Is Objectivity Necessary or Is It Overrated in Journalism?

You can try and be unbiased but that does not change the fact you are.
So basically, you're saying that if a media corporation touts themselves as being "fair and balanced" odds are, they're absolutely not, and are simply lying, right?

All journalistic reporting is not impartial. The best we can have is reporters that endeavor to be impartial.

So basically, you're saying that if a media corporation touts themselves as being "fair and balanced" odds are, they're absolutely not, and are simply lying, right?
No, reporters that realize journalism is not impartial are the best. No one is totally impartial and never was. Not even the vaunted Walter Cronkite.

Another word for what some want to pass off as journalism today is propaganda. Personally I am glad so many of todays so called journalist are being so open about this knowing that they have a particular political or social agenda they are trying to push and that they are willing to distort, misrepresent and even lie to do this makes it easier for people to ignore them. They will still have their die hard followers but thankfully more and more people are seeing the MSM for what it now is.

More deep thoughts from our resident hairy backed sausage catcher.
I am not sorry for triggering you. Facts don't care about your feelings, and neither do decent people.

A lefty calling themselves a liberal is like an incontinent pedo
The way you act and think isn't normal.. Someone should have told you that before, but since decent people all shun you now, it falls to me to stage these interventions.

Forum List

Back