CDZ Is it time to create a new thread, "Honesty"?

Was it ethical to lynch Kavanaugh on unfounded unproven obvious lies? Just curious?

Kavanaugh lost all credibility when he told the nation he was a virgin until he got married and that "the devil's triangle" was a drinking game involving quarters.

In a REAL court of law, when a person gets caught telling even the littlest lie, they lose credibility and anything they say beyond those lies is worthless.

The thing is you are elevating miniscule details into something that is far more concrete. Dates, times, locations, visual descriptions of what happened are what are challenged in a court environment. Not the recollections of who had sex when and of some guys drinking game.

Was it ethical to lynch Kavanaugh on unfounded unproven obvious lies? Just curious?

Kavanaugh lost all credibility when he told the nation he was a virgin until he got married and that "the devil's triangle" was a drinking game involving quarters.

In a REAL court of law, when a person gets caught telling even the littlest lie, they lose credibility and anything they say beyond those lies is worthless.

The thing is you are elevating miniscule details into something that is far more concrete. Dates, times, locations, visual descriptions of what happened are what are challenged in a court environment. Not the recollections of who had sex when and of some guys drinking game.

You don't understand that lying about the little stuff means that if a person will lie about stuff that doesn't matter, means they will easily lie about stuff that truly does matter. It is common sense.

Meanwhile Ford lied about her door, about how many boys were in the room, about a fear of flying, and about coaching people to pass the polygraph. As to devils Triangle we have contemporaneous of Kavanaugh all saying it was a drinking game as well.

There is a difference between lying and not properly remembering something. And no, Ford didn't lie about her fear of flying.

It isn't enough to "provide a link" IMO for factual support of your claim. They are all biased. When I research things I rarely go to the major US news sources since they are very biased. I'll go to less prominent outlets or even foreign sources to corroborate a story. It is really difficult to get at the truth since everyone is on a hair trigger to shoot down the other side. You have to let the dust settle and check multiple sources and DON'T BELIEVE the talking heads on TV until you do.

You've already expressed your biases, IMO, by echoing long established but never proved memes. That said, I agree checking multiple sources is one necessary ingredient. However, primary sources are those which are the most convincing and enlightening in forming an opinion.

Interviews, speeches, tweets, documents and e-mails are most telling, most of this was available to hear and watch during Kavanaugh's job interview. Active listening skills were all that was necessary to come to a yes or no vote, by those of us who did not worry about being reelected in November, or in 2020.
And what long established but never proved memes are you attacking me about in this clean debate zone?

I didn't attack you, and this meme is well within your quote:

"When I research things I rarely go to the major US news sources since they are very biased".

This quote is an opinion, based on a BIG LIE first issued by Limbaugh and echoed over and over again.
Media bias is A big lie? Are you "honestly" telling me that when you watch the major news outlets you don't see one sided biased reporting? Turn on any one of them and I include FOX since they are clearly biased in support of the President. None of them resemble an independent watchdog news agency. They are in full support or full attack on President Trump. If you are going to tout a forum called Honesty, start with yourself.

and sometimes memories are faulty.

Unless you have something to back up your supposition the non-interviewed witnesses were credible, it's inadmissible as anything but hearsay.

His buddy, and her bff, both stated they didn't recall
the actions she claimed.

and they were the only two known to be at the party.
Did any of them recall the date of the party?

How are you going to decide what is true? There aren’t any impartial news sites any more.

Plus, what is the point? Has anyone’s mind ever changed?
What you're doing here is proving that you do not care about facts, just that your opinion is the prevalent one that's accepted.

Nice work.

He lost all credibility before that really.

The more partisan a poster, the less honest. Extreme leftists calling for "honesty" is just as silly as extreme righties doing the same.

Even if honesty were the goal, who would judge what is and is not honest, especially considering the lack of honesty among the judges?

Meanwhile Ford lied about her door, about how many boys were in the room, about a fear of flying, and about coaching people to pass the polygraph. As to devils Triangle we have contemporaneous of Kavanaugh all saying it was a drinking game as well.

There is a difference between lying and not properly remembering something. And no, Ford didn't lie about her fear of flying.
I've gotten so used to it now that I don't even notice, but a few years ago, suddenly the name "liar" became the big new thing on the political playground. I remember it from 2nd grade. Anyone who misspeaks or says something you don't like is suddenly "lying." Anyone who says something inaccurate but is unaware of it is "lying." They do it to the President, too. But it started out with all us squirrels suddenly regressing to elementary school and misusing the world. Now it is so frequently misused that it doesn't even register anymore, almost like Nazi. That was a shocker when I first was hearing it, too, and now it's everyone and their grandma who is supposedly a Nazi.

Lying is a deliberate attempt to mislead. There are plenty of people out there spouting garbage that are not doing it deliberately. Or they are just expressing an opinion, which is neither true nor false. Dumb people, including the President, love misusing the term.

It isn't enough to "provide a link" IMO for factual support of your claim. They are all biased. When I research things I rarely go to the major US news sources since they are very biased. I'll go to less prominent outlets or even foreign sources to corroborate a story. It is really difficult to get at the truth since everyone is on a hair trigger to shoot down the other side. You have to let the dust settle and check multiple sources and DON'T BELIEVE the talking heads on TV until you do.

You've already expressed your biases, IMO, by echoing long established but never proved memes. That said, I agree checking multiple sources is one necessary ingredient. However, primary sources are those which are the most convincing and enlightening in forming an opinion.

Interviews, speeches, tweets, documents and e-mails are most telling, most of this was available to hear and watch during Kavanaugh's job interview. Active listening skills were all that was necessary to come to a yes or no vote, by those of us who did not worry about being reelected in November, or in 2020.
And what long established but never proved memes are you attacking me about in this clean debate zone?

"When I research things I rarely go to the major US news sources since they are very biased".

This quote is an opinion, based on a BIG LIE first issued by Limbaugh and echoed over and over again.
LOL you deny that MSNBC and CNN are Biased? What world do you live in?
WHEN are you people going to learn the difference between fact and bias? We all have to filter our information for bias. It is what intelligent people do. But if I want facts I go to the MSM which I know verifies its sources. I don't go there for opinions. I go there for the facts.
And yet you and others insisted Blasey Ford was telling the truth despite the lack of corroborating facts or witnesses and despite her own lies.
You also insisted in a thread you made that Kavanaugh was drunk and drugged at his testimony, and that his wife was on tranquillisers, and that he used her tranquillisers for his testimony.
None of this - ABSOLUTELY NONE - had any basis in anything other than your imagination.

Who's going to be the 'Truth Sheriff'

This is the clean zone, the truth always rises, falsehoods will fade away.

Post your values and principles, and how they would govern and how you would like to be governed is all that is asked.

Postscript: A lies can be challenged by the Mods, or another post which provides probative evidence that what was stated was a lie.

Values and principles are opinions especially when it comes to politics and, after all, this is a political forum. So I ask again, who is going to be "Truth-Sheriff."
What about reputable sources or one of the fact checker sites?

They are all biased tell half truths like MSM
So who tells the real truth, Bear? You?

What's that suppose to mean?

I sure as hell don't tell half truths to promote an ideology.

This is the Clean Zone. You've offered an opinion, but there is no probative evidence that Judge Kavanaugh was metaphorically lynched or that Dr. Ford's testimony was not true.

Be like Marty, who I rarely (almost always) disagree with, who posted a comment substantive and thought provoking.

The lack of corroboration disproves the allegations of Ford. You really don't want "honesty" you want to preach abut what you "think" honesty is.

This is the clean zone, either lay off the personal attacks or go away. For the record, the FBI did not interview all of the parties of interest.

The lack of corroboration disproves the allegations of Ford. You really don't want "honesty" you want to preach abut what you "think" honesty is. Ford lied and you supported her lies.
Period.

For the record and other readers, this threads theme has zero to do with the Ford-Kavanaugh theatrics, per se; it is about honesty and the lack of it in too many posts, and within the Congress, the White House and the media.

[note: In the White House is not directed solely at Trump&Co., other Presidents, as well as members of Congress members of the media - MSM and all the other sources - which offer themselves as a source of news and too many posts can and are efforts to mislead the reader]

One thread which by rule requires an honest evaluation of, for example, wedge issues (abortion, the 2nd A., taxes, the definition of marriage, foreign and domestic policies, health care, etc.) seems to be a safe harbor for those who value truth and justice.

Of particular concern to me, are the BIG LIES and the memes which rebound around this message board and frustrates honest debate. BIG LIES are dishonest; I also believe not allowing the use of STFU and the funny button on a thread which requires honesty, those inclined to do so need to learn how to compose a sound argument and not simply want to garner attention from their side of the aisle.

This is my honest opinion. The reader is asked to respond with words if they agree or not, and explain why.

This is the Clean Zone. You've offered an opinion, but there is no probative evidence that Judge Kavanaugh was metaphorically lynched or that Dr. Ford's testimony was not true.

Be like Marty, who I rarely (almost always) disagree with, who posted a comment substantive and thought provoking.

The lack of corroboration disproves the allegations of Ford. You really don't want "honesty" you want to preach abut what you "think" honesty is.

This is the clean zone, either lay off the personal attacks or go away. For the record, the FBI did not interview all of the parties of interest.

The lack of corroboration disproves the allegations of Ford. You really don't want "honesty" you want to preach abut what you "think" honesty is. Ford lied and you supported her lies.
Period.

For the record and other readers, this threads theme has zero to do with the Ford-Kavanaugh theatrics, per se; it is about honesty and the lack of it in too many posts, and within the Congress, the White House and the media.

[note: In the White House is not directed solely at Trump&Co., other Presidents, as well as members of Congress members of the media - MSM and all the other sources - which offer themselves as a source of news and too many posts can and are efforts to mislead the reader]

One thread which by rule requires an honest evaluation of, for example, wedge issues (abortion, the 2nd A., taxes, the definition of marriage, foreign and domestic policies, health care, etc.) seems to be a safe harbor for those who value truth and justice.

Of particular concern to me, are the BIG LIES and the memes which rebound around this message board and frustrates honest debate. BIG LIES are dishonest; I also believe not allowing the use of STFU and the funny button on a thread which requires honesty, those inclined to do so need to learn how to compose a sound argument and not simply want to garner attention from their side of the aisle.

This is my honest opinion. The reader is asked to respond with words if they agree or not, and explain why.

Start your own board. Your control issues are quite revealing.

WHEN are you people going to learn the difference between fact and bias? We all have to filter our information for bias. It is what intelligent people do. But if I want facts I go to the MSM which I know verifies its sources. I don't go there for opinions. I go there for the facts.

And yet you and others insisted Blasey Ford was telling the truth despite the lack of corroborating facts or witnesses and despite her own lies.
You also insisted in a thread you made that Kavanaugh was drunk and drugged at his testimony, and that his wife was on tranquillisers, and that he used her tranquillisers for his testimony.
None of this - ABSOLUTELY NONE - had any basis in anything other than your imagination.

I don't know if Dr. Ford was truthful, nor do I know if Judge Kavanaugh was truthful. However, in a trial the judge tells the jurors to use common sense in evaluating the testimony, as more or less credible.

I watched every minute of the testimony of both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh, and concluded Dr. Ford was more credible than Judge Kavanaugh. I didn't watch or listen to the commentary by the talking heads on any source.

I formed my opinion based on the words they spoke, their body language and the emotions which permeated through their testimony. And, when Judge Kavanaough attacked the Democratic Party, the Clinton's and a conspiracy theory he lost me.

Media bias is A big lie? Are you "honestly" telling me that when you watch the major news outlets you don't see one sided biased reporting? Turn on any one of them and I include FOX since they are clearly biased in support of the President. None of them resemble an independent watchdog news agency. They are in full support or full attack on President Trump. If you are going to tout a forum called Honesty, start with yourself.
You didn't get the memo from tribe leftist?

Rachel Maddow does not, I repeat doest not have it in for Trump. You are hereby required to repeat the mantra until it is accepted as truth .

I don't know if Dr. Ford was truthful, nor do I know if Judge Kavanaugh was truthful. However, in a trial the judge tells the jurors to use common sense in evaluating the testimony, as more or less credible.

I watched every minute of the testimony of both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh, and concluded Dr. Ford was more credible than Judge Kavanaugh. I didn't watch or listen to the commentary by the talking heads on any source.

I formed my opinion based on the words they spoke, their body language and the emotions which permeated through their testimony. And, when Judge Kavanaough attacked the Democratic Party, the Clinton's and a conspiracy theory he lost me.

You should familiarize yourself with the term confirmation bias . Flaming removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course not; I do not deny bias in the News Media.

To your point, my experience is MSNBC is a counter point to Fox; CNN is well balanced, though I rarely watch CNN, I prefer PBS and NPR on the issues of the day.

As I've stated before, primary sources are an important part of any news media, and the more primary sources, the more credible is the source, IMO.

You don't understand that lying about the little stuff means that if a person will lie about stuff that doesn't matter, means they will easily lie about stuff that truly does matter. It is common sense.

And what you don't understand is that these type of things can never be answered completely to prove either truth or lie.

On the other hand Ford's fibs were more material to her story, her fabricated "fear of flying" and the whole "escape door" thing.

Forum List

Back