Is moderation increasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some perfect examples of posts I've moderated the last few days:

Research shows that OP is a dumbass commie faggot.

Fuck off Klan boi

Thousands of times a day? Go fuck yourself, lefty asswipe.

Just more crazy Great Douche FAILURE.

So what the/your workaround to tell the Great Douche to eat its turds?

^ thinks Mexico paid for a wall

The last one is an example of off topic trolling

These are all comments made in Politics and Current Events. Does anybody think any actual discussion will result from any of this? This is only a handful of the comments I've dealt with, there are six other moderators dealing with the same thing. This is what the Flame Zone and the Badlands forum were created for, to give children in adult bodies an outlet, but it doesn't seem to be working
That first one made me laugh out lout. I wish I had seen it in context and then was able to give it a big thumbs up.

I can think of an EX mod that breaks your trolling rules every time they post. Did ya copy and paste any of their comments as examples of how not to act in a discussion?

I think it's hysterically funny that so many board members take this soooooooo seriously. Like posting anonymously on a political message board is going to change the world............ :rofl:
You only assume people take it more seriously than other forms of entertainment. Pointing out bias/ favoritism does not mean you take things more seriously. It’s called an observation.
Thanks for confirming my statement......... :lmao:
Taking it seriously would be what you and your board buddies do via your behind the scenes whisper networks.

Not by observing you weirdos lol

and in that reguard, the behind the scenes stuff its taken very seriously. its almost sad.

Here are some perfect examples of posts I've moderated the last few days:

Research shows that OP is a dumbass commie faggot.

Fuck off Klan boi

Thousands of times a day? Go fuck yourself, lefty asswipe.

Just more crazy Great Douche FAILURE.

So what the/your workaround to tell the Great Douche to eat its turds?

^ thinks Mexico paid for a wall

The last one is an example of off topic trolling

These are all comments made in Politics and Current Events. Does anybody think any actual discussion will result from any of this? This is only a handful of the comments I've dealt with, there are six other moderators dealing with the same thing. This is what the Flame Zone and the Badlands forum were created for, to give children in adult bodies an outlet, but it doesn't seem to be working

honestly, you are one of the mods who takesnot to personally. as far as the fz gos, all thay is is a playground for the clique. icmean, the FZ was supposwd tocbe the place but you guys made two more forums alomg with "conspricy theories".

I can think of an EX mod that breaks your trolling rules every time they post. Did ya copy and paste any of their comments as examples of how not to act in a discussion?

Take a mod downstairs to the FZ and spank them, then see what happens the next few days

Trust me

Take a mod downstairs to the FZ and spank them, then see what happens the next few days

Trust me
I’m well aware...they don’t like it when you spank their buddies either lol

Trust me
Yep, it's sorta sad... absolutely no independent moderation.

Oh my gawd one of ours got shellacked!!! We'll show him/her!!!?

That entire PM a mod if there is an issue is ridiculous

Trust me

Doesn’t help that they only make their pal’s mods

Talking to them in PM is a waste of time....I agree.

Trust me

Yeah, they want to discuss anything but the actual issue. There is one decent mod here, I won't name him/her but the others could take a lead.

They'll close this thread soon...bank it.

Trust me

Yeah, they want to discuss anything but the actual issue. There is one decent mod here, I won't name him/her but the others could take a lead.

PMing them guarantee’s they will ban you for questioning them....not for breaking the rules. Apparently being a mod and having mod powers is a big deal to some. I just move on to YouTUBE when I get tired of the stuff here. :)

Mods should really not get involved in topics.. they get butthurt and it never ends well for us lowly common folk.....lol

Trust me

PMing them guarantee’s they will ban you for questioning them....not for breaking the rules. Apparently being a mod and having mod powers is a big deal to some. I just move on to YouTUBE when I get tired of the stuff here. :)
Mods should really not get involved in topics.. they get butthurt and it never ends well for us lowly common folk.....lol
I can think of one in particular :)

Lol, mhm. But I suppose it's a resume builder...lol

R
I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.
Relax. Could be that time of month for certain felines

There’s trolling, and there’s not-trolling.

if not for trolling, USMB wouldent exist. there is a place called hell on another forum. Hell is the only reason the website exists. If one trolls outside of hellso if there will be trolling let it happen in the forum that was created for that. and moderate the hell out of the forums where its not tolerated. easy.

Trust me

thats another thing. allot of places rotate mods to avoid the cliques they always end uo a member of or starting. if youvare ever bored, i can send you direcrions to hell. nust be surw to have a full latex body suit, thay all your vacxinatuons arw up to date and mask up. its nasty. but the non teollimg part is prtty nice, educationel, and there are also good folk. all that, and no politics.

Last edited:
I have suggested this lots of times in the past, but it just makes too much sense if people want better moderation and not just power.

Mods should NEVER be allowed to infract the very people they have engaged in a thread. the mod who accounts for the overwhelming majority of my infractions does that regularly, and not just with me by the looks of it.

I have suggested this lots of times in the past, but it just makes too much sense if people want better moderation and not just power.

Mods should NEVER be allowed to infract the very people they have engaged in a thread. the mod who accounts for the overwhelming majority of my infractions does that regularly, and not just with me by the looks of it.

100%.

This place is wayyyy more permissive than most. Looking around this board full of haters and ragers posting ludicrous crap I sometimes wonder at the ones having battles with the mods. What the hell could they be posting that's over the line? Is there a line?

There has been data mining and socking.

The progs here create Socks like they're going out of style. The data mining was mostly long ago, but every now and then a sociopath tries to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back