Is there a reason the Democratic Party is uniform?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
I've noticed that the Republican party has schisms and arguments within their own party quite often, and the Democrats exploit that and say "they're at war with each other, they're unorganized, they are falling apart!"

In my opinion, that's the sign of a healthy party (although I despise most of the Republican party anyway lol, so I should say "healthier party" instead of "healthy"), whereas a party that has no large divisions within itself appears to be more like a "programmed" or "robotic" party that accepts everything their leadership says as absolute.

I've noticed that the Republican party has schisms and arguments within their own party quite often, and the Democrats exploit that and say "they're at war with each other, they're unorganized, they are falling apart!"

In my opinion, that's the sign of a healthy party (although I despise most of the Republican party anyway lol, so I should say "healthier party" instead of "healthy"), whereas a party that has no large divisions within itself appears to be more like a "programmed" or "robotic" party that accepts everything their leadership says as absolute.

one word

drones

one word

drones

If often sounds that way, especially during their primaries and caucuses.

Come on, let's be honest, A Republican debate between their candidates is so much more fun to listen to than Democrats, who agree on practically everything.

That being said, Obama and Romney pretty much agreed on everything during their debates, and struggled and manufactured differences.

Divide and conquer. Democrats try not to show weakness or fracturing because it makes them look more like the "solid" party. They can then exploit that by telling your average Republican citizen, "Look, your party is falling apart! Join us, we don't have these problems!" It's basic warfare: You puff yourself up to look bigger than the other guy.

Republicans have gotten a bad rap lately - much of it is justified, much of it isn't - and I'm certain that strain wears on you, if only on a subconscious level. By looking bigger and "better" (I use that term highly subjectively), the Democrats can get a bigger vote.

Or I'm crazy.

one word

drones

Come on, let's be honest, A Republican debate between their candidates is so much more fun to listen to than Democrats, who agree on practically everything.

That being said, Obama and Romney pretty much agreed on everything during their debates, and struggled and manufactured differences.

that is why romney lost

most folks of the right considered him to be a lefty at heart

he had is own obamacare

he was for an AWB

here is the odd thing

we picked a guy to run against obama

that lost to McCain the first time about

figure that one out

--LOL

one word

drones

I strongly disagree.

Groups that always seem to side with Democrats:
Blacks- the civil rights era legacy
Hispanics- the immigration issue
Gays- obvious reasons
Environmentalists- again, obvious reasons
Higher ed- not sure why, just do

Groups that NEWLY seem to side with Dems, or, just anti-GOP
Most women- the abortion issue and "binders of women" rubbed them wrong
Cops/Firemen- The Tea Party attack on government workers, sadly, included these groups
Teachers- They've been 50/50 to me in the past. But now, they realize the GOP will slash budgets at any cost
Some military- slowly but surely, some military folks are turning away from the GOP. They realize that they'll be sent to war, a lot, probably not be taken care of when they get back, and do it all for the sake of.......well, defense contract money and oil. Add to that the GOP's slow drift towards radicalization, where they see the military as a potential enemy and a drain on tax money......and this slow turn of the military is beginning.

So, the Dems do seem to be a big tent party. Many are refugees from the newly batshit nuts GOP.

one word

drones

I strongly disagree.

Gays- obvious reasons

Cops/Firemen- The Tea Party attack on government workers, sadly, included these groups
Teachers- They've been 50/50 to me in the past. But now, they realize the GOP will slash budgets at any cost
Some military- slowly but surely, some military folks are turning away from the GOP. They realize that they'll be sent to war, a lot, probably not be taken care of when they get back, and do it all for the sake of.......well, defense contract money and oil. Add to that the GOP's slow drift towards radicalization, where they see the military as a potential enemy and a drain on tax money......and this slow turn of the military is beginning.

So, the Dems do seem to be a big tent party. Many are refugees from the newly batshit nuts GOP.

they have been mostly over time been fed a bunch of bs

No it makes sense to most people and is a legitimate tactic --- the problem is that most people interpret it that way and don't realize the hive thinking is the most dangerous thinking.

I for one love disagreements within a group. Hivemind thinking is dangerous, but on the flip side it does show a solidarity that your opponents might lack.

You see this all the time in the scientific world: you'll have a large group of scientists who all agree on something (say, that FTL is impossible), then you have a guy (Harold White) who says "No, FTL is possible, with an Alcubierre (Warp) Drive!" (One of many articles on the matter) And suddenly that one dissenter has reinvigorated a whole field of science.

that is why romney lost

most folks of the right considered him to be a lefty at heart

he had is own obamacare

he was for an AWB

here is the odd thing

we picked a guy to run against obama

that lost to McCain the first time about

figure that one out

--LOL

Basically this. Romney was basically White Obama.

one word

drones

I strongly disagree.

Gays- obvious reasons

Yes, there are a lot of differences (socially) between Democrats and Republicans.

However, when I say that they agreed on most things, I meant the THINGS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER.

They love big government, they love Keynesian economics and fictional budgets. They love to create privileges for one categorization of citizens; whilst denying and disparaging the rights of others.

The enumeration of certain rights, in this Constitution, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

It seems that both parties have an issue with the Ninth Amendment, the most important Amendment --- the amendment that cements the foundation of our Constitution into the bedrock of Natural Rights.

Last edited:

I strongly disagree.

Gays- obvious reasons

Yes, there are a lot of differences (socially) between Democrats and Republicans.

However, when I say that they agreed on most things, I meant the THINGS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER.

They love big government, they love Keynesian economics and fictional budgets. They love to create privileges for one categorization of citizens; whilst denying and disparaging the rights of others.

The enumeration of certain rights, in this Constitution, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

It seems that both parties have an issue with the Ninth Amendment, the most important Amendment --- the amendment that cements the foundation of our Constitution into the bedrock of Natural Rights.

Well, "things that actually matter" is defined differently by everyone. I dont think Democrats all agree on things that matter a lot. Gun laws. War. Gay marriage. Immigration.

But they do tend to unite in seeing the government having a strong role in our society. In some ways, I agree. Others, not as much.

The Democratic Party has plenty of diversity, especially when it comes to economic policy. Where most people in the Democratic Party tend to be in agreement is on social issues. As for the Republican Party, they used to be a party of diversity, but the extreme right has become so vocal and vile that they are chasing away most Republicans that don't agree with them 100%.

It may just seem that way because of the current disarray in the Republican party. Traditionally it's been the other way around. As Will Rogers once said, "I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." Check out some video on what went on inside the '68 convention.

Success at the polls breeds contentment, I guess, while the Republicans are trying to figure out what wrong and that breeds contention.

The liberal mindset is that everybody should think like I do....plain and simple. They tend to be sheeple, comforting each other with docile agreement with whatever is passed down from their dear leader. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Democrats tend to be liberals.

one word

drones
I would use "clones".

one word

drones

Yes...that's it.....*snicker

You've never attended a Democratic party caucus or precinct meeting, have you? That party is a LONG way from being uniform!

It's a hive mind thing. They silently disagree in certain areas, but if you group them together, you get the democrat model - Group Think.

No it makes sense to most people and is a legitimate tactic --- the problem is that most people interpret it that way and don't realize the hive thinking is the most dangerous thinking.

There is no such thing as a hive mind in either party.

It's a hive mind thing. They silently disagree in certain areas, but if you group them together, you get the democrat model - Group Think.

That is not hive mind, you idiot. It's the exact same thing with the republicans... they disagree on things and compete within but THEY ARE A PARTY, and when it comes to national goals their party is operated as a single entity.

EXACTLY the same with republicans.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back