constitution. That's a thing that the left used to understand - and do still, actually. If you accept that the government can, at it's own discretion, disregard any single piece of the Constitution then you must accept that they can disregard every piece of it.

This post of yours, alone, proves absolutely without any doubt that you are anti-American and working to destroy our Constitution and our nation.

Just because you want to take away my gun I'm going to go out and buy one.
While the opinions on the Internet from one leftist tool don't scare me about buying guns, I'll admit that many of my gun purchases have been out of the threat of having them banned. For instance, I never cared about owning an AR-15 until government got serious about telling me that I couldn't have one. But I think you have a good idea. Everytime ANY gun controller starts a thread, I should buy a gun. I think that's the new plan.. Off to Bud's website now. :)

What in hell is a gun RELATED death?
Some CATHOLIC Bastard scratches his own nuts and he's got 100,000+ family and relatives show up in federal court to explain why *I* shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm even though *I* have demonstrably never done anything wrong with a firearm.
You're going to have to explain that one.

Still ignoring mag size....and ergonomic add ons to make it easier to kill lots more faster.

And the Sacred Founding Fathers also were adamantly opposed to a standing army. Times change.

Name a shooting where the magazine size made a difference in the outcome. Like where a civilian used a reload break to attack and neutralize the shooter. I'm not saying it never happened but it is rare to nothing.

Well, both Ruger 14's. The bottom one is a Tactical Rifle. It has 30 different add-ons to enhance "performance." This is from Field and Stream on what a "Tactical Rifle" is.
What are the 30 performance-enhancing add-ons?

A tactical rifle is a firearm designed for shooting people in a precise manner, as opposed to New York City Police Department doctrine, which is to empty the magazine as fast as you can in the general direction of everything standing and hope for the best.Mar 20, 2014
All guns are pray-and-spray to the NYPD.

As far as accuracy goes, both can be made to be accurate. But a tactical rifle with a heavier barrel, can generally shoot more rounds before barrel heat starts to affect things. For hunting, this doesn't really come into consideration as you probably wont be taking that many shots.Oct 30, 2008

You really, seriously, know nothing of what you speak. Hunting rifles are many, many, times more likely to have the heaviest barrels. The standard barrels on the original M16s were light weight, .675 inch diameter; very light weight. Then the military started using the HBAR - or heavy barrel - with a .750 inch diameter. The HBAR is a lightweight barrel when compared to a quality hunting barrel. Modern target and hunting barrels are far heavier than any tactical barrel.

Gun related deaths per 100,000 population.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.

isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line

Well that's a stupid idea sooooo........nope not now and not ever.

Since your pea brain hasn't figured it out IF there was a total ban on guns it ONLY effects law-abiding citizens and not criminals.

Therefore guns have become a necessary tool in a violent world and furthermore, an armed citizenry is a last resort against tyranny.

I don't give a damn what you call it. These "tactical rifles" and AR's have only one thing missing--the full auto feature. They aren't sold to civilians, so that topic is not even under discussion here.

Do you never, ever, tire of being wrong and showing what an idiot you are? I can buy any of these guns.

Well then what are you worried about? Who IS going to attack us that you need to defend yourself from?

More idiocy. Nobody is going to attack us - because we're armed. If we're disarmed, the answer is different.
It's a valid question. WHO do you think will attack us if the citizenry doesn't have AR's? I am not advocating banning all guns. No one is, in this country anyway. I'd love it if the goddamned things all disappeared, but I'm NOT a dreamer. I know that's not going back in the box. The Founding Fathers felt we might need to stand up to a tyrannical government, supposedly ours, at some point. They needed us armed as individuals because the last thing they wanted is what we have now--a massive standing army we have no hope of standing against.

Something very very wrong has happened in this country when people can't discuss their different ideas without being called Communists or Nazi's. It's insane. It's NOT what is actually going on here. Well, Bernie.....but he didn't make it through the primary, did he. I see some of the same things that concern conservatives. But the left is not primarily Communist or out to destroy us. We just see different approaches and solutions. Why are you making a war out of it?

Besides being a communist Nazi, you're not good at math, either. 100 million gun owners with 300 million guns. The standing army, including reserves and national guard, is 1 million. No supporter of the right to keep and bear arms is worried about the army.

If 100% of gun owners surrender their guns, no, the army isn't going to attack. What will happen is that rights will be trampled, one at a time. Protests will be stopped or only allowed in permitted free-speech zones (they already do that). Responses to civil disobedience, as already shown in NYC in response to simply riding a subway without a mask, will result in more violent responses from the armed enforcement branches of the government with the purpose of intimidating the masses into submission. And we will be powerless to do anything but comply, just as is the case today in Venezuela.

There is almost zero chance that the government attacks the people but as long as the people are armed, the government must consider that the people might attack them. It's good for government to have to think about such things.

Oz - thanks for this page ... I am a retired Marine and staunch supporter of legal guns, in lawful hands and NOT the GOP BS we hear 24/7: Home safety, our 2nd Amendment right, stand you ground, and open carry laws and such - they are TOTAL bullshit and I cannot support any of that.

Most of the GOP-generated struff is utter BS for the gun industry and huge amounts of gun-owner/NRA campaign money to run and stay in office and in turn they allow the crazy laws.
It's sad that the oath you took meant so little to you. Yes, there are those who are, or were, in the military that will happily shoot Americans who are doing nothing more than exercising their rights. I am sorry for the Marines that such as you served and came out of it.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.

It's illegal to stop most gun deaths in the U.S., since it would be blatantly racist policy, leading to disproportionate arrests of 'minorities'.

In other news, the vast majority of white communities are safer than Europe statistically, so there is little 'advice' we need to pay attention to from Europe's commie vermin; the leftists and their Muslim heroes murder more people every day around the world than white American criminals have murdered in 100 years. Leftists here are much more enthusiastic about murdering as many babies as possible than locking up black serial killers, millions of them; most pagans need human sacrifices to their cults.

I made a mistake and I not only admitted it, I supplied the information. That is only a "pattern" of being honest and accepting new information even if it isn't what I previously believed.

I came to this board five years ago to argue for gun control and I've done plenty of "looking into it." I don't need your help to come to my conclusions. You are basing your argument of defense against a tyrannical government on nothing but pipe dreams.

I'm not wrong. Massive numbers of guns correlate to massive numbers of death by guns, far more than any other "civilized" country. One doesn't have to be a genius to get that.

You make another mistake by targeting "gun deaths". Most certainly, if there are no guns there are no gun deaths. But you won't have reduced deaths at all. Somehow, you think that dying by a gun makes a person more dead than dying by a hammer or baseball bat or antifreeze or thrown off of a cliff. The "gun deaths" argument is just plain stupid. And, as others have said, if you really cared about "gun deaths" then it wouldn't be any long-gun about which you'd be objecting. And it wouldn't be the guns owned by law-abiding citizens that you'd be going after. You'd be far more concerned about urban crime and the war on drugs - which accounts for a huge majority of gun deaths in the US. That virtually all your gun-control-energy goes into the guns involved in the fewest deaths - less than 10% of gun deaths.

You're a fraud. That you admit that you came here to argue for gun control indicates that you're not interested in facts and, very likely, are a paid shill of a gun control group.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

And how many of those gun deaths are suicide vs violent crime deaths and then take into how many people die yearly from reckless drivers vs someone going to kill me in a violent crime my chances of dying is higher on the open road...
Stats for homicides alone:
Results: US homicide rates were 7.0 times higher than in other high-income countries, driven by a gun homicide rate that was 25.2 times higher.

See the link for details.

Still, my chances of dying on the open road is much higher than being killed in a violent crime resulting from a firearm.

Many firearm deaths have suicides in them which if you remove them and focus on the violent crime deaths then the reality of dying from a firearm death during a violent crime is much lower than dying on the open roads and you know this.

Also many of your violent crime deaths are in gang infested neighborhoods and if you look at that you will realize your are even less likely to die from a violent crime death with a firearm in Maine...
The stats I put up do not include suicides or accidents.

Misguided yoot are people too.

This argument is not about car accidents. Start another thread if you want to talk about them. This is about the needless 30,000+ gun homicides each year BEYOND car accidents and cancer and Covid and whatever else.

Most of America's gun homicides are done by Black Gangsta's, usually drug deals gone wrong and general Black Gang violence, sometimes random peoples are caught in the crossfire of this Black Gang violence.

There is a thread in Current Events about the amount of gun deaths across the weekend in Chicago, all Black areas it occur in.
That's true. Going by stats from the National Gang Center, about half of US homicides yearly are done by gangs. But blacks aren't the only people who form gangs, Lucy. Hispanics, Asians, Whites--anyone at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder looking for some cash and some influence and protection from other gangs. It's a mess. BUT THESE PEOPLE ALSO COUNT. A lot of those guns they use are illegally purchased on the street or stolen. If there weren't about a billion guns floating around in the US, it would be a LOT harder to get one illegally. Even if you take away that half (which we can't, they are part of our nation and our culture), we would still be many times higher in gun homicides than any other "highly developed" nation. Because a whole stinkin' bunch of us still have a gun in the closet for when we get pissed off. Around here, over half the gun homicides here are domestic violence.

You would oppose any policy that would effectively reduce gun violence in the U.S. All you want to do as a leftist is disarm citizens while protecting your Party's criminal base.

Forum List

Back