Is this the end of our democracy?

You would have to get a step ladder, internet warrior. :auiqs.jpg:
You have your opinion, and can't do a damn thing about it, foreigner.

I'd kick him in the shins then!
Funny thing is, neither can you..
I'll just vote for him in 2020. Something you can't do is.....vote
Seems like a you problem. Repeat voters have no excuse.
MAGA.........live with it TDS'er
^Reduced to pathetic burping. Clear sign of final trumpitis.

Thing is, none of the evidence is fabricated....
So an overhead phone call is an impeachable offense, but shipping a billion dollars IN CASH to a terrorist state is no big deal. Is that about right Doctor?

Yep to the first if it is proven.
As for the cash, Obama was settling a debt. Nothing wrong with that. Totally legal..

$1.7-billion payment to Iran was all in cash due to effectiveness of sanctions, White House says
Treasury Department spokeswoman Dawn Selak said in a statement late Tuesday that the cash payments were necessary because of the “effectiveness of U.S. and international sanctions,” which isolated Iran from the international finance system.

The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a decades-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran. An initial $400 million of euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currency was delivered on pallets Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners.

It's worked nicely over the centuries. Every state gets to be represented.

I get that. Unfortunately if I live in Texas or California my EC vote is worth less than if I live in Alaska or Idaho. Great system...<rolls eyes>..
Move to Alaska or Idaho.
There is no perfect government, and yes, yours is no different, but with ours every state is represented.
Every state wouldn't be represented if you had your way, and all you would say is...."too bad".

Yeah, mob rule doesn't work well, at least 5 states can't dictate an election every 4 years.

I think there are about three to five swing states. And they absolutely dictate every election.
Yes, with our electoral college in place, it wouldn't be that way with just a democratic government

Move to Alaska or Idaho.
There is no perfect government, and yes, yours is no different, but with ours every state is represented.
Every state wouldn't be represented if you had your way, and all you would say is...."too bad".

Why? Do those smaller states not get to vote?
Why would a politician even care what those small states want or need, just stick to the big ticket
states and give them whatever they demand. It's not a simple as what you try to peddle

Why would a politician even care what those small states want or need, just stick to the big ticket
states and give them whatever they demand. It's not a simple as what you try to peddle

And how does the EC under its current form stop that? Hell, Clinton didn't even visit a couple of mid-sized states and look what it cost her. I don't recall many presidents in waiting visiting Maine, Alaska, Hawaii etc pre election. It's a fallacy that any presidential candidate gives a shit about those states. All that matters are the swing states.

Obama this Trump that Bush this Clinton that and on and on and on. Most people are smart enough not to care all that much. They vote after that well it's about the entertainment value.

It's when people stop caring that you know your country is truly fucked.

The dems corral of mules running for the CIC would do far more harm to this nation than anything Trump could dream up.

No, they would not. Even the worst of them would be infinitely better than Trump. And I don't even know who the worst of them is. Yes, Trump is that bad. He is a laughing stock. He is as dumb as a rock. He is a disgusting human being. He is narcissistic. He is bloviated. I could honestly write for the next 15 minutes and not run out of any bad descriptive adjectives to describe this piece of human excrement.

He is the only politician, if he wasn't so old, I would publicly slap in the face (if it was legal). He is a disgrace to the great US of A...
Maybe you shouldn't vote for him then.

Oh, wait -- you don't get a vote.

Bummer, dude.

And how does the EC under its current form stop that? Hell, Clinton didn't even visit a couple of mid-sized states and look what it cost her. I don't recall many presidents in waiting visiting Maine, Alaska, Hawaii etc pre election. It's a fallacy that any presidential candidate gives a shit about those states. All that matters are the swing states.
You don't get it, Grump, I guess you would have to live here a few decades to understand it.
It comes down to you don't have to win the popular vote to win an election, you can by a large margin in the electoral college.
The old hag lost because she was lazy and it wasn't the swing states, it was the blue wall that she lost.

Last edited:
If the Democrats successfully remove President Trump from office will it mean be the end of our Representative Constitutional Democracy?
Because if they can get away with totally fabricing evidence for an impeachment, they will do it again and again until we are a one party country.
What do you think it will mean?

I think they will not be successful, but that the event will give them a scoshe more room in their jeans.

Trump visited Maine 3-4 times in 2016. It goes by their internal polling which states he can afford to pass and which ones he needs to concentrate on.

If the Democrats successfully remove President Trump from office will it mean be the end of our Representative Constitutional Democracy?
Because if they can get away with totally fabricing evidence for an impeachment, they will do it again and again until we are one party country.
What do you think it will mean?
If we DON'T Impeach this criminal it will be the end of our democracy
List the laws he has broke, Chicken Little

Good luck with that.

It's been asked here 147,000 times and the only responses beyond name-calls and insults (neither of which do I have a problem with :)) have been razberries, farts, grunts, drooling and crack head impressions.

[
You don't get it, Grump, I guess you would have to live here a few decades to understand it.
It comes down to you don't have to win the popular vote to win an election, you can by a large margin in the electoral college.
The old hag lost because she was lazy and it wasn't the swing states, it was the blue wall that she lost.

it's a very easy system to understand. I just think it is antiquated. And I agree, that is why she lost.

Forum List

Back