IS the main stream media responsible for these riots?

Ever since Edward Murrow, the media has taken up this mantel as the ombudsman, the VOICE of the people. The media has rather ambiguous intentions. We can go back to the muckrakers, Ida Tarbel or Nast VS Tammany hall. Or the Hearst newspaper syndicate that sired up the war against Spain in 1898. Modern mainstream media for that matter they have a lot of power to manipulate opinion.
lol

No.
lol. Yes.

Ever since Edward Murrow, the media has taken up this mantel as the ombudsman, the VOICE of the people. The media has rather ambiguous intentions. We can go back to the muckrakers, Ida Tarbel or Nast VS Tammany hall. Or the Hearst newspaper syndicate that sired up the war against Spain in 1898. Modern mainstream media for that matter they have a lot of power to manipulate opinion.
lol

No.
lol. Yes.
Modern mainstream media for that matter they have a lot of power to manipulate opinion.
If our media told folks to hop around on one foot, and bark like a dog most Americans would not only oblige , they'd be barking at those whom refused to do so.....~S~
I've seen the main stream media artificially focus on race when it was tangential. White bus driver accidental runs over a black guy, it was just an accident. But wait a minute, a few black loudmouth black kids in the back of the bus lied and milked attention of the press, they get on the 5 o'clock news never mind they never saw a damned thing they said they did, they made it all up . I stood behind the driver! The media never interview me, I guess I wan't dark skinned or loud enough. So you have to take everything the media reports with a grain of salt. PS: the black boys that lied about this, the police had warrants out for them the next day for false reporting or some such, but our wonderful media never corrected their story, this was back in 1983. I lost all respect for the media then.

I just want to know, What agency, what watchdog group is keeping and eye on the media? They have a lot of power, and they need some oversight. Police or government has some sort of controls, but WHO is watching the WATCHERS? To paraphrase WR Hearstand their splendid little wars...

I just want to know, What agency, what watchdog group is keeping and eye on the media? They have a lot of power, and they need some oversight. Police or government has some sort of controls, but WHO is watching the WATCHERS? To paraphrase WR Hearstand their splendid little wars...
That would be our FCC, which Michael Powell (Colin's kid) deregulated back a while ago

media-consolidation-the-illusion-of-choice-media-has-never-been-23143596.png

~S~

As bad as the media are, they are not responsible for the insurrection.

The very, very, very bad individuals who are looting and starting fires and shooting at cops are responsible.

Sadly the media has a right, and they can distort the news at their convenience.

It is our duty to expose them as fraud. That's all. This is how freedom works.

Forum List

Back