Is Your State Overweight?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Also has a place where you can find out if you are overweight - or even considered OBESE!

Is Your State Overweight?
July 10, 2006

Only 20 years ago, what you weighed was mainly your own concern. That was before statistics showed that six out of 10 adult Americans weigh too much, and 17 percent of American children and teens are overweight or obese, too.

With such a large percentage of the population weighing more than is healthy, the public health implications of being overweight have taken on greater importance.

http://www.health.msn.com/reports/obesity/default.aspx?GT1=8307

I dont have to look at this to be able to say yes.

Yes what? Your state is overweight, or you are overweight? :tng:

The article seemed to imply that the southern states had more of a problem than other areas of the country, but I know the people in our state (Midwest) have a problem. Our governor has implemented a program to address the problem (which can be accessed through the internet), and he is a good example for the rest of us. He makes the effort to stay in good shape himself and really takes health issues seriously.

Is my state overweight? Well, since it's full of Rocky Mountains including a hefty 14,700' Mt. Rainier I do believe it is overweight. :D

If health costs were the responsibility of individuals purchasing competitive health plans on the free market instead of through employers or government programs, individual overweight would probably be much less of a problem.

ScreamingEagle said:
Is my state overweight? Well, since it's full of Rocky Mountains including a hefty 14,700' Mt. Rainier I do believe it is overweight. :D

If health costs were the responsibility of individuals purchasing competitive health plans on the free market instead of through employers or government programs, individual overweight would probably be much less of a problem.

Every time I see that jackass with the 30 lb. moustache telling everyone that their testing supplies are covered by Medicaire, I just can't help but think that he's part of the problem. Seriously, if being obese had a monthly fee, how much harder do you think people would work to get skinny.

Forum List

Back