Is Libertarianism a Solution for America’s Problems?

By public good I was referring to companies that do things like dump toxins and rivers. You know all the regulations that trump's ep a abolished after they took over.
Fair enough. Managing the commons is a legitimate responsibility of the state.

I jumped on it because, all too often, "public good" is a catch-all that includes anything and everything the majority wants to force on the rest of us.

Fair enough. Managing the commons is a legitimate responsibility of the state.

I jumped on it because, all too often, "public good" is a catch-all that includes anything and everything the majority wants to force on the rest of us.
Texas is a prime example of what I'm talking about they're energy sector Is basically completely irregulated.
Disturbing cases where oil companies completely ignore safety measures to protect their Workers and workers have died in accidents that would have easily been prevented if even the most simple safety measures have been in place.

That is where the government has the Responsibility of regulating the actions of a business when they are completely unwilling to police Themselves at the cost of human life.

And that I mean when I say that most People who call themselves libertarians are not libertarians at all.

I would argue that libertarianism is the idea That the government should only be involved in cases where something affects people who do not consent to being affected, Especially in cases when those actions have an effect On the safety or health of those involved.

The Libertarian Party overall days doesn't want any regulations they want complete deregulation and businesses allowed to do whatever they want. It's a claim that the businesses will police themselves but this has been proven untrue in the past.
They are corporatist in every sense of the word. They want corporations completely free Even the most sensible regulations. Even when Their actions and choices directly affect other people.

Forum List

Back