Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?

Then you must only speak to zealots. Or to reactionaries. Fun fact, they occupy both the right and left. I have left some Trump supporters apoplectic over the years. All without uttering the word "racist". I don't need to.
Your belief system can be destroyed easily. And it's always the Trump supporters that are the quickest to threaten violence, especially if they don't get their way.
And they whine incessantly.

Why do I have to explain to YOU - who already in this threas called me a racist - why I preferred Trump to Biden? The PURPOSE of the thread is to discuss how to deal with Democrats who demean Trump voters, especially in group settings.
Trump is a traitor. How else can you deal with supporters of a traitor. He’s a lunatic. Supporters of lunatics have to expect guilt by association accusations.

My problem is that I’m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since it’s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
It can't be comfortable to feel stupid and outmatched all the time.

Oh! Just look at you trying to b-b-b-b-b-b-but!
Everyone-Laughing-At-You.png
Also you idiots are no longer getting your vaccinations so the next bad variant that comes along we're gonna screw it up again....

We all watched onTV. Sedition is like that. Trump wanted to go to the Capitol too! Poor America. Dupe.
You are the dupe...or worse. Your side set america on fire with antifa/blm riots/looting/burning/shooting during Trump admin and you say nothing. NOTHING. Now you disingenuously want to claim insurrection. You are very transparent......or stupid.

1663633520193.png

Last edited:
My problem is that I’m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since it’s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
I hate them

The problem with that is that it encourages more of the Democrats’ false basis for hatred.

Let’s say, for example, that you were having dinner with someone and they started saying that Jews were greedy bastards or blacks were lazy idiots. Would you respond either of the ways that you suggested?

Now that I think about it, the best response might be to say, with a hint of annoyance, “I’d prefer to keep politics out of it.” That way, the Trump-voter hater knows they’ve just insulted a nIce, intelligent Trump-voter and that they were arrogant in assuming everyone agrees with them.
Why not change the subject and redirect the conversation, you know, like normal people would (it’s what I do with hateful rightwing crap, no rudeness, no hurt feelings). Don’t answer…this is really just yet another thread to spew your anti-left bile Rather than an earnest attempt to resolve an awkward situation.

Why not change the subject and redirect the conversation, you know, like normal people would (it’s what I do with hateful rightwing crap, no rudeness, no hurt feelings). Don’t answer…this is really just yet another thread to spew your anti-left bile Rather than an earnest attempt to resolve an awkward situation.
You talk about my “anti-left bile” and “hateful right wing crap”…..and then criticize me for not making an earnest attempt to resolve the situation? The nastiness and hostility and disdain in your reply to me - along with your expressed hatred for people on the right - shows how difficult it is to deal with obnoxious liberals who criticize Trump voters in a group setting without knowing how the people present vote.

Forum List

Back