Is Wal-Mart hiring proselytizers now?

Maybe the OP should try to get along with people better. It doesn't hurt to listen to people. And you might make a friend.

Sooo...walmart checkers aren't allowed to talk about themselves?

Since when?

Not to captive audiences as with people in the checkout line no. Should be common sense. Wanna talk about it to co-workers in the breakroom I'd think that's protected speech. But proselytizing to customers who didn't volunteer to listen to such a message is probably a no-no both in company policies and just plain old manners.

lol You're not a 'captive audience' just because you're standing in line. You people are insane!!! lol

Since when?

Not to captive audiences as with people in the checkout line no. Should be common sense. Wanna talk about it to co-workers in the breakroom I'd think that's protected speech. But proselytizing to customers who didn't volunteer to listen to such a message is probably a no-no both in company policies and just plain old manners.

lol You're not a 'captive audience' just because you're standing in line. You people are insane!!! lol
You think that's an acceptable choice? That you either listen to a person's personal message and preaching when you don't want to or abandon your already completed shopping?

Since when?

You think that's an acceptable choice? That you either listen to a person's personal message and preaching when you don't want to or abandon your already completed shopping?

How about you practice some 'tolerance' for five minutes and go about your day if you don't want to change lines? Or tell the person you're not interested in talking about their personal faith? All of these claims of having others religion forced on people are mostly bullshit, it's a movement to attempt to control the speech of others. You are not entitled to be free from offense as you move about your day. What is your solution to this, should we appoint government employees to hang around in all areas of our lives and write tickets to those who offend others for whatever reason, something similar to the practice they have in Islamic countries where they monitor what people say and how women dress?

It's amusing to me that those on the left continue their crusade to marginalize people and attempt to force them to shut up about what they don't want to hear? How arrogant do you have to be to think you can control what others say to you?

Since when?

How about you practice some 'tolerance' for five minutes and go about your day if you don't want to change lines? Or tell the person you're not interested in talking about their personal faith? All of these claims of having others religion forced on people are mostly bullshit, it's a movement to attempt to control the speech of others. You are not entitled to be free from offense as you move about your day. What is your solution to this, should we appoint government employees to hang around in all areas of our lives and write tickets to those who offend others for whatever reason, something similar to the practice they have in Islamic countries where they monitor what people say and how women dress?

It's amusing to me that those on the left continue their crusade to marginalize people and attempt to force them to shut up about what they don't want to hear? How arrogant do you have to be to think you can control what others say to you?

Why does always have to be so one-sided?

You would not say this if the one doing the preaching was wearing a burqua or a head scarf.

Since when?

How about you practice some 'tolerance' for five minutes and go about your day if you don't want to change lines?
Why should I change? I'm there for legitimate business. Somone elses preaching about the glories of Allah, or Christ, or Marx (Karl, that is...I'm actually fine with preaching on the greatness of Groucho). What gives someone the right to use someone else's business to spread their personal message?
You are not entitled to be free from offense as you move about your day.
But you are entitled to use someone else's business to require people to listen to your personal beliefs as a price of doing business? I shouldn't have to change MY line or behavior or store because one employee decides to use his job to spout whatever. And, by the way, that applies to ALL personal beliefs, not just religion. I don't want to know his/her political philosophy, or anything not directly related to a product I'm buying. I will go elsewhere. Do you really think the employee's bosses would appreciate losing business due to an employee alienating customers?

Since when?

How about you practice some 'tolerance' for five minutes and go about your day if you don't want to change lines?
Why should I change? I'm there for legitimate business. Somone elses preaching about the glories of Allah, or Christ, or Marx (Karl, that is...I'm actually fine with preaching on the greatness of Groucho). What gives someone the right to use someone else's business to spread their personal message?
But you are entitled to use someone else's business to require people to listen to your personal beliefs as a price of doing business? I shouldn't have to change MY line or behavior or store because one employee decides to use his job to spout whatever. And, by the way, that applies to ALL personal beliefs, not just religion. I don't want to know his/her political philosophy, or anything not directly related to a product I'm buying. I will go elsewhere. Do you really think the employee's bosses would appreciate losing business due to an employee alienating customers?

So you're basically saying that you want to punish or restrict people for their speech because you're offended by it or don't wish to hear it? Who the hell do you think you are that you should restrict what someone else can say?

So go elsewhere, who cares? The 'tolerance' of the left. lol

Hey, I'm offended if I see two gay people holding hands in Walmart!!! Why would Walmart allow people like that into their store??? I shouldn't have to see that whenever I'm going there to conduct business!!!! I shouldn't have to change my behavior or store because people can't control their actions from offending me?????

Ridiculous!!!

Had an interesting guy at checkout mention how he was suicidal, found Jebus, and now is an ordained minister. Going to India to proselytize and gave me an earful about his faith. Was pretty sure if I'd mentioned it to a manager he'd be gone but I felt sorry for him. Going to India soon nayway, will be their problem then. :) But it begged the question, does Wal-Mart know when they hire especially religious people? Are they cool with that? It is the Bible belt afterall, probably gonna get a lot of those types. Still...

The religious are specifically identified as a protected class in Civil Rights and Equal Employment legislation ... Unlike those with sexual orientation or gender identification complaints.

But what the heck ... Tolerance is tolerance anyway right?

Hey, I'm offended if I see two gay people holding hands in Walmart!!! Why would Walmart allow people like that into their store??? I shouldn't have to see that whenever I'm going there to conduct business!!!! I shouldn't have to change my behavior or store because people can't control their actions from offending me?????

Ridiculous!!!

You said people should 'practice tolerance for five minutes'. Why couldn't you do the same for the gay couple holding hands?

If they're preaching at you that you should be gay - yes, I would object to that.

So you're basically saying that you want to punish or restrict people for their speech because you're offended by it or don't wish to hear it?
No, I'm saying nothing of the sort. And I'm pretty sure you actually know that.

Ridiculous!!!

You said people should 'practice tolerance for five minutes'. Why couldn't you do the same for the gay couple holding hands?

If they're preaching at you that you should be gay - yes, I would object to that.

Okay, that flew right over someone's head!!!

So you're basically saying that you want to punish or restrict people for their speech because you're offended by it or don't wish to hear it?

But it is, you want them silenced, you want Walmart to silence them so that you aren't offended. How is that different than wanting the government to do the same thing? The only thing stopping the government and you is our Bill of Rights, and thank God for that!

Ridiculous!!!

I got it. I just chose to feed your own intolerance back to you.

You chose to ignore that I said If they're preaching at you that you should be gay - yes, I would object to that.

I'm not a fan of being "chatted up" by cashiers no matter what the topic. I just do not respond and let them see my eyes glaze over.

I tend to talk to people but preach?

Never.

And I expect that same courtesy from others.

There's a time and place for everything.

But it is, you want them silenced, you want Walmart to silence them so that you aren't offended. How is that different than wanting the government to do the same thing? The only thing stopping the government and you is our Bill of Rights, and thank God for that!

Actually, Walmart wants them silenced.

They even employ spies who try to get the clerks to talk - albeit, mostly about WM practices. Nonetheless, that clerk would be out if caught preaching to a shopper.

Ridiculous!!!

I got it. I just chose to feed your own intolerance back to you.

You chose to ignore that I said If they're preaching at you that you should be gay - yes, I would object to that.

But it's not my intolerance... never mind, clearly wasting my time... some things are just too difficult for others to grasp. lol

I'm not a fan of being "chatted up" by cashiers no matter what the topic. I just do not respond and let them see my eyes glaze over.

I tend to talk to people but preach?

Never.

And I expect that same courtesy from others.

There's a time and place for everything.

Aren't you 'preaching' when you say you expect the same courtesy from others? You're telling them how to behave, you expect them to behave a certain way, do you not? It may not be 'religious' preaching, but it's still preaching. lol

Actually I take that back, it is preaching, 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. Guess that makes you as guilty as everyone else!

Forum List

Back