Is it cool for a five time draft dodger to talk to military families about their sacrifice?

You tell me how Clinton and Obama avoided military service?
Funny I never heard any bitching about that during their terms
Clinton LIED to his ROTC Col in order to obtain a deferment because he was being called up. He then skipped the Country and went to Great Britain. Obama just never served and has a low opinion of the military in general as evidenced by how his staff treated the military.

You tell me how Clinton and Obama avoided military service?
Funny I never heard any bitching about that during their terms
Clinton LIED to his ROTC Col in order to obtain a deferment because he was being called up. He then skipped the Country and went to Great Britain. Obama just never served and has a low opinion of the military in general as evidenced by how his staff treated the military.

There was no draft when O'bama came of age. There's no such thing as "avoiding" military service unless it's mandatory. You can't "avoid" something that's not required.

All of these were a president, vice-president, or both: Dwight D. Eisenhower, Dick Nixon, John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Spiro Agnew, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Al Gore, and George W. Bush

They all served in the military, MarathonMike.

Point of correction: Reagan never served in the military.
He served in the reserves and on active duty from 1937 to 1953, when his reserve commission was terminated.

FT_16.01.06_presApproval_hi_lo.png

Most of the front line individuals in the military now are there NOT because of a draft so it's not particularly relevant. The people in the military chose to be there and they are there. Trump chose to not be there and he isn't there.

Yes, we have been an all volunteer military since 1974. However, Trump was dodging the draft BEFORE 1974. He didn't "choose to not be there", he actively dodged the draft.
And your point is?

Barry Hussein Sotoro's father was an African nationalist who hated America. Barry's quasi autobiography (you might get it in the dollar store) was called "dreams of my father". What does that tell you about the Obama legacy? Barry's political confidant and mentor was (is) freaking domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. Compared to Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama, Benedict Arnold looks like a patriot.

If Obama was a foreign born half-Kenyan Muslim, he was fives times better a president than Trump.

You'd be surprised how many felt the same about Clinton, Biden, REMF Gore, and many others in your party when they did the same.

on second thought, you wouldn't be surprised.

but you'd ignore it, just like you did when they were in office.
A few notes:

Clinton never said he only liked soldiers who weren't captured.

Biden's sons served.

Al Gore was in the military and served in Vietnam.

5346-1516602782-34bdb4d8a9bf66d619f5e27dc790b5ec.jpg

Clinton never said he only liked soldiers who weren't captured.

which has nothing to do with him dodging the draft.

Biden's sons served.

which has nothing to do with him dodging the draft.

Al Gore was in the military and served in Vietnam.
Did you miss the REMF I added to his name?

Look it up.
I forget how good you guys are at slander. Republicans and slander. The ONLY thing they do well.

Slander Patrol: Saving Private Gore?

O'Hara, who is now a sportswriter for the Detroit News, calls the idea that Gore was specially protected in Vietnam "a pile of shit." He recalls that he spoke to Gore soon after Gore arrived in Vietnam. O'Hara explained to him that he would have to choose between hanging around the base in Bien Hoa in relative safety or venturing out into the field to report on stories. "That's a decision I'm going to have to make," he remembers Gore telling him. Gore's decision was to go and see the war for himself, often in O'Hara's company. "Never once did I notice he was treated differently or asked to be treated differently from anybody else," O'Hara says. "We all would have known it. If you're not pulling your weight, you're an outcast. [Gore] was one of the best-liked guys in the unit."

------------------

That's why Republicans are nasty steaming piles of sh!t. They elected a turd like Trump into office and instead of taking a good look at such an odious man, they milaign others. As if that gives Trump special protection. Because they have no morals of their own.

I corrected the misleading posts, above in #64.

Interestingly, his lows with the public never reached those of Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush the Elder, Clinton, or Bush the Younger, but his highs never reached any of theirs, either.

All of these were a president, vice-president, or both: Dwight D. Eisenhower, Dick Nixon, John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Spiro Agnew, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Al Gore, and George W. Bush

He served in the reserves and on active duty from 1937 to 1953, when his reserve commission was terminated.

Wow, he served in the "Motion Picture" unit. He made movies. Fun!

Interestingly, his lows with the public never reached those of Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush the Elder, Clinton, or Bush the Younger, but his highs never reached any of theirs, either.
Gee, I wonder why?

The Republicans Top Ten list of those they hate:

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

Gee, I wonder why?

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists
Trolling your own thread, dean?

wrong

List of Presidents of the United States by military service - Wikipedia

Ronald Reagan United States Army Reserve, United States Army Air Forces Captain Stateside service during World War II (1942–1945); Army Reserve (1937–1942).

He was busy guarding New York, and Albuquerque.

more likely California and areas west.

Due to his movie history, he was involved in training movies and what the left would call propaganda movies.

Cadet Classification (Short)
Narrator
1943 For God and Country (Short)
Father Michael O'Keefe
1943 This Is the Army
Johnny Jones (as Lt. Ronald Reagan)
1943 The Rear Gunner (Short)
Lt. Ames (as Lieutenant Ronald Reagan)
1942 Beyond the Line of Duty (Short)
Narrator (voice)
1942 Desperate Journey
Flying Officer Johnny Hammond

You mean what 'the left' in your mind would call them. Conservatives don't paint other people with a large brush, they use a roller.

Why though the need to deflect from Reagan's actual life. Odd yes, like kershchin apologetics.

Gee, I wonder why?

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

11. Everyone not on the list that isn't them.

wrong

Ronald Reagan United States Army Reserve, United States Army Air Forces Captain Stateside service during World War II (1942–1945); Army Reserve (1937–1942).

Due to his movie history, he was involved in training movies and what the left would call propaganda movies.

Narrator
Father Michael O'Keefe
1943 This Is the Army
Narrator (voice)
1942 Desperate Journey

You mean what 'the left' in your mind would call them. Conservatives don't paint other people with a large brush, they use a roller.

Why though the need to deflect from Reagan's actual life. Odd yes, like kershchin apologetics.

kershchin apologetics?

tried google, found apologetics, but no reference to kershchin.

wrong

Narrator
Father Michael O'Keefe
1943 This Is the Army
Narrator (voice)
1942 Desperate Journey

BTW

Why though the need to deflect from Reagan's actual life.

what deflection?

Most of the front line individuals in the military now are there NOT because of a draft so it's not particularly relevant. The people in the military chose to be there and they are there. Trump chose to not be there and he isn't there.

Yes, we have been an all volunteer military since 1974. However, Trump was dodging the draft BEFORE 1974. He didn't "choose to not be there", he actively dodged the draft.

Why do you lie? This thread has already proven your bullshit to be a lie!

Forum List

Back