CDZ Is preventing one Corona death worth 1,000 people losing their jobs?

Easy too say, but what if that one death is you your child your parent, would that change the value?
Or what if your child was a front line healthcare worker who had to care for the fools who think jobs are more important than life? Would that change anything?

Who said jobs are more important than life? We are talking lives vs. lives....do you understand what a Great Depression means for the country and for the world? How many lives will be lost going forward vs. what is now proving likely to be a bad seasonal flu number? And yes....all the models are being pulled back.........look at the news......

Can you see the effects on 10s of millions of people who have no jobs, no money for a decade? Do you understand what that means for people dying from stress, suicide, alcohol and drug abuse?

I have relatives on the front lines of this too........so virtue signaling on your part has no weight.
So which one of those relatives are you willing to offer up as a sacrifice to the economy?

None, which of the millions going forward are you willing to sacrifice ....who will also die because everyone over reacted to a virus that will likely not be worse than the seasonal flu? Which of those people will you kill?
All of them if it saves my child.

Virtue signaling, lmao. There is nothing virtuous here. I dgaf about the economy right now. Not one single fuck. We haven't even reached the worst yet in this country. If some of your free-spending, non-saving relatives, friends, acquaintances, political allies, etc. can't make it for a COUPLE OF DAMN MONTHS then they can go ahead and die. And I guess the Trump economy just wasn't that great after all.

You have no idea what you are talking about....

Trouble is, though, these numbers come from just some doctors—they reflect neither reality nor broad medical opinion. They are synthetic products that hide the (often ignorant) assumptions that they reflect, substitute for reason, foster panic, and ruin the country.

The following shows how “soft” and hence divorced from reality these numbers are, what it would take to produce “hard” numbers—i.e. ones reflective of reality—and the manner consistent with self-government in which such matters should be debated and decided.

All admit that the numbers that are scaring the sense out of the country are mathematical projections. All projections are based on assumptions about the ever-changing numbers of “confirmed cases” of COVID-19, as well as of deaths resulting therefrom. But few—and here it seems we must include many “health officials”—consider that the latter numbers are themselves “soft” and tell us next to nothing about how much, how little, or what kind of dangers the virus poses to us.

Certainly, they give no guidance about what restrictions any of us should apply to ourselves, never mind what the government should do to the country.

How’s that? Because the number of “confirmed cases”—meaning cases that have come to the attention of the medical profession—tells us nothing about the number of people infected. Nor does that number tell us what happens to the gamut of those infected. Nor is the number of deaths “hard,” because it does not distinguish between those who die of the virus and those who die merely with it (that is, they might have died even without it).

To make intelligent decisions about countermeasures, we would need have hard data about all these matters.

Yet, for two months, doctors such as Anthony Fauci have messed up millions of lives and commandeered trillions of dollars while scaring the hell out of people and watching curves based on projections based on meaningless numbers. Watching the several curves resulting from the testing that is now ongoing and that is projected to continue as the country suffers will provide only more guesses, that will feed more models and more disputes.

In short, Fauci, et al., are showing themselves to be typical of our bureaucracy: over-credentialed, entrusted with too much power, and dangerously incompetent.
-----

President Trump, as well as the governors of some states, have been stampeded out of their common sense into shutting down the country until further notice. The bureaucratic-media complex has done this on the supposed basis of medical authority. But the doctors have not been speaking as doctors on the basis of knowledge of the human body while offering cures or even palliatives. No. Their judgments are based on speculation about the meaning of mathematical models.

They are not acting like good doctors but rather like bad politicians.

Fauci showed how thoroughly he and his cohorts have subordinated common sense to bureaucratic authority. Having strenuously campaigned to deny the usefulness of hydroxychloroquine, having been confronted by the fact that physicians on the front lines of the battle against the virus are using it themselves, and having been asked whether he—were he to come down with illness from the virus—would use it, he weakly conceded that he would but only as part of an approved study. He cared less about describing what the drug can do and can not do than about affirming his agency’s and the FDA’s prerogatives.
You should send that essay to the people in Italy and Spain. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

So....Tony Blair of Britain is stating if the economy in Britain Collapses, the National Health Service collapses.....how many deaths will that cause?

Do you understand how you are wrong when you say it is lives or money?

I doubt you will get it........but it is the truth.

Do you understand that sending everyone back to restaurants, bars, sporting event, cult rallies, churches, etc. right now will overwhelm our shitty for-profit healthcare system? Look at Michigan. They are literally BEGGING for healthcare workers.

So the economy won't really matter when everyone is too sick to work and no way to get healthcare.

But you'll never get it. It is lives or money. Right now it is lives or money. I don't gaf about what you THINK might happen to the economy.

Quality of life matters not.

It escapes these dunderheaded people that poverty can be so horrid and grinding you hope for death. You wish for it, you want it.

But they have little understanding and no imagination. They just hear orders and start marching

You first. My husband and I both have compromised immune systems. No way are we going back out into virus land until there is way more containment and control.

This is exactly why you and your husband should practice extreme quarantine measures. But why should everybody else be quarantined and the economy shut down?
Oh we have been practicing quarantine since early February, more out of seasonal flu concerns than COVID. It certainly became more extreme when we saw what was happening in Italy.

But it's not only about my husband and myself. Our daughter is a front line healthcare worker. Why should any healthcare worker's life be put at risk, before therapies and vaccines are developed, because some fool thinks a $ is worth more than their lives?

No. I'll never accept that as a rational position. Economies can recover. Dead people can't.
Collapsed economies historically result in massive crime, wars, and famines which also means lots of death.

Read a history book sometime.

Yes....the Great Depression helped hitler come to power........
Our economy is collapsed right now. I don't see massive crime, war, or famine breaking out. It's two months. Most of us will handle it just fine.

It's the best economy in the history of the world. Right?

Hey....did you see........the people who scared you into a panic and hysteria.....by telling you that 1-2 million Americans would die because of the virus? Today they quietly, stealthily, revised the number down...........to 60,415.....do you understand what that means......

It means it is likely no deadlier than the typical flu.........and they have you scared to death, shut down the economy to the point we may not recover for a decade.....and all for a seasonal flu.......where we can usually have 60,000 vulnerable people dying in any given year.....

And no....don't even try to say it was social distancing that changed that number.....

We were told 1-2 million people...dead.........we are all shopping at the same stores, we have people who are still getting together and out in public....a virus that is so virulent that it would kill 1-2 million without a vaccine or social distancing will not kill the same number as a regular flu season with social distancing...

They either lied to you......or they are so grossly incompetent they should never do research again...... the local gas station needs new attendants and these guys shouldn't be allowed to even do that....

You first. My husband and I both have compromised immune systems. No way are we going back out into virus land until there is way more containment and control.

This is exactly why you and your husband should practice extreme quarantine measures. But why should everybody else be quarantined and the economy shut down?
Oh we have been practicing quarantine since early February, more out of seasonal flu concerns than COVID. It certainly became more extreme when we saw what was happening in Italy.

But it's not only about my husband and myself. Our daughter is a front line healthcare worker. Why should any healthcare worker's life be put at risk, before therapies and vaccines are developed, because some fool thinks a $ is worth more than their lives?

No. I'll never accept that as a rational position. Economies can recover. Dead people can't.
Collapsed economies historically result in massive crime, wars, and famines which also means lots of death.

Our economy is collapsed right now. I don't see massive crime, war, or famine breaking out. It's two months. Most of us will handle it just fine.

This is what they have done.......with either incompetence or lying about the virus...

Hey....did you see........the people who scared you into a panic and hysteria.....by telling you that 1-2 million Americans would die because of the virus? Today they quietly, stealthily, revised the number down...........to 60,415.....do you understand what that means......

It means it is likely no deadlier than the typical flu.........and they have you scared to death, shut down the economy to the point we may not recover for a decade.....and all for a seasonal flu.......where we can usually have 60,000 vulnerable people dying in any given year.....

And no....don't even try to say it was social distancing that changed that number.....

We were told 1-2 million people...dead.........we are all shopping at the same stores, we have people who are still getting together and out in public....a virus that is so virulent that it would kill 1-2 million without a vaccine or social distancing will not kill the same number as a regular flu season with social distancing...

They either lied to you......or they are so grossly incompetent they should never do research again...... the local gas station needs new attendants and these guys shouldn't be allowed to even do that....
Hey, what about that best economy in the history of the world bullshit? Why can't people sustain themselves for two months?

Trump should never be allowed to be in charge of anything. He destroys everything.

This is what they have done.......with either incompetence or lying about the virus...

Did you read that article? The have a $70 million reserve and will not go broke until October, well after the two months needed to allow our shitty for-profit healthcare system to keep up.

They saved for a situation just like this. Good for Joliet. When the economy comes roaring back, like Trump promises everyday, they can replenish their reserve account.

You are the one panicked, not me. I am happy to do my part to fight this TrumpVirus war. Calm down.

Hey, what about that best economy in the history of the world bullshit? Why can't people sustain themselves for two months?

Trump should never be allowed to be in charge of anything. He destroys everything.

Wow...........you have no understanding of anything...had we not had The Trump Economy, then this would have put us into a disaster already..........we had that cushion...something we didn't have when obama was in office......

Wow...........you have no understanding of anything...had we not had The Trump Economy, then this would have put us into a disaster already..........we had that cushion...something we didn't have when obama was in office......
Right, because when Obama took office, the GOP had just destroyed the economy. I did not vote for Obama either time, but I will give him credit for tripling my 401k.

So now we all have a cushion thanks to the Trump and his economic brilliance, and we are all able to handle a couple of months of shutdown. We can survive the TrumpVirus without destroying our economy.

Just last night Trump said the economy would open up with a big bang. Calm down. No need for Chicken Littling.

In addition, even though I did not vote for Obama, I am 100% certain he would not have waited so fucking long to take action. He would not have lied and misled the public since January. He wasn't the train wreck that is Trump.

Trump's IQ can't be much higher than 80 on a good day.

Last edited:

If you think this is a collapsed economy, you really need to crack a book, as well as get out more.
I suggest you look up a guy who goes by Ferfal and read his accounts of living in Buenos Aires when their economy collapsed back in 2001. You might also want to read up on the famines in the Ukraine and in China after the communists came to power.

There are plenty of people in this country who will riot over shit like a provocative news story, a court decision, or even the outcome of a sporting event, do you really think people won't do so over their kids going hungry?

As far as crime, yes it is going up. I'm watching it happen every night at work.

In addition, even though I did not vote for Obama, I am 100% certain he would not have waited so fucking long to take action. He would not have lied and misled the public since January.

Care to provide specific examples? XXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition, even though I did not vote for Obama, I am 100% certain he would not have waited so fucking long to take action. He would not have lied and misled the public since January.

Care to provide specific examples? Or would that make your head explode?
No. I cannot provide examples of Obama handling the pandemic because he is not president. The idiot Trump is president.

Do you want examples of the idiot Trump's lies? Sure. They are easy to find.

He lied about having the virus under control.
He lied about being close to a vaccine.
He lied about testing, many many times.
He lied about cases going down, not up. I'll stipulate that could just be a case of utter ignorance, kind of like thinking a solid flu vaccine would work.
He lied about having a perfectly fine tuned plan.

trump-statements.jpeg

It's the best economy in the history of the world. Right?Ba
If you think this is a collapsed economy, you really need to crack a book, as well as get out more.
I suggest you look up a guy who goes by Ferfal and read his accounts of living in Buenos Aires when their economy collapsed back in 2001. You might also want to read up on the famines in the Ukraine and in China after the communists came to power.

There are plenty of people in this country who will riot over shit like a provocative news story, a court decision, or even the outcome of a sporting event, do you really think people won't do so over their kids going hungry?

As far as crime, yes it is going up. I'm watching it happen every night at work.
Back to my original position. I don't give a fuck about the economy right now. Not one single fuck. I care about my child who is a front line healthcare worker. She shouldn't have to take care of jackassholes who think they can bend a virus to their will. Or who think they won't get very sick. Or who think we should all just take our spanking right now and let everyone get sick at once. Or who think we can open our economy when we can't even do proper testing yet.

Btw, it wasn't a virus that caused famine and death in China. It was a corrupt government. It was Chairman Mao and his Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward. Do you see that happening here? Will we all be ordered to gather up our kitchen utensils, pots and pans in order to make cheap steel for export?

Back to my original position. I don't give a fuck about the economy right now. Not one single fuck. I care about my child who is a front line healthcare worker. She shouldn't have to take care of jackassholes who think they can bend a virus to their will. Or who think they won't get very sick. Or who think we should all just take our spanking right now and let everyone get sick at once. Or who think we can open our economy when we can't even do proper testing yet.

Btw, it wasn't a virus that caused famine and death in China. It was a corrupt government. It was Chairman Mao and his Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward. Do you see that happening here? Will we all be ordered to gather up our kitchen utensils, pots and pans in order to make cheap steel for export?
All governments are corrupt, smart guy. :rolleyes:

And as far as your concerns over your loved one's safety, I currently work 5 nights a week in an ER in downtown Houston so cry me a fucking river why don't you?

I don't believe you're actually all that concerned anyway, I think you are just using that as an excuse to try and tell others what they should be doing, like some fucking busybody.

And as far as your concerns over your loved one's safety, I currently work 5 nights a week in an ER in downtown Houston so cry me a fucking river why don't you?

I don't believe you're actually all that concerned anyway, I think you are just using that as an excuse to try and tell others what they should be doing, like some fucking busybody.

I have argued that lives are more important than $$$ and that our economy will survive a two month pause of non-essential business. I still believe that.

That you somehow interpret that as me telling anyone what they should, could, will do is odd.

I am extremely concerned about my daughter. I dgaf about you.

Also, I wasn't the one caterwauling about Communists and China. You brought up that nonsense.

What happened to The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? Our kids deserve better than being handed a crippled country hiding from the next big outbreak.

The need to work is not quite on par with the need to live.

Not all needs are created equal.

Last edited:

I have argued that lives are more important than $$$ and that our economy will survive a two month pause of non-essential business. I still believe that.

That you somehow interpret that as me telling anyone what they should, could, will do is odd.

Also, I wasn't the one caterwauling about Communists and China. You brought up that nonsense.
Oh bullshit.....

It's not that lives are more important than $, (although many are) it's that crashing an economy and an entire healthcare system in the name of stopping a virus that it's already way too late to stop, is insane. As is turning our society into a police state (as if it wasn't already too close to being one). Do you have any clue how many people will die as a result? How many suicides? How many crime victims? How many people dying because they can no longer afford or access medical services?

And I think you know all this, and I think you're dishonest about your motivations for posting here about this. When I see the sort of emotional blackmail you're attempting here, then I know I'm dealing with a manipulative person trying to advance an agenda, rather than an attempt at honest conversation.

I have questions, please answers not insults. Why would we be talking about reopening business? when we don't have tests, a virus cure, not even enough masks & protection for health care workers much less the general public??? 2nd what's with all the billions of dollars being passed out why would company's who made billions in profit last year, or made millions of dollars in profit or even hundred of thousands in profit need a bail out, why cant they cover them self's for a few months. I may not like it & am sure don't have much wealth & I can cover my self & even help out a little. its the little guy as usual stuck out on the front lines keeping the grocery s that feed us & other needed jobs like picking up the garbage, that's not even talking about the health care workers who risk their life's every day for us.

Oh bullshit.....

It's not that lives are more important than $, (although many are) it's that crashing an economy and an entire healthcare system in the name of stopping a virus that it's already way too late to stop, is insane. As is turning our society into a police state (as if it wasn't already too close to being one). Do you have any clue how many people will die as a result? How many suicides? How many crime victims? How many people dying because they can no longer afford or access medical services?

And I think you know all this, and I think you're dishonest about your motivations for posting here about this. When I see the sort of emotional blackmail you're attempting here, then I know I'm dealing with a manipulative person trying to advance an agenda, rather than an attempt at honest conversation.
No, I do not know that the economy will collapse. And even if it does I DON'T CARE. That is what you seem to be missing. I don't care if the economy collapses.

I'm worried about my daughter. I'm worried that collapsing our healthcare system is far deadlier than a couple of month shutdown. So fuck the economy.

And cry me a river for people who can no longer afford or access medical services. You do know there are millions of us that have been dealing with that forever. Boo-hoo. Guess you can all feel the pain for awhile. Gee, maybe the government should step in.

I have questions, please answers not insults. Why would we be talking about reopening business? when we don't have tests, a virus cure, not even enough masks & protection for health care workers much less the general public??? 2nd what's with all the billions of dollars being passed out why would company's who made billions in profit last year, or made millions of dollars in profit or even hundred of thousands in profit need a bail out, why cant they cover them self's for a few months. I may not like it & am sure don't have much wealth & I can cover my self & even help out a little. its the little guy as usual stuck out on the front lines keeping the grocery s that feed us & other needed jobs like picking up the garbage, that's not even talking about the health care workers who risk their life's every day for us.
And those Walmart fuckers won't even let their workers accept a tip.

I want to know where that huge money is going, how much is going for fixing the virus? how much is going to the every day worker caught up in this mess? I want to know because its us regular people who some how always pick up the tab, how do I no this, check the senate, vote raises for them self's that ALWAYS PASS. Minimum wage go's up once in a blue moon. we could have increased wages 50 cents or a dollar every year or two, something business could have absorbed. but no to busy stuffing their own pockets. want a black & white accounting for every dime.

Forum List

Back