Is The Pending Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump UnConstitutional? (Poll)

Will there be a Senate Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump, or won't there?

• No, Justice Roberts will adjourn the "trial" as unconstitutional

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Yes, the democrats will hold a Senate trial with or without Justice Roberts

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No, Alan Dershowitz will present a motion of dismissal as unconstitutional, and Roberts will agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Justice Roberts will allow the trial to proceed before ruling on constitutionality

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No, Nancy will decide that sending the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate is counterproductive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Schumer will insist that the Articles sent from the House MUST have a trial

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other outcome, I'll descrbe in my post

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Although I would love for the democrats to waste a month or two on an impeachment trial that will never get 67 votes, I need to point out the simple fact that the US Constitution limits impeachment to "office holders", which Trump is not.

"...the American impeachment process is remedial, not penal: it is limited to office holders, and judgments are limited to no more than removal from office and disqualification to hold future office."

So the impeachment trial, or not, is a win-win for Trump and the GOP, because the democrats will lose votes during the "illegal" trial.
It shows how stupid democrats are, the party that thinks the island of Guam will capsize, and are happy wasting the senate's time.

So what cards are left to play by both parties and Chief Justice Roberts?

"It is limited to office holders" - Where does it say it doesn't apply to former office holders? Doesn't really matter to me actually as long as they get a censure which bans him from ever holding another elected office.

Besides, Twice Impeached Trump will always and forever be Twice Impeached Trump. And he managed that in one term, a record that is highly unlikely to ever be broken. :)

If Congress can impeach former Presidents, why not impeach Bush and Cheney? Or impeach deceased Presidents like Reagan and Nixon?

And when the R's get in , they can impeach FDR and Woodrow Wilson for Racism? And Truman for his membership in the Triple K.

You people are dangerously prone to exaggeration. The articles of impeachment were drawn up prior to Emperor Donald leaving office and they involve an incident of sedition and insurrection against the United States of America. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley need to be tossed out on their ear as well for the same crime.

If we cannot hold pols liable for high crimes and misdemeanors in their final days, then imagine what happens when another authoritarian populist more clever than Rump takes office and waits until their final days AFTER they've lost an election to commit their most heinous crimes.

Why should Jimmy Carter escape justice for his heinous crime of fucking up my country?

And FDR's Jim Crow Army was un fucking constitutional. Why shouldn't he be tried as well?

The punishment for conviction is expulsion from office, Trump isn't in the office, he can't be expelled.

But , actually, I agree with the idea of a trial. Puts Trump on the Front Page, forces Republicans to toe the Trump line, and installs Trump as undisputed front runner in 2024 after he is exonerated.

Ehhh no, the punishment for conviction is CONVICTION. And never being able to hold another elected office.
Jimmy Carter was not a great president, but he was a man of integrity and generally underrated.

Jimmy Carter fucked up our country. Did you see what happened to the economy, interest rates, oil prices, unemployment during the Carter Regime?

Shouldn't he be punished for it?

How about Roosevelt? Is a Jim Crow Army "ok"? We embarrassed ourselves, Mr. Hitler was laughing at our hypocrisy. We said we were fighting for fair play and against German discrimination against the Jews in the Holocaust, but we were discriminating ourselves.

Don't even compare Carter's level of fuckupery to Trump's. Our country is in a hot mess at present. Never worse in my political lifetime although Nixon did come real close.

Although I would love for the democrats to waste a month or two on an impeachment trial that will never get 67 votes, I need to point out the simple fact that the US Constitution limits impeachment to "office holders", which Trump is not.

"...the American impeachment process is remedial, not penal: it is limited to office holders, and judgments are limited to no more than removal from office and disqualification to hold future office."

So the impeachment trial, or not, is a win-win for Trump and the GOP, because the democrats will lose votes during the "illegal" trial.
It shows how stupid democrats are, the party that thinks the island of Guam will capsize, and are happy wasting the senate's time.

"It is limited to office holders" - Where does it say it doesn't apply to former office holders? Doesn't really matter to me actually as long as they get a censure which bans him from ever holding another elected office.

Besides, Twice Impeached Trump will always and forever be Twice Impeached Trump. And he managed that in one term, a record that is highly unlikely to ever be broken. :)

If Congress can impeach former Presidents, why not impeach Bush and Cheney? Or impeach deceased Presidents like Reagan and Nixon?

And when the R's get in , they can impeach FDR and Woodrow Wilson for Racism? And Truman for his membership in the Triple K.

You people are dangerously prone to exaggeration. The articles of impeachment were drawn up prior to Emperor Donald leaving office and they involve an incident of sedition and insurrection against the United States of America. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley need to be tossed out on their ear as well for the same crime.

If we cannot hold pols liable for high crimes and misdemeanors in their final days, then imagine what happens when another authoritarian populist more clever than Rump takes office and waits until their final days AFTER they've lost an election to commit their most heinous crimes.

Why should Jimmy Carter escape justice for his heinous crime of fucking up my country?

And FDR's Jim Crow Army was un fucking constitutional. Why shouldn't he be tried as well?

The punishment for conviction is expulsion from office, Trump isn't in the office, he can't be expelled.

But , actually, I agree with the idea of a trial. Puts Trump on the Front Page, forces Republicans to toe the Trump line, and installs Trump as undisputed front runner in 2024 after he is exonerated.

Ehhh no, the punishment for conviction is CONVICTION. And never being able to hold another elected office.
Jimmy Carter was not a great president, but he was a man of integrity and generally underrated.

Jimmy Carter fucked up our country. Did you see what happened to the economy, interest rates, oil prices, unemployment during the Carter Regime?

Shouldn't he be punished for it?

How about Roosevelt? Is a Jim Crow Army "ok"? We embarrassed ourselves, Mr. Hitler was laughing at our hypocrisy. We said we were fighting for fair play and against German discrimination against the Jews in the Holocaust, but we were discriminating ourselves.

Don't even compare Carter's level of fuckupery to Trump's. Our country is in a hot mess at present. Never worse in my political lifetime although Nixon did come real close.

Nixon wasn't even close to what the democrats are pulling now. Their oligarchs are controlling the media and free speech, 1-party rule, demonizing Trump voters as insurrectionists and racists. The good news is that Xiden is fucking things up already, so 2022 and 2024 look good for the GOP.
Trump's presidency was a miracle in itself, the biggest upset in US election history. Hillary and the DNC actually colluded with and paid Russians for "dirt" on Trump, the "Steele Dossier". Obama used the power of the DOJ, FBI, CIA and other Federal agencies to illegally spy on and setup Trump for failure. Operations Crossfire Hurricane and Razor, the Mueller Investigation, Russian Collusion Hoax, the MSM's constant 95% negative coverage and "fake news", Never-Trump Republicans, the Lincoln Project, globalists of every stripe, the entrenched Deep State who all oppose Trump's policies, the planted leakers and whistle-blowers, and the RINOs who'd rather shill for K-Street than work for main street. Then add to all of that the outright hatred shown by the House democrats toward Trump, to the point of "non-crime" Impeachment Articles, twice!!

Antifa can riot in Seattle, Portland, and Denver and the MSM doesn't even report it, but spin the DC protest into an "insurrection"?? Remember the BLM/antifa riots from last summer?

1611332514648.png

How come you don't care when Trump acts unconstitutionally?

The “election wasn’t stolen,” she flatly declared. “There was a judicial process in place. If you attack the judicial process and you attack the rule of law, you aren’t defending the Constitution. You’re at war with the Constitution,” the lawmaker added. “For us as a party going forward, we have to embrace the Constitution and we also have to put forward positive solutions.”

Cheney also spoke about fellow Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), calling the sex trafficking allegations against him “sickening.”

A PRESIDENT NOT IN OFFICE FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND YOU CHICKEN SHIT COWARD democRats are still scared of him. THAT IS WHY WE ALL KNOW THE ELECTION WAS A FRAUD. i just hope the population remembers what democRats do to the nation, FUCK IT ALL UP to the point they will be hunted down with a $25.00 bounty on every right ear. IT'S CALLED JUSTICE.

How come you don't care when Trump acts unconstitutionally?

The “election wasn’t stolen,” she flatly declared. “There was a judicial process in place. If you attack the judicial process and you attack the rule of law, you aren’t defending the Constitution. You’re at war with the Constitution,” the lawmaker added. “For us as a party going forward, we have to embrace the Constitution and we also have to put forward positive solutions.”

Cheney also spoke about fellow Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), calling the sex trafficking allegations against him “sickening.”

democRats say Trump is against the Constitution. How the fuck would these slugs that don't know a damn thing about the Constitution when they couldn't tell the difference between it and the Communist Manifesto. Tell ya what for any violation of Trump is guilty of which he isnt I will give you 5 of every democrat to serve as president since LBJ. The only thing you know about the constitution is some lower life form told you Trump was always breaking it but never giving the offence because there ain't one. Total bull shit. That should be the demos new slogan. Here I got your impeachment ,,l,O

Last edited:
democRats say Trump is against the Constitution. How the fuck would these slugs that don't know a damn thing about the Constitution when they couldn't tell the difference between it and the Communist Manifesto. Tell ya what for any violation of Trump is guilty of which he isnt I will give you 5 of every democrat to serve as president since LBJ. The only thing you know about the constitution is some lower life form told you Trump was always breaking it but never giving the offence because there ain't one. Total bull shit. That should be the demos new slogan. Here I got your impeachment ,,l,O
You're stupid. If you asked GW Bush what is and isn't constitutional, he would disagree with both Trump and Obama. It seems like we can point to times that you wipe your ass with the constitution. When do we do it? I'll admit it if what they are doing is unconstitutional. Like you might think mask mandates are unconstitutional but you're a wacko.

You right wingers are unhinged.

A PRESIDENT NOT IN OFFICE FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND YOU CHICKEN SHIT COWARD democRats are still scared of him. THAT IS WHY WE ALL KNOW THE ELECTION WAS A FRAUD. i just hope the population remembers what democRats do to the nation, FUCK IT ALL UP to the point they will be hunted down with a $25.00 bounty on every right ear. IT'S CALLED JUSTICE.
We want him to run and to be the asshole that he is.

Is that clear

Forum List

Back