Isaiah 53, the forbidden chapter of the Hebrew Bible

The blood sacrifice, on the other hand, is a tough nut to crack, to be sure. I agree. If Jesus was considered a lamb, then it must be reminiscent of sacrifice under the Law. He did say, after all, that not a dot of the Law would pass until heaven passed.

The promise for fulfilling the law is life. "Life" is in the blood, in the doing.

Flesh is a metaphor for words that form the Body of Christs teaching. Words that are both spirit and life, flesh and blood.

Life and blood in scripture, whether speaking about sacrificing lower beasts by draining their blood or imbibing the blood of Jesus has absolutely nothing whatever to do with hemoglobin, plasma or platelets suspended in sanguine body fluid.

Nothing.

Last edited:
It is amazing how so called Christians bring up this passage to support the narrative about Jesus, but at the same time completely ignore 11th and 12th paragraphs which completely refute the absurd idea of Jesus' divinity.

There is no contradiction to Christ's divinity. 11 says that he works only as per God, which He Himself says in the Gospels too. And 12 says that He is the Giver. Nothing extraordinary.
Yeah, 'my rightful servant' and 'I will give him a portion among the great' clearly show that here is said about the 'son' of God who is equal with the Father, right?
The Messiah took on the cloak of a servant (human form). HE came to be born, live and then die for our transgressions and arise triumphant. GOD the Father now can view those that are born-again, through the MESSIAH, as without sin. That is because the MESSIAH is without sin.

I disagree with you but such a debate would never reach an end point.

Care to engage on the morals involved that would give us an end game?

----------

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

Then, it was a wrong lamb.
Keep in mind that Jesus is also known as The Good Shepherd.

Yes, while the scriptures show him as quite a heartless one who will endanger his whole heard for just the one.

Yahweh is an incompetent and immoral god, so it is not surprising that Jesus is not much better.

Care to revue his poor moral judgements?

No divorce and substitutional punishment are my favorite Jesus bashing topics, but you can pick any other of his more immoral tenets.

Regards
DL

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

:clap::clap::clap:

Okay. What do you want to say by this?
Matthew, Luke, John have parables or Jesus referencing himself as the Good Shepherd. Only in John do we hear about the "Lamb of God." John the Baptist said about Jesus, "Behold the Lamb of God..." John, the writer of the Apocalyptic literature in the Book of Revelation where the Lamb of God is not sacrificial, rather the lamb who would destroy evil.

Note Jesus' mission as set forth by the Gospel. Jesus did not walk around proclaiming he was here to pay a debt to God on our behalf. He did not walk around saying his death would settle the debt of the sins of mankind, past, present, and future. That notion came out of the Protestant Reformation in the 1500s, over a thousand years after Jesus walked the earth.

I see Jesus' words and actions more about destroying the evil that might take root in our own hearts, lives, and the proclamation that turning from evil not only results in forgiveness but the destruction of evil in our own hearts and lives. He taught the Way of Obedience to God's Will.

In the Catholic Church we pray, "Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of world..." and this I see in my own life. Without Jesus' teachings, how much more sin would have come into my own heart, my own life? He took these sins. Further, he announced and fulfilled the Covenant that SINS ARE FORGIVEN. The sins I have turned from are no longer hanging over me. They have been taken away.

Jesus did sacrifice his life, gave up his own life, over the message of Repentance for the forgiveness of sins. This freedom from past sins hanging over us may indeed be compared to the freedom the Israelites experienced upon fleeing Egypt. Still, I see Jesus more as Shepherd, leaving the 99 to find one; of laying down his life for the good of his followers, that they might be assured of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Matthew, Luke, John have parables or Jesus referencing himself as the Good Shepherd. Only in John do we hear about the "Lamb of God." John the Baptist said about Jesus, "Behold the Lamb of God..." John, the writer of the Apocalyptic literature in the Book of Revelation where the Lamb of God is not sacrificial, rather the lamb who would destroy evil.

Note Jesus' mission as set forth by the Gospel. Jesus did not walk around proclaiming he was here to pay a debt to God on our behalf. He did not walk around saying his death would settle the debt of the sins of mankind, past, present, and future. That notion came out of the Protestant Reformation in the 1500s, over a thousand years after Jesus walked the earth.

I see Jesus' words and actions more about destroying the evil that might take root in our own hearts, lives, and the proclamation that turning from evil not only results in forgiveness but the destruction of evil in our own hearts and lives. He taught the Way of Obedience to God's Will.

In the Catholic Church we pray, "Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of world..." and this I see in my own life. Without Jesus' teachings, how much more sin would have come into my own heart, my own life? He took these sins. Further, he announced and fulfilled the Covenant that SINS ARE FORGIVEN. The sins I have turned from are no longer hanging over me. They have been taken away.

Jesus did sacrifice his life, gave up his own life, over the message of Repentance for the forgiveness of sins. This freedom from past sins hanging over us may indeed be compared to the freedom the Israelites experienced upon fleeing Egypt. Still, I see Jesus more as Shepherd, leaving the 99 to find one; of laying down his life for the good of his followers, that they might be assured of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
I personally view Jesus as a reformator who tried to make Judaism more open, without bureaucracy and strict hierarchy, and outdated prescriptions. To make it less formal, but more 'spiritual'. To fought off the vices of the society he lived in. Basically, he didn't say anything new which hadn't been in the OT already. And this way of 'Christianity' I would welcome with all my heart.

But Christianity came another way. There are various opinions why it happened. I think the most viable is the influence of Greek culture which caused it to turn out to be as we know it today.

Under the Law, he shouldn't have been sacrificed, in the first place.
Under the Law, lambs could be sacrificed.
The lambs are supposed to have four legs, I am afraid.
Yup.

One lamb had two.
Who should the lamb have been if not Israel's Messiah?
There is no need in such a lamb as percieved by Christians.

Jesus' mission as set forth in the gospels was to deliver the kingdom of God. That and nothing else (except judgment and resurrection).

What evil is in your heart that he came to destroy? Satan was exiled from the earth (from Israel's world) two thousand years ago (Jn 12:31). So if you're a Christian, where does the evil come that plagues you?

Under the Law, he shouldn't have been sacrificed, in the first place.
Under the Law, lambs could be sacrificed.
The lambs are supposed to have four legs, I am afraid.
Yup.

One lamb had two.
Who should the lamb have been if not Israel's Messiah?
There is no need in such a lamb as percieved by Christians.
Maybe because he wasn't the Christians' Messiah. He was Israel's Messiah.

The church age has no eschaton. It is everlasting. Why, then, would a messiah come to sacrifice himself again for the church when the church is already the reason a messiah died?

Last edited:
I personally view Jesus as a reformator who tried to make Judaism more open, without bureaucracy and strict hierarchy, and outdated prescriptions. To make it less formal, but more 'spiritual'. To fought off the vices of the society he lived in. Basically, he didn't say anything new which hadn't been in the OT already. And this way of 'Christianity' I would welcome with all my heart.

But Christianity came another way. There are various opinions why it happened. I think the most viable is the influence of Greek culture which caused it to turn out to be as we know it today.
I am more of the opinion that he saw Judaism as changing, of people forgetting what they had been taught and had lived through in prior generations. They were forgetting who they were. Jesus was adamant that he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

Jesus' mission as set forth in the gospels was to deliver the kingdom of God. That and nothing else (except judgment and resurrection).

What evil is in your heart that he came to destroy? Satan was exiled from the earth (from Israel's world) two thousand years ago (Jn 12:31). So if you're a Christian, where does the evil come that plagues you?
Let's not make this personal.

Jesus noted that evil takes root in small ways. One of the ways he named was lust, that lust in one's heart was basically the same as adultery. Murder begins with anger against another. What is unclean, he noted, comes from what is inside--not what is eaten or drank.

I am more of the opinion that he saw Judaism as changing, of people forgetting what they had been taught and had lived through in prior generations. They were forgetting who they were. Jesus was adamant that he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel.
True enough, I think. Judaism changed.

The Israel that Jesus came for no longer exists. The temple people vanished in the fire nearly two thousand years ago. Can anyone now even trace his ancestry to any of the twelve tribes?

The Law is gone. The temple is gone. The genealogical records are gone. The city is gone. The Judaism now is completely different. The Judaism two thousand years ago was the Judaism that Jesus came to judge.

The Israel that Jesus came for no longer exists. The temple people vanished in the fire nearly two thousand years ago. Can anyone now even trace his ancestry to any of the twelve tribes?

The Law is gone. The temple is gone. The genealogical records are gone. The city is gone. The Judaism now is completely different. The Judaism two thousand years ago was the Judaism that Jesus came to judge.
Can anyone now even trace his ancestry to any of the twelve tribes?
Yes.

Let's not make this personal.

Jesus noted that evil takes root in small ways. One of the ways he named was lust, that lust in one's heart was basically the same as adultery. Murder begins with anger against another. What is unclean, he noted, comes from what is inside--not what is eaten or drank.
This isn't personal. I'm asking very objectively. Jesus conquered sin and death.

If Christians sin and die, did Jesus fail?

Jesus' mission as set forth in the gospels was to deliver the kingdom of God.

No.. Jesus made it clear that the kingdom of God was a long time off when he appeared the first time.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword" (Jesus H. Christ)

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations. Rev. 19:14

The sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine. still works like a charm!

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad. Such is the sword that I am sending among them" Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

Yes.
Like what? 1/64th Benjamin? 1/704th Judah? After millennia of migration and intermarriage, who has this much of Jacob's blood?

Yes.
Like what? 1/64th Benjamin? 1/704th Judah? After millennia of migration and intermarriage, who has this much of Jacob's blood?
The Tribe of Levi.
I don't know the particulars because I don't care.
I'd say about 1/10th of my community is converts and they are now stuck being Jews for the rest of eternity.

Forum List

Back