Zone1 Is there anyone on here who's a sociologist ?

Like I said, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Try as you may, it just doesn't work. Your argument is not with me, it's Worth science.
Sociology is not science.

Science involves postulating a theory, testing that theory, and arriving with results that are consistent no matter who replicates them.

Sociology is not science.

Science involves postulating a theory, testing that theory, and arriving with results that are consistent no matter who replicates them.
Sociology - the scientific study of society including social interaction and culture. I believe you're at odds with the world.

Speaking of minds. I believe that what you just said only exists in your mind. Good luck with that. Just because you say something I don't think you're going to change the world. But that's your reality, you're going to have to live with that.
'lol fuck off fag; you aren't on my list of sane posters.

Is there anybody on here who's a sociologist, who is neither Democrat or Republican leaning ? A true independent that's not biased. I'm hoping there's at least one. Please reply. Thank you, Stan

I'm your girl. I'm about as middle of the road as it gets.

Pretty sure.

Or something.

Is there beer?

I'm your girl. I'm about as middle of the road as it gets.

Pretty sure.

Or something.

Is there beer?
Thank you again
I had given up hope. I already posted my thoughts on the site that repeatedly says January 6th January 6th January 6th. It's listed under politics.
I finally read through most of the speech that Trump gave at the White House before the attack on the Capitol. There's a good transcript of the whole speech on NPR. Anyway, it was very long and boring but I noticed that trump kept repeating certain words like I know, you know, and you know, etc. And he repeated the same complaints over and over. I know both parties are practicing indoctrination, but while I was reading this I felt like it was something more. Like it could brainwash someone, creating a cult-like situation. And the way people defend Trump and disregard all his faults, I figured there had to be something to this. I wanted an independent professional opinion on it. There's only virtual beer, and it's gone flat. But you'd have my undying appreciation if you could comment on it and read it yourself and evaluate the situation. Maybe that's why he's such a good con man. Although he does not appeal to me at all, he seems to have a lot of charisma to some people. All the pieces seem to fit to me. Take your time and let me know what you think I'd appreciate it. Again many thanks for responding. If all these words don't come out right on the post because I use a voice machine and they don't get all the words right it's not because I'm illiterate or something. After I post it I'm going to edit it if there's a lot of mistakes so maybe by the time you read this it will be better. Done editing

Thank you again
I had given up hope. I already posted my thoughts on the site that repeatedly says January 6th January 6th January 6th. It's listed under politics.
I finally read through most of the speech that Trump gave at the White House before the attack on the Capitol. There's a good transcript of the whole speech on NPR. Anyway, it was very long and boring but I noticed that trump kept repeating certain words like I know, you know, and you know, etc. And he repeated the same complaints over and over. I know both parties are practicing indoctrination, but while I was reading this I felt like it was something more. Like it could brainwash someone, creating a cult-like situation. And the way people defend Trump and disregard all his faults, I figured there had to be something to this. I wanted an independent professional opinion on it. There's only virtual beer, and it's gone flat. But you'd have my undying appreciation if you could comment on it and read it yourself and evaluate the situation. Maybe that's why he's such a good con man. Although he does not appeal to me at all, he seems to have a lot of charisma to some people. All the pieces seem to fit to me. Take your time and let me know what you think I'd appreciate it. Again many thanks for responding. If all these words don't come out right on the post because I use a voice machine and they don't get all the words right it's not because I'm illiterate or something. After I post it I'm going to edit it if there's a lot of mistakes so maybe by the time you read this it will be better. Done editing

I lied when I said I'm middle of the road. I figured you'd know.

I think you need to read up and really research brain washing and what it entails. It's truly much more than politicians spewing propaganda.

I lied when I said I'm middle of the road. I figured you'd know.

I think you need to read up and really research brain washing and what it entails. It's truly much more than politicians spewing propaganda.
I did read up on it, and he's using a lot of the techniques. Sorry you're a liar too. Good luck with that.

A Fascist government uses big business to suppress the rights of their own citizens.

Ex: Biden/Twitter/Facebook
Trump gave businesses and the rich unending tax breaks. I can't think of anything more fascist than that.

The current problem with CRT today is unlike in the 1930s racism is not as prevalent as it was and what some see as racism is simply "othering" which is an ingrained element of our psyche. Overcome-able but still ingrained. The biggest problem with CRT today is it is used more for sociopolitical advantage then actually what it was intended to do which is why the backlash is so strong. Unfortunately one cannot separate the all too normal (if inappropriate) misapplication for sociopolitical gain over the "others".
You see, attempting to codify sociological elements and movements without a working knowledge of psychology, cultural anthropology and history is akin to baking a cake without all the necessary ingredients.
You can't properly define one without the others.
And that's all I have to say on the matter.

The current problem with CRT today is unlike in the 1930s racism is not as prevalent as it was and what some see as racism is simply "othering" which is an ingrained element of our psyche. Overcome-able but still ingrained. The biggest problem with CRT today is it is used more for sociopolitical advantage then actually what it was intended to do which is why the backlash is so strong. Unfortunately one cannot separate the all too normal (if inappropriate) misapplication for sociopolitical gain over the "others".
You see, attempting to codify sociological elements and movements without a working knowledge of psychology, cultural anthropology and history is akin to baking a cake without all the necessary ingredients.
You can't properly define one without the others.
And that's all I have to say on the matter.
We are all entitled to our opinions.

Look up "othering" AKA Use vs Them, if you don't agree with the science then I can't help you.
I'm familiar with the " us versus them." Concept, did you ever listen to a trump speech, that's all it is. It's something ignorant people do.

I'm familiar with the " us versus them." Concept, did you ever listen to a trump speech, that's all it is. It's something ignorant people do.
Exactly. What interesting is he's not alone, all sides do it based on their own confirmation bias. That's why I don't get involved in politics any longer, both sides hoist their own petards and are the ultimate hypocrites who forget that when they're pointing fingers four more a pointing back at them. Careful, your lofty pedestal is planted on sand.

Exactly. What interesting is he's not alone, all sides do it based on their own confirmation bias. That's why I don't get involved in politics any longer, both sides hoist their own petards and are the ultimate hypocrites who forget that when they're pointing fingers four more a pointing back at them. Careful, your lofty pedestal is planted on sand.
I only get into politics on this one site. And I've been doing too much of it lately. It doesn't change anything, and it wastes a lot of time. I don't know how people are here, do this constantly day after day. It's not conducive to healthy living. I plan to cut back. That would be a great New Year's resolution. Thanks have a good night.

I only get into politics on this one site. And I've been doing too much of it lately. It doesn't change anything, and it wastes a lot of time. I don't know how people aren't here do this constantly day after day. It's not conducive to healthy living. I plan to cut back. That would be a great New Year's resolution.
Again it's human nature that has been proven over and over since before recorded history. We give lip service to "we're only human with the all encompassing human foibles and failings" but claim we're better than all the rest. The vast majority will never truly come to grips with their own "humanity" because as emotive creatures it can be devastating to our psyche if we do. I used to be like that but I've found while it's unimaginably humbling it's also unimaginably liberating. Does that mean I've reached a nirvana? No, I'm still human with all my prides and prejudices, I'm just more adept at recognizing them for what they are and laughing at myself.
Of course I'm still waiting to undergo the Kolinahr............. :cool:

Forum List

Back