Is moderation increasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's hysterically funny that so many board members take this soooooooo seriously. Like posting anonymously on a political message board is going to change the world............ :rofl:
Exactly. No one is writing a classic novel or changing a person's beliefs. It is frivolous entertainment. Unreal at how unglued folks get over their threads and posts, like they believe they own them. I have had maybe 5 removed in over 7 years, and just shrug it off. No biggie.
I will just flame their asses in the Sewer threads and the Badlands where real discussions actually happen.

This place is wayyyy more permissive than most. Looking around this board full of haters and ragers posting ludicrous crap I sometimes wonder at the ones having battles with the mods. What the hell could they be posting that's over the line? Is there a line?

There has been data mining and socking.

The progs here create Socks like they're going out of style. The data mining was mostly long ago, but every now and then a sociopath tries to do it again.

they still do, its just not usual suspects. they had allot of their socks banned the time i was bere for that data mining bust.anyone who was not in a curtain clique got banned. the biggest offenders are still here to this day for the most part.

This place is wayyyy more permissive than most. Looking around this board full of haters and ragers posting ludicrous crap I sometimes wonder at the ones having battles with the mods. What the hell could they be posting that's over the line? Is there a line?

The progs here create Socks like they're going out of style. The data mining was mostly long ago, but every now and then a sociopath tries to do it again.

Some are just adept at being elusive.

Or so they think.

I can think of an EX mod that breaks your trolling rules every time they post. Did ya copy and paste any of their comments as examples of how not to act in a discussion?

Take a mod downstairs to the FZ and spank them, then see what happens the next few days

Trust me

I never had a problem with it. In fact I joined in on the attacks. What the hell, they were funny!

Or so they think.
Well mindful ?To be honest? Mindfull? I am a bit nervous here. I'm not used to this.? :hhello: soks are one of my pet peeves? If i keep the same id? why do I have to deal with it. As they all HIDE? COWARDS i say.? nothing more?

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.

I had a problem with a mod a number of years ago who seemed to be shadow stalking me. I got a temporary vacation once. I have had no problem since. Personally, I do not think the moderation is heavy at all. But maybe that is just me.

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.

I had a problem with a mod a number of years ago who seemed to be shadow stalking me. I got a temporary vacation once. I have had no problem since. Personally, I do not think the moderation is heavy at all. But maybe that is just me.
In general? I'm talking about these men soks? They hide you know? Here, there and everywhere? Then when a gal confronts them? They say? it's not me? They try to bat their puppy dog eyes and lie. It's not me? Then they get caught? here? honestly? bit heavy handed. IMHO.

Here are some perfect examples of posts I've moderated the last few days:

Research shows that OP is a dumbass commie faggot.

Fuck off Klan boi

Thousands of times a day? Go fuck yourself, lefty asswipe.

Just more crazy Great Douche FAILURE.

So what the/your workaround to tell the Great Douche to eat its turds?

^ thinks Mexico paid for a wall

The last one is an example of off topic trolling

These are all comments made in Politics and Current Events. Does anybody think any actual discussion will result from any of this? This is only a handful of the comments I've dealt with, there are six other moderators dealing with the same thing. This is what the Flame Zone and the Badlands forum were created for, to give children in adult bodies an outlet, but it doesn't seem to be working

But just remember, we have standards in the FZ.

Or so they think.
Well mindful ?To be honest? Mindfull? I am a bit nervous here. I'm not used to this.? :hhello: soks are one of my pet peeves? If i keep the same id? why do I have to deal with it. As they all HIDE? COWARDS i say.? nothing more?

We’ve got our own permanent one. We know it, and he knows we know it. Yet he still has the nerve to persist.

Here are some perfect examples of posts I've moderated the last few days:

Research shows that OP is a dumbass commie faggot.

Fuck off Klan boi

Thousands of times a day? Go fuck yourself, lefty asswipe.

Just more crazy Great Douche FAILURE.

So what the/your workaround to tell the Great Douche to eat its turds?

^ thinks Mexico paid for a wall

The last one is an example of off topic trolling

These are all comments made in Politics and Current Events. Does anybody think any actual discussion will result from any of this? This is only a handful of the comments I've dealt with, there are six other moderators dealing with the same thing. This is what the Flame Zone and the Badlands forum were created for, to give children in adult bodies an outlet, but it doesn't seem to be working

But just remember, we have standards in the FZ.
Yes I understand that, told to me by my boss.. I am always told... cyndi, we must not ever swear in the titles? peeps are looking in. We must present a good impression. I get it.

I can think of an EX mod that breaks your trolling rules every time they post. Did ya copy and paste any of their comments as examples of how not to act in a discussion?

Take a mod downstairs to the FZ and spank them, then see what happens the next few days

Trust me

I never had a problem with it. In fact I joined in on the attacks. What the hell, they were funny!

You were a decent mod. Never had an issue with you after a convo in PM and you recognized what was going on with something.

You're good with me

Or so they think.

We’ve got our own permanent one. We know it, and he knows we know it. Yet he still has the nerve to persist.

Or so they think.

well? do you need help with that? I can?

Or so they think.

well? do you need help with that? I can?

No one can catch him out with his IP’s.

Trust me

You were a decent mod. Never had an issue with you after a convo in PM and you recognized what was going on with something.

You're good with me
I met flat? you know who i mean? he's a sweet heart?

What you should be looking at is which mods are going after which posters.

If you feel you are being singled out, you need to DM me and FlaCalTenn with the details.

I've tried DMing FlacalTenn with my concerns, but even he doesn't know if the wart is something dangerous. :dunno:

I know right? I pm'd flacaltenn about my inflamed prostate and even sent him pictures. Did he respond? Did he even care at all?

Bastard. They call that moderation? :(

Trust me

You're good with me

If you feel you are being singled out, you need to DM me and FlaCalTenn with the details.

I've tried DMing FlacalTenn with my concerns, but even he doesn't know if the wart is something dangerous. :dunno:

I know right? I pm'd flacaltenn about my inflamed prostate and even sent him pictures. Did he respond? Did he even care at all?

Really? I think he's hot? do you want to join me and mindfull? he's down in the flame room? lets sick?

Trust me

You're good with me

Really? I think he's hot? do you want to join me and mindfull? he's down in the flame room? lets sick?

You kids run along and have fun. :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back