Is it possible that the allegorical account of a great flood is true?

How long would it take for that much ice to build up by our current water cycle via snow?
Yet the evidence of the quick freezing of animals in the arctic permafrost is consistent with freezing in roughly <1 hour!
And also consistent with freezing taking a few hours, as would be consistent with an animal that froze to death in sub zero temperatures and low humidity. So, your work all still lies ahead of you to prove this "flash freeze" claim. Good luck!
The birdseye study of the flash freezing of the Beresovaka Mammoth actually indicated a wind chill of -150 degrees F and freezing in about one half hour. Autopsies indicate cause of death was drowning. Those two findings can only be harmonized if supercooled water was involved (very cold water with nothing to base crystalization on). Its late and I am researching the above math - feel free to research the point you are trying to make - I'll look forward to your links!

My next post will be researching the minimal angle of glacial flow:
Your "flash freezing" meme appears to have come from Answers in Genesis. For a more detailed and factual account, try here: Woolly Mammoths: Evidence of Catastrophe?

"As for instant freezing, as claimed by Ted Holden, there is no evidence of that. The Berezovka mammoth shows evidence of having been buried in a landslide, the cold mud acting as preservative and the underlying permafrost completing the process by freezing the carcass. "

What's not to understand? An allegorical account is no different from a fable so to speak. An allegorical account of an actual historical event captures the truth that there was a great and unusual flood event. Something which other cultures confirm.

Then what are the prophecies? Those are allegorical. Most of the Bible is literal. What you are doing is ignoring God's word and making the facts fit your 1500 gigaton and asteroid thesis. We have more than that melt today and it doesn't cause a global flood. I look at the facts such as the mid_Atlantic Ridge, underwater civilizations, seafloor spread, and more to see science backs up the Bible. Not many others agree with you including me. It's you who are being like God and making up these stories.

What's not to understand?

The believers of God's word understand Genesis. You don't even try to read and understand the Bible. I would think Satan is leading you astray right now, but it's not place to convince you different.

What's not to understand? An allegorical account is no different from a fable so to speak. An allegorical account of an actual historical event captures the truth that there was a great and unusual flood event. Something which other cultures confirm.

Then what are the prophecies? Those are allegorical. Most of the Bible is literal. What you are doing is ignoring God's word and making the facts fit your 1500 gigaton and asteroid thesis. We have more than that melt today and it doesn't cause a global flood. I look at the facts such as the mid_Atlantic Ridge, underwater civilizations, seafloor spread, and more to see science backs up the Bible. Not many others agree with you including me. It's you who are being like God and making up these stories.

What's not to understand?

The believers of God's word understand Genesis. You don't even try to read and understand the Bible. I would think Satan is leading you astray right now, but it's not place to convince you different.
Why do you do that? I never said everything in the Bible was allegorical. There are several literary styles used; allegorical, poetic, historic, legal, prophetic, etc.

Actually what I am doing is validating the Bible. You can't see it because of your pride.

I believe in God. Probably more than you do.

You can confirm that 1500 gigatons of ice were vaporized by doing a simple calculation
False. As they clearly said, "melted and vaporized". No, it was not all instantly vaporized. You're a shameless liar. The scientists made that clear in the article you posted earlier in the thread. They were very clear and specific about this.

Furthermore, you colossal dumbass, the water would not just stay vaporized and travel across the globe. It would remain as a local event when the air above the crater reached its dew point.

But that's irrelevant anyway, since your number is a shameless lie. You have literally been lying your ass off for this entire thread.

You can confirm that 1500 gigatons of ice were vaporized by doing a simple calculation
False. As they clearly said, "melted and vaporized". No, it was not all instantly vaporized. You're a shameless liar. The scientists made that clear in the article you posted earlier in the thread.

Furthermore, you colossal dumbass, the water would not just stay vaporized and travel across the globe. It would remain as a local event when the air above the crater reached its dew point.

But that's irrelevant anyway, since your number is a shameless lie.
You are an idiot.

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

Neat! Really, interesting. But in no way support of any of your lies or a global flood.
Yep, keep misstating it.

That's what you do.
Neat! But in no way does that article (that you never read) support any of your nonsense.
Of course it does.

Massive crater under Greenland’s ice points to climate-altering impact in the time of humans

Neat! Really, interesting. But in no way support of any of your lies or a global flood.
Yep, keep misstating it.

That's what you do.
Neat! But in no way does that article (that you never read) support any of your nonsense.
Of course it does.
No, sorry. Your faith is faith. But you are so embarrassed that you have nothing to support it but "because i say so", that you do this embarrassing dog and pony show and lie your ass off.

Yep, keep misstating it.

That's what you do.
Of course it does.
No, sorry. Your faith is faith. But you are so embarrassed that you have nothing to support it but "because i say so", that you do this embarrassing dog and pony show and lie your ass off.
We are discussing the science of a massive asteroid strike and what happens after that. Specifically one that strikes a glacier in the polar region with 3 × 10^21 J of energy.

Gee, I wonder what mass of water would be heated from 32F to 212F from 3 × 10^21 J of energy.

Gee, what do you know... it's 1500 gigatons. :lol:

A Christian is anyone who believes that God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.
A very encompassing definition. Nice. Of course it includes David Koresh and Jim Jones, Catholic inquisitors, the Eastern Orthodox, and Mormons. Quite a mixed bag.
Says you. I say it encompasses the essential belief. I can’t think of any other way to capture the key belief in fewer words. If one rejects any aspect of that statement I don’t see how he could be a Christian. If one accepts every aspect of that statement I don’t see how he couldn’t be a Christian.
I have no problem with your definition, I only note that many people I consider evil fall under that definition.

It is ironic that we all end up discussing religion when getting down to the nitty gritty of science. I think both of you are wrong about being a Christian and I'll explain why. However, it's not one of those things that make you go aha. To understand it, one has to understand God and that takes some experience.

Briefly, it is more about OBEY than doing what you think is good. This isn't easily understood as God doesn't want robots. He gave us free will. The crux of what God wants goes back to Adam's sin. One has to understand what was the sin and then it becomes more clear. God gave us the Ten Commandments to show us that none of us are sinless. If you look at the first commandment, then this is what he wants us to obey the most. This is much more important than doing good. God knows that if you can do that, then the rest will follow.

It’s not surprising that religion (Christianity), tends to get inserted into science discussions. Christianity is, afterall, a proselytizing religion. It’s pretty typical that religo’s will try and spackle their gods into every nook and cranny that are science matters. Interestingly, outside of Christian and Moslem fundamentalism, there doesn’t exist an organized anti-science movement.

Babble.

I can tell you a story that people here may believe that I heard about the coronavirus and Italy. Wonder if ding can dismiss it?

It's very important to understand what happened in Italy. Many Italians in Northern Italy sold their leather goods and textiles companies to China. Italy then allowed 100,000 Chinese from Wuhan/Wenzhou to move to Italy to work in these factories, with direct Wuhan flights. Result: Northern Italy is Europe's hotspot for Wuhan coronavirus.

I can even give you a link if you want haha.
Why would I dismiss it?

another angle can be found comparing the differences between South Korea and Italy. .

Stick with this story. So, you would accept a story like this?

You know, James, I really don't think I will ever understand you. I don't doubt for a moment that the Noahic Flood was an actual historical event, that it was a worldwide event, but I don't know why it could not have happened due to an asteroid strike. Why would the physical cause have any bearing on its historicity or God's determination? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

But... super Christians will tell you that the earth is only 6,000 years old. That's what they deduce from the Bible, and they believe there's scientific evidence to support it.

Don't ask me... I think they're nuts.
That's not what Christians believe any way. The Bible only traces the lineage of Jesus. That goes back 6,000 years. Adam and Eve were the first humans to be born in a state of grace.

Forum List

Back