Islam, the religion of peace.

Sorry, but you must be both deaf and blind then. I am aware of who the danger is to the West. It isn't the run of the mill muslim. It is the Fundamentalists who distort Islam to suit their political motives. The same Islamists who wish to opress and control even their own kind and who are prepared to kill their own to achieve those ends. We have a member of these boards who fights with Muslims against the fundamentalists. I know very well what he would say, too.
It has been established he has no claim to traditional Islamic schools of thought.
It has also been establish that those the west call " terrorist" have the high ground in the Islamic hierarchy as far as piety .

Please tell me how you tell the difference between a run of the mill muslim and a true believer?
What happens when he gets religion?

I have yet to find a muslim who will not tell those who have not study Islamic scripture exactly what they want to hear about Islam to ally their fears .

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html
Fundamentalism refers to a belief in a strict adherence to a set of basic principles (often religious in nature), sometimes as a reaction to perceived doctrinal compromises with modern social and political life.[1][2][3][4]

Oh no, I'm not interested in getting involved in all that crap. Suffice to say, I am not a fan of Islam by any stretch, but I have sufficient intelligence to know that the majority of Muslims are not only true believers, but they are peaceful too. It isn't difficult to see who the Islamic politicists are. The fundamentalists intent on changing the world to their substandards. Why is it that some are intent on painting the majorities, whether they be Muslim or any other denomination, race or creed, with the sins of the minorities!

You're right, because the "sin of the minority" is one, MOHAMMED, the one that all Muslims are supposed to follow.

And that ONE person beheaded 600 to 900 in one raid. Following that pattern of coming in peace and then resorting to violence, over 250 million have been killed in the name of Allah.

Islam is the deadliest religion and political movement in the history of mankind, bar none, probably more than all others combined.

The Population Bomb ― Why Islam World's Fastest-growing Religion

The best way to describe the most powerful weapon aiding the advent of the evil ideology of Islam is the late Yasser Arafat's statement that his greatest asset and weapon was not any militant group but the Arab mother. Arafat knew, as we must know, that the rate of reproduction of Muslims threatens to make Israel a Muslim-majority state by the end of the century! No need for any serious diplomacy or peace deals - just keep the mania going for a few more decades, and Israeli Muslims will be powerful enough to force the Jews into submission.

[URL="http://www.islam-watch.org/Others/Islam-Population-Bomb-Fastest-growing-Religion.htm"]link[/URL]​

The Population Bomb ― Why Islam World's Fastest-growing Religion

The best way to describe the most powerful weapon aiding the advent of the evil ideology of Islam is the late Yasser Arafat's statement that his greatest asset and weapon was not any militant group but the Arab mother. Arafat knew, as we must know, that the rate of reproduction of Muslims threatens to make Israel a Muslim-majority state by the end of the century! No need for any serious diplomacy or peace deals - just keep the mania going for a few more decades, and Israeli Muslims will be powerful enough to force the Jews into submission.

[URL="http://www.islam-watch.org/Others/Islam-Population-Bomb-Fastest-growing-Religion.htm"]link[/URL]​

yeeeeeeeah except Yasser didn't take Eloheim into account.

It's never good to underestimate God.

gasp.gif

I am sick of hearing how peaceful and wonderful the Muslim/Islam religion is. It is the most violent and
corrupt of anything the world has seen since the dark ages. Which is where they wish to take the world.
And as far as Muslims on a whole go they are awfully silent when the you know what hits the fan with these Islamic wackos. Until things change and that may take a very long time we need to kill as many of them as possible before they kill us.

time for our Messiha the great manchild president to sit down with the muslim leaders and have a root beer summit with them and appologize to them that America is wrong and disrespectful to them for not being Muslim and then make congress to force all American to join and convert to Islam. It is our fault as a nation that we are not Muslim and should all change to this religion cause this religion does not know what the word tolerate means.

I am sick of hearing how peaceful and wonderful the Muslim/Islam religion is. It is the most violent and
corrupt of anything the world has seen since the dark ages. Which is where they wish to take the world.
And as far as Muslims on a whole go they are awfully silent when the you know what hits the fan with these Islamic wackos. Until things change and that may take a very long time we need to kill as many of them as possible before they kill us.

Well, there you have it.

Islam is a religion of "love and peace" that is it is a religion that would "love" to chop all the heads off all infidels and then blow them up into little "peace"(s).

ouch! I seriously oppose promoting Islam as fun and peaceful and something to try in our public schools, and I oppose changing our laws to accomodate Sharia law, etc, but kill people who have merely been duped into buying half of a religion without being exposed to the other half? nah

Maybe we should differentiate the two....Muslims and Muslim Lites.

But claiming terrorists have hijacked true Islam is just wrong. They're the ones adhering to it.

This is a thread of prejudice. Please ignore.
It is not prejudicial to object to an ideology that calls for my death.

The ideology you are talking about does not include all of Islam.

It includes scriptural Islam.
8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
2:193.
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Is there an Arabic word for these oppressors ?

The Noble Quran's Search Results:

Seems there is little doubt as to the use of the word oppressor in this verse.
In the Arabic the word is Zâlimûn
Polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust.

Apparently the same arabic word is used to describe oppresors in 2:193 and 2:254

Quraan Transliteration

That means disbelief is oppression

islam is bullshit. look at all the other groups/religions/countries etc throughout time that suppressed the education of women and look at how they are today. its amazing that islam has made it through time when all the others like it died away. sucks that its taking over the world. I would rather get raped by a priest under the pat roberston led christian world than live for one second under sharia bullshit.

fundamentalist Islamists who distort Islam to suit their own perverted aims.

There is no evidence of this .

Sorry, but you must be both deaf and blind then. I am aware of who the danger is to the West. It isn't the run of the mill muslim. It is the Fundamentalists who distort Islam to suit their political motives. The same Islamists who wish to opress and control even their own kind and who are prepared to kill their own to achieve those ends. We have a member of these boards who fights with Muslims against the fundamentalists. I know very well what he would say, too.
I concur colin, but then all religion is a load of bollocks, and full of crimes against humanity.

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

8:39. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

2:193 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

at least get the quotes right. 8. Spoils Of War, Booty

your anaysis of the word opression is nonsense. opression means people who try to opress muslims. the directions are clear, fight them, but if they stop attacking/ opressing muslims, then muslims must stop too.
in fact, youre explaining islam as an extremist might explain it to justify his violence. just because you choose to copy such interpretation from a small minority in islam, does not mean that all of islam does. it just means that those extremists/ terrorists manage to push their scare tactics on you.

ask any normal muslim how they feel about for example suiside (bombings) and they will tell you its not permitted in islam.

8:39. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

2:193 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

at least get the quotes right. 8. Spoils Of War, Booty

your anaysis of the word opression is nonsense. opression means people who try to opress muslims. the directions are clear, fight them, but if they stop attacking/ opressing muslims, then muslims must stop too.
in fact, youre explaining islam as an extremist might explain it to justify his violence. just because you choose to copy such interpretation from a small minority in islam, does not mean that all of islam does. it just means that those extremists/ terrorists manage to push their scare tactics on you.

ask any normal muslim how they feel about for example suiside (bombings) and they will tell you its not permitted in islam.
According to your preferred translation when does the fighting stop under what conditions?

From your link the prior verse
2:38
Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them).
2:39
39. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

There are many translations
Verse 2:193
Yusuf Ali:
And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.
Zohurul Hoque:
And fight them until there is no persecution, and religion is only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostilities except against the unjust.
T. J. Irving:
Fight them until there is no more subversion and [all] religion belongs to God. If they stop, let there be no [more] hostility except toward wrongdoers.
T.U. Hilali-M. Khan:
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)
M. Pickthall:
And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.
M.H. Shakir:
And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.

2.193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)

In the Arabic the word is fitnah

It is not prejudicial to object to an ideology that calls for my death.

The ideology you are talking about does not include all of Islam.

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Is there an Arabic word for these oppressors ?

Seems there is little doubt as to the use of the word oppressor in this verse.
In the Arabic the word is Zâlimûn
Polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust.

Apparently the same arabic word is used to describe oppresors in 2:193 and 2:254

Quraan Transliteration

That means disbelief is oppression

If you dont read the stuff I post then Im not reading the shit you post.

The individual that makes these posts is prejudice. Period, end of statement.

This individual hated the irish, the chinese, the japanese and any other race that interfered with his way of living.

This individual was the same kind of individual that wore white sheets to lynch blacks. This individual is the same kind of individual that pulled the trigger on the jews.

This person has a black soul if you believe in that sort of thing.

Prejudice. Hater. Racist.

A prejudice is a preconceived belief, opinion, or judgment toward a group of people or a single person because of race, social class, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, political beliefs , religion, line of work or other personal characteristics. It also means a prior beliefs (without knowledge of the facts) and includes "any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."[1] Although positive and negative prejudice both exist, when used negatively, "prejudice" implies fear and antipathy toward such a group or person. Prejudice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or get preferential treatment. Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posting Islamic scripture with the most widely accepted explanation is not an act of bigotry , prejudice or racism .
It is an act of self defense.

False claims of bigotry are an insufficient answer to Islams call for genocide in its scripture.

Forum List

Back