Zone1 Is Your Body a Temple or a Graveyard?

Not really related, but for those who think "the Jews" (Judah) are Israel, read the prophecy Jesus quoted -- the full prophecy. Some will understand. Most won't:

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.
7 As at Adam,[b] they have broken the covenant;
they were unfaithful to me there.
8 Gilead is a city of evildoers,
stained with footprints of blood.
9 As marauders lie in ambush for a victim,
so do bands of priests;
they murder on the road to Shechem,
carrying out their wicked schemes.
10 I have seen a horrible thing in Israel:
There Ephraim is given to prostitution,
Israel is defiled.
11 “Also for you, Judah,
a harvest is appointed

Notice ISRAEL is not the same as JUDAH. Judah (the Jews) are one of the sons of Israel. There are a dozen sons of Israel. Israel and Judah are two separate Kingdoms

I can see that the carnist brainwashing is heavy in this thread. 😕

Which is to be expected, most of us grew up brainwashed in the same way.

What is truly sad to me is to see professed Christians fighting so hard for their "right" to be callous, violent, merciless, and completely dismissive of God's perfect will, which is peace and harmony among all creation. As it was in the beginning, and as it will be again one day (unfortunately for some on this thread) when God restores that peaceful herbivorous world that was HIS design and intent in the first place.

Romans 14

1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Great damage and COMPROMISE has been done to the Church by relaxing the requirements when they went to make GENTILE converts

It was the meat eating GENTILES who were/are weak in the faith. They are not following Jesus and the apostles in this. The same can be said about "Christians" who abandon GOD'S SABBATH for gentile Sunday

Last edited:
I can see that the carnist brainwashing is heavy in this thread. 😕

Which is to be expected, most of us grew up brainwashed in the same way.

What is truly sad to me is to see professed Christians fighting so hard for their "right" to be callous, violent, merciless, and completely dismissive of God's perfect will, which is peace and harmony among all creation. As it was in the beginning, and as it will be again one day (unfortunately for some on this thread) when God restores that peaceful herbivorous world that was HIS design and intent in the first place.
The thing is, this stuff is so easily knowable if you have the Spirit of the "nobel Bereans"

There ar so many reasons people resist change. I'm not going to "argue" this topic with people who aren't honest. I only want to present information to those who really are seeking TRUTH

How do you excuse the FACT that the prophets and Jesus and His disciples followed God's intent for Man concerning eating meat?
I know you love to "debate" this but you really have a shallow understanding on this topic.
I don't think the clear meaning of scripture is debatable.

The Passover meal was centered around a roasted lamb. I added it for the uninitiated.

Jesus WAS the lamb of God! HE gave His life as the once and for all sacrifice. If you really think that the GOOD shepherd who lays down His life for his sheep would slit their throat to eat them (animal sacrifice was a practice that has pagan orgins) then you really need to get to know Jesus more.

HE was the one who said:

Great damage and COMPROMISE has been done to the Church by relaxing the requirements when they went to make GENTILE converts

It was the meat eating GENTILES who were/are weak in the faith. They are not following Jesus and the apostles in this. The same can be said about "Christians" who abandon GOD'S SABBATH for gentile Sunday
Jesus fed the five thousand (Israelites) bread and fish. Fish is animal flesh.

Jesus WAS the lamb of God! HE gave His life as the once and for all sacrifice. If you really think that the GOOD shepherd who lays down His life for his sheep would slit their throat to eat them (animal sacrifice was a practice that has pagan orgins) then you really need to get to know Jesus more.

HE was the one who said:

Until Jesus' death an actual lamb was eaten at Passover. Jesus changed the symbols to bread and wine for his disciples only after the Passover lamb meal had been eaten. However, the Passover/lamb tradition was continued until the destruction of the temple and likely even after by the Jews. It took a while for the early church to learn, mainly by the teaching of Paul, that the old covenant rituals had been fulfilled by Christ.

Last edited:
Jesus fed the five thousand (Israelites) bread and fish. Fish is animal flesh.

When Jesus Himself recalled that incident (Matthew 16:8-10) He makes no mention of fish at all, just loaves.

Also a couple early Christian historians who recounted that miracle said nothing about fish, only bread.

I (and many others) believe that is evidence that it was a later interpolation.

Until Jesus' death an actual lamb was eaten at Passover. Jesus changed the symbols to bread and wine only after the Passover lamb meal had been eaten.

We were talking about Jesus, and the final Passover.

And you are lying. Nowhere in the bible does it say Jesus ate lamb. YOU are adding that to the text.

And btw, no, not all Jewish sects at that time partook in flesh eating and animal sacrifice. There were vegetarians, and there is historical evidence that James (Jesus' brother) and many of the disciples were vegetarian. Since the student is not greater than the Master, it is absurd to think that Jesus ate flesh....especially when it is clear He always has a heart for God's original design, and He was the only perfect, sinless human being who repeatedly taught MERCY.

When Jesus Himself recalled that incident (Matthew 16:8-10) He makes no mention of fish at all, just loaves.

Also a couple early Christian historians who recounted that miracle said nothing about fish, only bread.

I (and many others) believe that is evidence that it was a later interpolation.
There are many such 'interpolations' regarding Jesus and the eating of fish. Can you debunk all of them?

How do you excuse the FACT that the prophets and Jesus and His disciples followed God's intent for Man concerning eating meat?
I know you love to "debate" this but you really have a shallow understanding on this topic.

Why did Abraham serve a calf to the angels?

And you are lying. Nowhere in the bible does it say Jesus ate lamb. YOU are adding that to the text.

And btw, no, not all Jewish sects at that time partook in flesh eating and animal sacrifice. There were vegetarians, and there is historical evidence that James (Jesus' brother) and many of the disciples were vegetarian. Since the student is not greater than the Master, it is absurd to think that Jesus ate flesh....especially when it is clear He always has a heart for God's original design, and He was the only perfect, sinless human being who repeatedly taught MERCY.
Many scriptures support Jesus consuming fish. Also, why wouldn't a lamb, killed as a substitutionary sacrifice representing Christ, not be killed and eaten according to God's instructions?

They cooked and ate the sacrificed animals. Jews were prohibited from sacrificing anywhere except the temple.

CarlinAnnArbor

Alas, upon closer study of the entire context in the Gospels in their original Greek, I discovered that the idea that there was no lamb at the Last Supper is just not exegetically sustainable. Although the word “lamb” (Gk arnion) admittedly does not appear in any account of the words of institution, both Mark and Luke in particular explicitly testify that there was a Passover lamb (Gk pascha) at the Last Supper.

This is quite clear in the Gospel accounts—not first and foremost in the the words of institution—but in the accounts of Jesus sending the disciples (Peter and John) into Jerusalem to prepare the Passover (Mark 14:12-16 parr.)

“When they Sacrificed the Passover Lamb (Pascha)”

So, for example, in the Gospel of Mark, we read:

“And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the pascha, his disciples said to him, “Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the pascha”? And he sent two of his disciples, and said to them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you…” (Mark 14:12-13)

They cooked and ate the sacrificed animals. Jews were prohibited from sacrificing anywhere except the temple.

Who is "they"?

And since you have stated many times that you don't believe the Bible, and you always side with anti-Christian atheists and give their posts thumbs ups, and you have even cited a known satanist as a "source", why should I listen to anything you have to say?

Who is "they"?

And since you have stated many times that you don't believe the Bible, and you always side with anti-Christian atheists and give their posts thumbs ups, and you have even cited a known satanist as a "source", why should I listen to anything you have to say?

Paschal lamb, in Judaism, the lamb sacrificed at the first Passover, on the eve of the Exodus from Egypt, the most momentous event in Jewish history.

According to the story of the Passover (Exodus, chapter 12), the Jews marked their doorposts with the blood of the lamb, and this sign spared them from destruction.

In early Jewish history an unblemished year-old lamb sacrificed in the Temple of Jerusalem on the 14th of Nisan to commemorate the eve of the Exodus was later eaten by the family.

For those who had been impeded from visiting the Temple at the prescribed time, a second Passover festival was permitted a month later. In modern times Jews use a roasted shank bone at the seder (q.v.) meal as symbolic of the Paschal lamb. St. Paul, drawing a parallel with the sacrifice made by Jesus, referred to Christ as the Paschal lamb (I Corinthians 5:7); hence, the Christian view of Christ as the spotless Lamb of God who by his death freed mankind from the bonds of sin.

Forum List

Back