Is having antibodies of covid, just as good as any of these vaccines?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Just curious if there are any health experts on here that can educate me about this. Asking a lot of questions and I do get paranoid over ground swells of hype. That is usually a giant red flag in my mind.

I am wondering if anyone can please let me know.

Also, it seems there is a bit of hype going on about covid patience with actual antibodies, being reinfected.

What would a medical expert's educated guess be on the percentage of that happening? Is that rare or rather common?

Just curious if there are any health experts on here that can educate me about this. Asking a lot of questions and I do get paranoid over ground swells of hype. That is usually a giant red flag in my mind.

Also, it seems there is a bit of hype going on about covid patience with actual antibodies, being reinfected.

What would a medical expert's educated guess be on the percentage of that happening? Is that rare or rather common?
Not an expert, can only see the studies being reported.

"Is having antibodies of covid, just as good as any of these vaccines?"

The official answer as of now is: "Maybe"

Careful of people that cherry pick one single study and only show that to you. they are usually not rational or not honest actors. Go find them and you will see there have been lots of different results.

It’s far better protection than any vaccine can provide.

Zero reason to get the vaccine if you’ve have had WuFlu before, other than virtue signaling and declaring yourself a serf for Big Pharma and the State.

Not an expert, can only see the studies being reported.

"Is having antibodies of covid, just as good as any of these vaccines?"

The official answer as of now is: "Maybe"
Do have any sort of concern over untested vaccines given to us in masses?

When I say untested......

Most if not all vaccines had taken years of study before approval. None of these. We are lab rats basically is what that means.

Please explain how that is not true.

Do have any sort of concern over untested vaccines given to us in masses?
This is not relevant. The vaccines were well tested.

Those years were not all spent sticking them into humans. So a direct comparison is silly. What really saved time was the development, which benefitted from lots of past science.

Most if not all vaccines had taken years of study before approval. None of these. We are lab rats basically is what that means.
It's simple, really. IF you trust the government and its media whores to tell you the truth and do what's best for you, then take the vaccine.

Well, we know for a fact this is 100% wrong. Because we know immunity does wane over time.
It’s an established fact that when we get over a virus we’ll have the antibodies and the body will remember it and produce antibodies if it is encountered again.

You’re the one with zero proof that now suddenly you need a vaccine (that doesn’t even work) is needed for anyone who has recovered from the virus. You’re the one arguing against the precedent already set in science, not us with common sense.

I can't tell if the left are saying the antibodies mean nothing, if they are offended by people who think antibodies are like or better than a vaccination, or if they are claiming the vaccines guard against the delta thing which they don't.

Still not clear here.

About their stance here.

It’s an established fact that when we get over a virus we’ll have the antibodies and the body will remember it and produce antibodies if it is encountered again.
Yet that does not mean your claim follows. I should not have to tell you this.

Another one today that hasn't been peer reviewed yet

This one giving Natural immunity 27x better than the poison vaxxx
And this natural immunity would be good news, going forward. It needs to be well-established. More study needed, since they still are all over the place.

I can't tell if the left are saying the antibodies mean nothing, if they are offended by people who think antibodies are like or better than a vaccination, or if they are claiming the vaccines guard against the delta thing which they don't.

Still not clear here.

About their stance here.
Well, maybe your first error is thinking about a "monolithic" left. You don't need to simplify the world this way.

As of now, we know for certain that vaccines provide protection even for those with prior infections. What we do not know is the strength or length of natural immunity to the different, emerging variants, how quickly it wanes, and when would be the perfect point to say, "get a booster" or "just get one shot, because you have been vaccinated.

This is actually something of a pointless debate. Even if antibodies from an infection are somehow "better," which we don't know, the risk from that infection far outweighs whatever benefits in antibodies you'd be getting. It's russian roulette in a nutshell. Banking on being one of the ppl who get it and it's just a mild cold is insanely foolish. If there's a chance you'll end up hospitalized you could damage your lungs permanently, or be one of the unlucky ones and have symptoms for months on end. Would you choose to be infected by either smallpox or polio in order to possibly get "better antibodies" or simply take the safe vaccine? If you haven't gotten the vaccine and you're wondering if you should, just go get it and stop asking for medical advice on a message board filled with loons.

Forum List

Back