Is Hillary's e-mail scandal falling apart?

Look dumbass, if it's not classified AT THE TIME IT WAS SENT,then it wasn't classified.
What's so hard to understand? They told you they weren't classified at the time. Why they are now, they haven't said.

Yes the emails at the time WERE NOT CLASSIFIED. It may only be redacted or classified now because they are making them public.

Show us the emails you are speaking of with staffers.

So the e-mails weren't classified when Hillary sent them because the people that classify those kinds of things didn't KNOW she was sending them since she was using a private server based out of her house! When the people who classify those kinds of things actually did see them...then they became classified?

Do you have any idea how stupid you come across defending that kind of logic?

And that's not even talking about the 50,000 e-mails that Hillary erased from her server! Unless you're the world's most naive person you've got to KNOW that those bad boys contained the stuff that Hillary REALLY doesn't want anyone to see!

The damaging stuff we're seeing now...as bad as that is...don't forget that all that stuff is the stuff that Hillary's crew decided didn't make the grade of the REALLY bad stuff!

Look dullard, if the transmission of classified material is a crime, you cannot charge someone with a crime if it was not classified when it was sent or received. We don't have pre-crime laws as of yet. If alcohol becomes illegal next month you can't charge me for posession yesterday. Get it? Why ,when and how those communications were later classified has not been disclosed, but since they weren't at the time it's really irrelevant as to why they are now.

BTW, it was 55k work emails released to state and 30k private that were erased.

So you admit that Hillary Clinton was in fact sending sensitive e-mails on private, unsecured e-mail accounts...e-mails that were later deemed to be classified?

You're just claiming that "technically" she's not guilty of a crime?

They may be deemed as sensitive and therefore classified when viewed as a whole. None of these communications were meant to be seen by the public and certainly not all of them.
No, they said they weren't classified at the time. What part of that don't you understand? If they weren't classified then where is the crime?

My question for you is a simple one...have any of the e-mails that Hillary Clinton sent or received on her private e-mail account been subsequently designated as classified?
And this is an example of how most, if not all, on the right have no understanding of the actual issue.

If they did, such inane 'questions' wouldn't be asked.

I keep seeing proactive epitaphs for Hillary's candidacy, The Democratic Party Would Be Foolish to Nominate Hillary Clinton, for example. And certainly plenty of victory dances being done on USMB.

She's still in the race, and she's still leading in most polls. Something pretty dramatic would have to happen for her to drop out of the nominating process, and the GOP may still not run a nationally attractive candidate.

Just sayin'.

The only thing that's allowed Hillary to survive this politically, Mac is that nobody from the Democratic side was running against her! Let's be honest with ourselves here...the Democratic nomination of Clinton was etched in stone.
I think that's probably true, so it will be interesting to see if Biden gets in. If he doesn't, then the Dems will no doubt be nervous after she's nominated. The shit could then hit the fan at just the wrong time.

Call me crazy, Mac...but if I'm on the GOP side and I've got the goods on Clinton...I'm not coming out with that until she's the Democratic nominee. What would be the point of doing it earlier? I also have to believe that someone out there has copies of the 30,000 e-mails that Clinton's people scrubbed from her home server. If it's someone with no love lost for the Clintons then that information will be leaked at what they think will be the worst possible time for her.

So the e-mails weren't classified when Hillary sent them because the people that classify those kinds of things didn't KNOW she was sending them since she was using a private server based out of her house! When the people who classify those kinds of things actually did see them...then they became classified?

And that's not even talking about the 50,000 e-mails that Hillary erased from her server! Unless you're the world's most naive person you've got to KNOW that those bad boys contained the stuff that Hillary REALLY doesn't want anyone to see!

The damaging stuff we're seeing now...as bad as that is...don't forget that all that stuff is the stuff that Hillary's crew decided didn't make the grade of the REALLY bad stuff!

Look dullard, if the transmission of classified material is a crime, you cannot charge someone with a crime if it was not classified when it was sent or received. We don't have pre-crime laws as of yet. If alcohol becomes illegal next month you can't charge me for posession yesterday. Get it? Why ,when and how those communications were later classified has not been disclosed, but since they weren't at the time it's really irrelevant as to why they are now.

So you admit that Hillary Clinton was in fact sending sensitive e-mails on private, unsecured e-mail accounts...e-mails that were later deemed to be classified?

They may be deemed as sensitive and therefore classified when viewed as a whole. None of these communications were meant to be seen by the public and certainly not all of them.
No, they said they weren't classified at the time. What part of that don't you understand? If they weren't classified then where is the crime?

My question for you is a simple one...have any of the e-mails that Hillary Clinton sent or received on her private e-mail account been subsequently designated as classified?
And this is an example of how most, if not all, on the right have no understanding of the actual issue.

If they did, such inane 'questions' wouldn't be asked.

Admit it, Clayton...you don't want ANY questions asked of Hillary! You want the whole thing to go away so that Hillary can "cruise" to the Presidency. Sorry, Sparky...that's so not happening!

She was a NOC, on several occasions, Fitzgerald's report says such and shows such.....

A NOC is the MOST covert operative that there is.... with the MOST dangerous positions, and if they are caught on foreign soil, the CIA will deny knowing them...it takes a true patriot to put oneself in that position for your country.

please, just STOP with smearing her....
She was as covert as a 110 piece brass band plus the glockenspiels and the timpani's. She was covert enough with her who's who entries.
what did the who's who entry say of hers?

I keep seeing proactive epitaphs for Hillary's candidacy, The Democratic Party Would Be Foolish to Nominate Hillary Clinton, for example. And certainly plenty of victory dances being done on USMB.

She's still in the race, and she's still leading in most polls. Something pretty dramatic would have to happen for her to drop out of the nominating process, and the GOP may still not run a nationally attractive candidate.

Just sayin'.

The only thing that's allowed Hillary to survive this politically, Mac is that nobody from the Democratic side was running against her! Let's be honest with ourselves here...the Democratic nomination of Clinton was etched in stone.
I think that's probably true, so it will be interesting to see if Biden gets in. If he doesn't, then the Dems will no doubt be nervous after she's nominated. The shit could then hit the fan at just the wrong time.

Call me crazy, Mac...but if I'm on the GOP side and I've got the goods on Clinton...I'm not coming out with that until she's the Democratic nominee. What would be the point of doing it earlier? I also have to believe that someone out there has copies of the 30,000 e-mails that Clinton's people scrubbed from her home server. If it's someone with no love lost for the Clintons then that information will be leaked at what they think will be the worst possible time for her.

Yep. Talk about an "October surprise". That would be nuclear in effect. Just think of all that wasted money and time.

Just sayin'.

Yikes, hadn't thought about that.

If the GOP actually DID have the goods on her, yeah, I can see them doing that. My assumption, though, is that the investigation she's under by the feds will be pretty thorough.

On the other hand, to extend your idea a bit, maybe the GOP would hide that stuff from the feds too!

I can't think of a more interesting campaign season, considering both sides, in my lifetime.

Look dumbass, if it's not classified AT THE TIME IT WAS SENT,then it wasn't classified.
What's so hard to understand? They told you they weren't classified at the time. Why they are now, they haven't said.

Yes the emails at the time WERE NOT CLASSIFIED. It may only be redacted or classified now because they are making them public.

Show us the emails you are speaking of with staffers.

Yes.

Just sayin'.

The only thing that's allowed Hillary to survive this politically, Mac is that nobody from the Democratic side was running against her! Let's be honest with ourselves here...the Democratic nomination of Clinton was etched in stone. The only people running against her were Martin O'Malley (who nobody's ever heard of) and Bernie Sanders (who's the crazy old guy from down the street who protests everything)! Essentially she was running in the Kentucky Derby against a sloth and a tortoise.

So the problem that the Democratic Party now has is that they have a candidate that the majority of the country sees as being completely dishonest but they can't get rid of her because she's Hillary and Hillary wants the Presidency so bad she'd toss her mother under a train to get it...and if they DO get her to step aside...they don't have another viable candidate ready to run! Biden? Gore? Warren? They all have major "warts".
There is plenty of time for the truth to come out and the right wing spinning, twisting, turning and crying wolf to be exposed.

What I won't let happen if I have a voice left to scream and fingers left to write is Republicans picking the Democratic candidate for us through fear mongering and political, fabricated smears....it's what you did last time with Hillary running....scaring the crowd in to believing the republicans in congress would fabricate one "gate" after another if she were picked, and then you all caused even more he'll on Earth with Obama...

We know your modus operandi now....

Tell me something, any emails yet implicating Hillary or Obama with criminal actions taken with Benghazi?

No!

Did Hillary and Obama tell the CIA TO STAND DOWN?
Did Hillary and Obama watch while rubbing their hands in glee a live feed as the 4 were being killed?

Was Ambassador Stevens raped by the Muslims who actually brought him to the hospital?

How about Lerner, you've had all of her emails for months, where are the emails that show she was a criminal and in cahoots with Obama.... Ohhhhh, there aren't any....

You, the Republicans, have cried wolf, one too many times and have been simply full of crapola....it's hard for anyone paying attention to ever believe you....even if you ever have something you are truthful on.... that's what happens when you fabricate and regurgitate, so many, many, many lies.

I'm certain you think the same thing about Dems....

There is no foreseeable end to this.... imo.

I'd be oh so careful what you wish for here, Care...I think it's reasonable to assume that the e-mails that Clinton is slowly releasing now are the least damaging of the e-mails that she sent. The ones that she didn't want anyone to see EVER were the ones that she erased from her servers. Those e-mails the FBI is supposedly attempting to recover. This is quite literally a "death of a thousand cuts" with (as you put it) no foreseeable end in sight but that isn't because of the GOP...that's because Clinton has stonewalled this scandal just as she's stonewalled so many in the past.

As for Clinton losing to Obama? Don't blame that on conservatives...we're not the ones who chose a guy with zero experience to be President based on some vague promise of "Hope & Change"...that would be you liberals that bought into that song and dance!

I think it's reasonable to assume that the e-mails that Clinton is slowly releasing now are the least damaging of the e-mails that she sent.

Clinton isn't releasing anything. The State department is. She turned these over quite a while ago.
55k takes a while to go through.
It's State that is redacting and classifying these before release not Clinton.

Gee, I wonder if the reason that it's taking them so long to release e-mails is that there is so much sensitive material contained in them that needs to be redacted? There are a lot more e-mails than 55 thousand! That's just the tip of the iceberg.

They need to be redacted because none of them let alone all of them were meant to be seen by the public. It's not hard to understand why the State dept may not want a clear picture of the communications of the SOS her entire time at State.

Just sayin'.

If the GOP actually DID have the goods on her, yeah, I can see them doing that. My assumption, though, is that the investigation she's under by the feds will be pretty thorough.

On the other hand, to extend your idea a bit, maybe the GOP would hide that stuff from the feds too!

I can't think of a more interesting campaign season, considering both sides, in my lifetime.

Hmmm...after watching how the Obama Justice Department has dragged their heels on some investigations (I think the FBI is still trying to FIND Benghazi!) do you wonder if how Hillary is investigated on this will be decided by people in the Obama inner circle? I get the feeling that there is no love lost between the Clinton's and the Obama's. They put a good face on it when they need to but there's little question that there's always been friction between those two rivals. I'll be curious to see if Obama's parting shot to Clinton is to scuttle her last chance to become President.

Yes.

So what you're admitting is that Clinton was sending or receiving e-mails that were later determined to be sensitive enough to be given a "classified" designation! She may not be technically guilty of a crime but if that is the case then she is guilty of using extremely poor judgement in using an unsecured private e-mail server to relay sensitive materials.

Just sayin'.

Yep. Talk about an "October surprise". That would be nuclear in effect. Just think of all that wasted money and time.

There are people in the CIA and the Armed Forces who are still pissed at what they saw as an attack on David Petraeus by Clinton and the Obama Administration. How much pleasure do you think those people would take skewering Clinton on essentially the same charges that were brought against Petraeus?

Yes.

So what you're admitting is that Clinton was sending or receiving e-mails that were later determined to be sensitive enough to be given a "classified" designation! She may not be technically guilty of a crime but if that is the case then she is guilty of using extremely poor judgement in using an unsecured private e-mail server to relay sensitive materials.

No moron. Then everyone in every government office who has ever communicated via email and those emails were LATER classified is guilty of a crime. Does that make any damned sense?

Just sayin'.

There are people in the CIA and the Armed Forces who are still pissed at what they saw as an attack on David Petraeus by Clinton and the Obama Administration. How much pleasure do you think those people would take skewering Clinton on essentially the same charges that were brought against Petraeus?

It's not the same thing.

Yes.

No moron. Then everyone in every government office who has ever communicated via email and those emails were LATER classified is guilty of a crime. Does that make any damned sense?

Ah, people who work in government offices are prohibited by law from conducting official business through non-governmental channels since the Nixon days. That was done so that they couldn't hide what they do from the public a la Nixon. What's pathetic is that the administration that came in promising to be the most transparent in history has actually been one of the most secretive in history with officials at the State Department, the EPA and the IRS all hiding how they conducted day to day business by using private e-mail accounts.

Just sayin'.

There is no investigation. Democrats get a pass from thier crimes in office

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Just sayin'.

You haven't been paying attention for the past six years, Thanatos! The way it works with this administration is when there's something that they REALLY don't want to talk about...they generally trot out the old "I can't comment on that because it's part of an ongoing investigation." It's like "No comment" except you don't look so unwilling to talk. If the spokesman is really good they'll give it a little embellishment like "I'd like to talk about that but I can't...because it's part of an ongoing investigation!"

The trick, you see, is to have a Justice Department run by someone like Eric Holder who does what he's told and couldn't care less about something as inconsequential as "the law". Under Holder there were all kinds of "ongoing investigations" and amazingly...they never found out anything! Has anyone ever heard anything about how that FBI investigation into the murders in Benghazi is coming? Have they actually managed to find Libya yet?

You haven't been paying attention for the past six years, Thanatos! The way it works with this administration is when there's something that they REALLY don't want to talk about...they generally trot out the old "I can't comment on that because it's part of an ongoing investigation." It's like "No comment" except you don't look so unwilling to talk. If the spokesman is really good they'll give it a little embellishment like "I'd like to talk about that but I can't...because it's part of an ongoing investigation!"

The trick, you see, is to have a Justice Department run by someone like Eric Holder who does what he's told and couldn't care less about something as inconsequential as "the law". Under Holder there were all kinds of "ongoing investigations" and amazingly...they never found out anything! Has anyone ever heard anything about how that FBI investigation into the murders in Benghazi is coming? Have they actually managed to find Libya yet?
No. The " trick" is actually having something of substance to investigate. Republicans are so weak that the only way they can compete with dem presidents is to try and gin up some dirt. They've done this relentlessly to the last two dem presidents. It's sad really .

"Relentless" isn't a very good description of any Eric Holder investigation of a liberal...is it, Hutch? :ack-1:

RWs have no use for facts or truth so, they'll keep flogging this and lying about for years to come.
It illustrates how desperate they are, and their lack of courage to allow the voters to decide during the General Election.

We saw what the voters decided the last two cycles and the conclusion is crystal clear...

They're greedy and out of their minds but ultimately, not very smart

-Geaux

Forum List

Back